Re:Post any Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition® technical issues here only

[Post New]by shaw_n on Sep 2, 10 9:16 PM
I really like the game, but when I try to get the letter out of the lion's mouth, nothing happens. It won't let me grab it. Is there a way to solve it?

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Sep 3, 10 12:41 AM
Won't let you grab objects. Too bad BF continues to release defective games.

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by fabes on Sep 3, 10 4:57 AM
sinshack wrote:I would love to try this game, but I can't even get any help on the last two games I purchased. Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows locks up at the gerbil phone call, and Seawise Chronicles locks up at using the runes to open the gate. I tried repeatedly to use the Help email funtion, but it won't let me Send my problem - it just has a Check for Answers button on the bottom of the page, and that button doesn't seem to be attached to anything - absolutely nothing happens when I click it. It won't let me attach my Dr. Felix Results because it says it's either too big or it can't find the location of the file.

I'm getting extremely frustrated. I have never had a problem contacting tech support before, and now I have two games purchased that I can't play and can't get help for.

PLEASE HELP! What do I do now??

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by fabes on Sep 3, 10 5:01 AM
Ive tried to contact tech support also with no luck just a button that says check for answers nothing happens when you press it. Why wont they let your email go thru never had problem before

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Sep 3, 10 5:54 AM
Shaw_n...to get the letter out of the lion's mouth, when you click on the lever for the lion to open his mouth...you have to move a bit quickly, grab the rock from your inventory and put it in the lion's mouth. This will hold it open in order for you to grab the letter.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Sep 3, 10 11:15 AM
chrysteen wrote:to Aubrn Peach and Chipper. I had my custom cursor turned off..when I turned it back on the game worked for me. hope thats all your issue is as well.
Thank you ....Big Fish refunded my money...I will wait until the regular version comes out and will take your advise regarding the cursor.I have a new graphics card and have had no problems playing any Big Fish Game. Hope that the cursor is my solution...Thanks again, for answering...

[Post New]by harry777777 on Sep 3, 10 2:03 PM
System Requirements:
CPU: 1.0 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 787 MB

This Is What Is Required On Your Laptop Or PC To Be Able To Play Drawn 2 Dark Flight

mothermayhem
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mothermayhem on Sep 3, 10 2:42 PM
Bexa wrote:I had no blue lantern problem or other issues...until I started to proceed to the back of the library. The game closed except for an"SDL app" window open on my Taskbar which only had the "close" option active.

So I closed it and the game is gone...hope I don't have to start over.

I'm playing with Windows 7 on the CE I just downloaded today.

Just encountered this exact same problem. Have not had any problems until this.

[Post New]by a_moondragon on Sep 3, 10 2:58 PM
mothermayhem wrote:
Bexa wrote:I had no blue lantern problem or other issues...until I started to proceed to the back of the library. The game closed except for an"SDL app" window open on my Taskbar which only had the "close" option active.

I am running Vista 32bit and my game is doing the same thing when the pop-up book on the pedestal opens.
Edit: I just downloaded and started playing today.

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 2:59:48 PM PST

mothermayhem
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mothermayhem on Sep 3, 10 3:37 PM
a_moondragon wrote:
mothermayhem wrote:

I am running Vista 32bit and my game is doing the same thing when the pop-up book on the pedestal opens.
Edit: I just downloaded and started playing today.

Exactly so. I've never encountered this problem before.

[Post New]by AmazingGrace791 on Sep 3, 10 6:09 PM
I'm having an odd problem with this game. Whenever I click on a character that's supposed to talk to me, the screen gets dark except for the circle around them, but no words pop up. I hear nothing, see nothing, just darkness and the character staring at me.

I made my profile with the tutorial mode (sort of on accident, but I decided to continue on with it), and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I don't have enough time left on my demo to change things and see if it helps, so I'm just trusting that BF can fix this. Thanks for any help! =)

jammer333
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jammer333 on Sep 3, 10 6:23 PM
jlewis228 wrote:I'm only getting the bottom half of the dialogs also, thought it was just me so came here and see others are having the same problem.

Ditto just half of what the message is?????

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 6:25:43 PM PST

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Sep 3, 10 8:54 PM
This game has crashed my computer 4 times, and I can't get past the rope. Sigh.

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Sep 3, 10 8:56 PM
harry777777 wrote:System Requirements:
CPU: 1.0 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 787 MB

This Is What Is Required On Your Laptop Or PC To Be Able To Play Drawn 2 Dark Flight

Well, I guess that means Windows 7 won't work. Too bad I have Windows 7. I would have purchased the game.

jenva
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jenva on Sep 4, 10 1:35 AM
I purchased this great game direct from the BF website about 24 hours ago, and have not had a problem with it...until now. I got about halfway into the game, lit the second beacon, then I decided to exit the game for the day. Now I am trying to get back into it and the game wont load, I have a black screen with type showing 59%...that's it, it seems to be frozen with that image. The game just wont load, I dont have any other problems with any of the BF games I have purchased....what's the problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by jschorrii on Sep 4, 10 3:48 AM
A couple of notes for you guys and a few suggestions. I liked to say that this game was well worth it. Though I myself ran into alot of bugs. Still having issues with the bridge you build when you go down under the library sure ill get it figured out. But bugs aside I can't fix those or tell you how to its just something the companies are going to have to work out of the software. But some techincal help for those of you with slow loads and scripting problems. Scripting meaning only getting half the writing or image. I could bore you with how they make these games but instead I'll tell you this they test these games on newer systems so for a more effective game play have your system up to date meaning if your not running something along the lines of a duel processor with a high end graphics card you can most likely blame that for your issues. Most of these high digital games are rendered using softwares that require alot of graphic memory onboard memory cards etc. Without it there's a good chance you won't get the software fixed. Note though there are softwares out there that do bump some of your computers memory to your graphics card that might help. First thing everybody with issues should do is check the system requirements and then cross your fingures that they're correct hopefully. The recommended requirements and the suggested system capability are two different things The suggested is most likely the way they tested these games in the first place. Now bigfish I understand how you do buisness and anybody yelling at bigfish is yelling at the wrong people yell at the company that made it bigfish only sales the games online they don't make them least thats how I understand it. So please consider emailing the companies direct and telling them they suck cause you can't play something you paid for. But please make sure you have a system that meets the minimum requirements for the games you download if you don't then Bigfish is on the losing end giving you free software to make up for your mistake. Your hardware is what is causing 3/4 of your issues. As for the glitches or bugs everybody needs to flood the company with complaints until they fix it. The company needs to better troubleshoot there software and there wouldn't be any bugs. I say the company needs to have a little more pride in their work and there wouldn't be any bugs. Illegal download bugs well thats a different story but if we pay for your product we shouldn't be having problems using it.

[Post New]by pinik45 on Sep 4, 10 5:32 AM
Sakuya wrote:i'm stuck at the part where you should get the blue lantern
the guide shows me a screen of the place it should be, but it isn't there
starting the game with another profile just doesn't work
everything is up to date too, so i just don't have a clue what to do

[Post New]by pinik45 on Sep 4, 10 5:55 AM
Sakuya wrote:i'm stuck at the part where you should get the blue lantern
the guide shows me a screen of the place it should be, but it isn't there
starting the game with another profile just doesn't work
everything is up to date too, so i just don't have a clue what to do

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Sep 4, 10 2:39 PM
jschorrii wrote: Now bigfish I understand how you do buisness and anybody yelling at bigfish is yelling at the wrong people yell at the company that made it bigfish only sales the games online they don't make them least thats how I understand it. So please consider emailing the companies direct and telling them they suck cause you can't play something you paid for. But please make sure you have a system that meets the minimum requirements for the games you download if you don't then Bigfish is on the losing end giving you free software to make up for your mistake. Your hardware is what is causing 3/4 of your issues. As for the glitches or bugs everybody needs to flood the company with complaints until they fix it. The company needs to better troubleshoot there software and there wouldn't be any bugs. I say the company needs to have a little more pride in their work and there wouldn't be any bugs. Illegal download bugs well thats a different story but if we pay for your product we shouldn't be having problems using it.

In this case, the game came out of Big Fish Studios. I believe they take great pride in their work. The idea that they would rush a buggy product to market is unfathomable.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Sep 4, 10 8:58 PM
I downloaded the demo, and have found it incredibly slow when changing scenes. After the first few times, I started timing the delay (just a black screen), and it takes about 3 minutes to load the next scene. Multiply this by a few times, (including being confused about which direction to go, always a problem for me with this kind of game), and it eats up a lot of the demo time. I would say that I actually was only able to play the game for about 30 minutes total. Don't know if this is my computer, or the game. I didn't intend to buy the CE, anyway, so I'll wait until the standard one comes out, and try it again. Maybe, if this is a bug, it will be resolved by then.

Go to: