KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Aug 30, 10 3:14 PM
Well..................I played the demo and bought the game. Honestly I don't know what's more confusing.....the game or the walkthrough! I normally love this type of game, but this one is difficult!

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Aug 30, 10 3:53 PM
I played most of the hour and enjoyed the game play. However, it is a no buy for me because of the annoying inventory/clues pop up. Very finicky. Nice scenes though.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 30, 10 3:55 PM
rahdaisy wrote:Someone commented:

"I do like the fact that the menu bar drops down out of sight when not in use but am rather puzzled about the little key on it because, although you can click on it and it looks like you are closing a matchbox and then only half the key can be seen, it doesn't appear to do anything at all so if anyone can shed some on that to satisfy my curiosity I would be grateful. "

If you click on the little key, it locks the box in place. Click on it again and it unlocks it so it goes down. You can do that for all ...... inventory, tools, etc. That was all explained in the tutorial.

but if you lock it it covers up items you might need to pick up

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Aug 30, 10 4:33 PM
All I have to say you better have really really really gooooood eyes to play this game, even after hinting the hint button I could not see the item. Not all ot the items are like this but enough to make me delete the game after 15min of playing the demo.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Aug 30, 10 5:13 PM
What a disappointment. The hidden objects are too hard to find and I really wanted to like this one cuz I liked the graphics. I hate games where you have to constantly use the hints..............no buy for me

kathymably
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kathymably on Aug 30, 10 5:24 PM
Okay I installed the demo and played the full 60 minutes, not because I was captivated by the game, but because of the following issues:
1) Too dark - I was unable to see alot of the screen
2) Dialogue - really not necessary. Many may like it but there should be a way to "skip cut scene" similar to alot of the other games.
3) The bag is very annoying - a simple inventory section and tools section would suffice.

While I really like the concept of the game (variety of mini games, and well hidden objects (when you can see them)), it does not captivate you as the majority of the others you have put out.

Sorry, this one is not for me. But I have full faith in BFG and I know there will be alot more to come!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Aug 30, 10 5:26 PM
I'm not fond of FROGs but this one was particularly irritating since the reaction time is slow.
The plot seems to be for children.
I don't understand why the story is told (using a voice) but the dialogue is not spoken. I never listen to the music so I cannot comment on that.

I managed to stick with it for 15 minutes.

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on Aug 30, 10 5:48 PM
Oooooooo My ,What a waste of my playing time, I agree the objects are hard to see, even looking up-close I had a hard time finding ...Soooo Sorry , Not my kind of game... A Sad Fishie indeed

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Aug 30, 10 6:12 PM
Ive WASTED time trying to get the items out of the water, (the sledge hammer head, etc,) it's a NO BUY for me! I'm glad we can try this out, this is one I won't buy

r31s3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by r31s3 on Aug 30, 10 6:41 PM
I think it's quite challenging game. Agree with the object that is hard to see though, but the game is not that boring because the cursor doesn't change or sparkling near the object that's being hidden so it's challenging to me

[Post New]by TX_Teddybear on Aug 30, 10 6:52 PM
This game is awful, makes me dizzy trying to use the terrible cursor, and the silly inventory screen just pops in and out everytime you try and move. Deleted after 15 minutes. No buy here.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Aug 30, 10 6:54 PM
This game is a pass for me too
The inventory bar hops up and down – the scene scrolls by itself away from where one would like to use a hint.
The game editors need to use spell check - the clues were either too obvious or so difficult to be nonsensical

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Aug 30, 10 6:59 PM
TimeKilla wrote:But wow! It's pretty darn rough around the edges. The controls are clunky, the inventory screen pops up continuously, the dialog can be skipped but not advanced, not all active areas light up, items are hard to click on, and niche areas accessed with the magnifying glass are nearly impossible (those last two could be my widescreen monitor),

Having 4 separate inventory bags plus an "object to find" mini-screen gets old quick. If you open one of the sub-inventory bags, you need to close it, click on the main one and close that to get back to the stuff you still need to find. Awkward.

Wow....after an endless day without a moments peace, all I could think about was taking time for me and demoing this game to release the hectic day I had. Well, this game just continued it. I found it more than irritating :. Some areas were so dark you could not see if there were items or not. Some items you had to keep clicking and clicking before the items were picked up, etc. Other problems are mentioned above.
Put it this way I found the Wizard of Oz game less irritating....that should say something. A definate no buy. I'm off to find a game that helps me rid myself of the day.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Aug 30, 10 7:19 PM
Don't have any bad comments about the game but no good ones either. Not my cup of tea plain and simple.

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Aug 30, 10 8:19 PM
There are enough reviews for players for this, so I'm hoping the developers take a look at this post. I am in agreement with several posters who think this game has great potential, but the mark has just been missed.

First of all, I love FROGS, way more than HOGS. But why don't I particularly like this FROG? Well, I do not like the fact that some items are hidden by the clue screen. Nonononono, I do not like that at all. I don't like having to switch between a clue screen and no clue screen. Also, offer a name to the items in the clue screen when the cursor hovers over it.

Okay, there's just way too much conversation. I mean waaaay too much. Have a click option to speed through--I wanted to see it, but see it quickly, so I had to skip. I didn't want to, but I did.

There is this odd millisecond delay upon clicking an item and the little blue flare. As a FROG player, part of the enjoyment I have is fast clicking on the items.

My last complaint is there are too many places to hold objects. You have a place for clues, a place for inventory, a pocket for this, a pocket for that, gaaaah!!! Why can't the clues and inventory be the same place? If you want extra pockets for other stuff, I can deal with that, but there are too many places to look for things to use--we are already looking for items and it's like a FROG for the clues and a FROG for the usable items. (Not sure if that made sense, but I blame it on the game )

Oh wait, I have one more complaint--give an option for the cursor eh, or don't make it a curvy claw-like thing!

Regardless, just because I am such a fan of FROGS, I actually may purchase this game, but I have to put a great deal of thought into it first.

Keep trying--like I said, the potential is great, but some major tweakage is necessary. The floating screen is pretty nifty, and I don't mind the graphics at all. (Didn't listen to the music because I never do.) But, like TimeKilla said, it's an adorable mess!

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 8:22:02 PM PST

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Aug 30, 10 8:42 PM
Ugh-played most of my demo.Usually love these types of games, but passing on this one-objects aren't just hard to find, they're hidden in ways that are ridiculous. Also, I find the narrator's voice to be sooooo out of sync with the nature of the game. Like the characters, but that's about it.

zazu2008
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zazu2008 on Aug 30, 10 8:43 PM
I love most HOGs and FROGs, but this one is not for me.
I don't like the characters. They're not very interesting. The graphics are not very good. The plot is boring and the game play itself is substandard.
My advice: find a different game.

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Aug 30, 10 8:46 PM
Score 1 out of 5 - graphic quality is great, but the fragments are too hard to see. Thank goodness for a hint system that seems endless.

This is a no-buy. I played the demo for about 10 minutes and deleted.

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Aug 30, 10 9:07 PM
Also didn't like the clues/inventory bar disappearing and reappearing. Most annoying, and I really can't think of a reason why it would have been done like that.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 30, 10 9:20 PM
I just finished playing the demo, and I'm glad it's over.

I like the scenery, like the story, hate the music and ambient sounds, and agree that the inventory/frag. items/clue items bar is annoying.

Also the hint system wasn't a lot of help with the "free Pan" scene, although I did manage to figure it out myself finally.

Go to: