carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 7, 10 3:23 PM
I played the demo when it first came out and didn't care for the gameplay.

Then I downloaded with the update and I am THOROUGHLY enjoying it! I'm nearly done, I think. I've done the pool scene.

The game is well done in that you have to "think" in order to figure things out, rather than just finding things. You don't have to go back and forth to rooms very often like you're in a maze. All the text dialogue above the cursor is helpful in figuring out what something is and how to use it or where to use it.

I didn't have to use the walkthrough once.

I love that the game is taking me a while to finish. I'm taking my time and will probably play again when I'm done.

Just be patience and use a few hints along the way and you should be fine. I don't know about those who are having problems from before the update, but since the update, I'm not having a bit of trouble.

Great job developers - and I'll be waiting to purchase the sequel! I can see where there might be a lot of sequels you can make out of this FBI "ghost hunting" theme.

mafabray
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mafabray on Sep 8, 10 6:41 AM
Not for me. This game is dull,you have to use your hints way to often.Nice graphics is about it for me.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 8, 10 8:31 AM
Great review, Carolinacat, please do more.

I bought and enjoyed Haunted Hotel II, Believe the Lies
and the demo on this convinced me it's as good or better.
Have this credit that needs to be used, so will be buying this today.

Will have to check why I don't have the first in the series, could it be
it has NO relaxed mode? That would put me off.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Sep 8, 10 9:26 AM
joyce2121 wrote:Great review, Carolinacat, please do more.

I bought and enjoyed Haunted Hotel II, Believe the Lies
and the demo on this convinced me it's as good or better.
Have this credit that needs to be used, so will be buying this today.

Will have to check why I don't have the first in the series, could it be
it has NO relaxed mode? That would put me off.

Hi joyce2121,
yes, the first Haunted Hotel doesn't have a relaxed mode.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 8, 10 12:57 PM
Thanks PCkiller

[Post New]by Fosswest on Sep 9, 10 12:34 PM
Really enjoyed it. Liked the way had to go back and forth for items. Also a good length.

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Sep 10, 10 11:37 PM
I sure don't know what some people are looking for in a game, but this one had so much going for it. I cannot find anything to complain about.

The story line was great and so were the sound affects.

Sure I could have improved on the story a little more, perhaps added a woman in the story, but other things made up for the lack of some things.

I loved the interaction...things going together to make a tool, the big pool, the electrical parts,...my mind was constantly being used trying to figure out the next step, etc.

Really some tricky artwork with hidden rooms, finding what you needed. Oh sure I used the hint button a lot!! And I also read the book...every word of it. And I asked for help. And yes I had to skip some puzzles...great puzzles.

Would I recommend this game. Yes...but I also say to you to try out the demo yourself. The game gets better as you go along and it was very helpful when you asked for help.

Would I replay this game...yes I would and I cannot say that for very many that I have bought...which has been a lot. I might be strange but I like this game more than the hit came Drawn that is out right now.

Like I said, try the demo. I had no technical problems whatsoever. I have a Dell Vista computer and everything worked great.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 11, 10 4:27 PM
Just finished up this game and liked it every bit as much if not
better then "Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies".
In fact, might have to go back and try the first one even with
the dreaded timer.

I hope this series goes on to the next episode and beyond.

It's a winner for me.

[Post New]by jennydawn7405 on Sep 14, 10 5:54 AM
I'm dl'ing this now, but its taking FOREVER I am excited to play this one! And I have a few hours all to myself this morning

trikemoma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by trikemoma on Sep 14, 10 4:29 PM
I loved the demo. Bought the game. Have had nothing but trouble with it since I downloaded it. I have deleted/installed a half dozen times. I have deleted/installed the newest game manager. I have deleted/installed the new fix for the screwdriver on the wall plate. I sure wish I could play this game to the end. The graphics are great, the sounds and the music are great, but when the music stops, the game stops working as well. When the lightning and thunder are silent, the game dies too. Please fix it so I can enjoy the rest of the game.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Sep 16, 10 10:57 AM
Really enjoyed the game - had bought the first two - replayed those and then went right into this one
Liked the story, the graphics and even the mini games
for me

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Sep 16, 10 2:00 PM
I have one word for this game..........."frustrating" . I had to restart with a different profile once when I ran into a glitch half-way through. I never did find the rhythm of the game/story [didn't play the earlier in the series].......I constantly had to refer to the "hints" and "tasks" as well as going back and forth, back and forth to the walk through. Even when I thought I knew what I was supposed to do, had trouble with the cursor in picking up or placing things. Another problem with the cursor [I tried both custom and regular] was, if I was too close to the edge of the screen I would end up in a different room........or if I used it on the bottom of the screen, the inventory would fly up instead of an exit. What should have been a fun adventure was like pushing a car to the nearest gas station after it had run out of gas... ...........not enjoyable!!! It was like a relief when I was finally done!

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Sep 17, 10 7:45 PM
trikemoma wrote:I loved the demo. Bought the game. Have had nothing but trouble with it since I downloaded it. I have deleted/installed a half dozen times. I have deleted/installed the newest game manager. I have deleted/installed the new fix for the screwdriver on the wall plate. I sure wish I could play this game to the end. The graphics are great, the sounds and the music are great, but when the music stops, the game stops working as well. When the lightning and thunder are silent, the game dies too. Please fix it so I can enjoy the rest of the game.

there have since been new updates for this game, try uninstalling/ reloading, and if this stil doesn't work, then contact tech support via the .

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Sep 17, 10 7:57 PM
well i have just demo'd the game, and not sure that it will be a buy for me..it was lacking something, though i can't put my finger on it. even though it does have very clear graphics, and seemingly interesting puzzles and game play..maybe on a rainy day i might look at it again..for now i think i will hold onto my game credit for something else..
i few people commented on problems with the game, but it did play perfectly in the hour i played, so try reinstalling if you are having trouble, as there are new updates

[Post New]by jannypanny1965 on Sep 18, 10 8:47 AM
This game is dire. Had to contact support to get through the simplest things,like accessing a room or unscrewing a plate- keep being told to use a cheat code after installing the latest build of the game, and run in window mode.
Has the developer thoroughly beta tested this pile of rubbish? I was told to 'wait 5 to 6 minutes for the level to finish'. What sort of game would you expect to do that? Chess? It's not even a grpahic intensive game with a lot happening on screen, for Gods sake! I played the original Colossal advenure in the 80's and it was a million times quicker than this. Unless you are happy to sit looking out of your window while you wait for the game to do something or actually work, avoid this game like the plague. You have a life.

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Sep 20, 10 9:40 AM
vadasgirl5 wrote:I played this game for 23 mins and closed out - what kind of game is this? - used the hints wayyyyyyyyy to often trying to figure out what I'm doing. At first i thought it was an Adventure game, but reading in the forum it mentions hidden objects, right now i'm not sure what i'm gonna do. I really don't care for Adventure games only. I love adventure plus hidden object but haven't found that in this game so far., HEY! i'm a sea anemone and haven't posted much but these are my thoughts so far. will try to finish out the trial hour. get back to ya!

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Sep 20, 10 9:54 AM
and I like Adventures games and can't stand this constantly and boring looking for
"hidden objects". This game was not bad - except for this collecting of items you don,t need.

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Sep 20, 10 11:46 PM
goog game
much better than the previous 2

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Sep 21, 10 12:02 PM
This is a good game and after I got help from Big Fish I was able to download the new version and play to the end. I didn't know how to get rid of the old game all the way from my computer. now I printed the directions from Big Fish so I know how to do this..... Thanks to Big Fish.

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Sep 21, 10 1:47 PM
Sorry this game was not my cup of tea. Yes I bought it but by accident, thinking it was something else.

I will however say in all fairness the graphics were good, and it was a fairly easy game. I did get bored however because of the simplicity of it. I thought the music and screams were a little much.

I don't normally give a negative report on games, but this one was like I said not my cup of tea. I love adventure games and HOG's, but this one just did not seem to fit well in those.

Those who like detective games might like this one, but sorry not I.

Go to: