mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Escape from Frankenstein's Castle

[Post New]by mr7933 on Sep 4, 10 12:36 PM
Wow, this game is super short! I liked that there were a lot of puzzles, though some of them were the same. I wish that the map could have been used to quickly get to areas you've been. If I would have known how short this games was, I wouldn't have purchased it. Oh well.

sandyca
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by sandyca on Sep 4, 10 3:08 PM
Although I liked this game in the beginning, the constant loading page every single time you needed to go to another area got really, really irritating and I couldn't even finish the trial, had to get out of dodge.........sorry.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Sep 4, 10 4:10 PM
After playing the demo, I still don't know. I found the story interesting enough, but it just didn't grab me - I couldn't see myself playing it again after the first time. The loading between scenes didn't bother me. (Really, Drawn takes far longer to load.) It would be a good buy on the DD.

[Post New]by tlc13432 on Sep 4, 10 4:36 PM
I played the trial and I liked it. But I do agree the loading in between scenes takes way to long. I was not able to finish the game after accomplishment 7, kept getting booted out with Error Access blah blah blah, I uninstalled and reinstalled hoping it would help. But no luck, has anyone else had this issue.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 4, 10 5:53 PM
Just finished the demo:

Pros: Hard to think of any at this moment !!

Cons: Obiviously, like everyone else, the constant loading in between scenes - even when you mistakenly leave a room and want to go right back, it has to load. I have never seen a game that did this before. No, it didn't take forever to load, but it was forever annoying.

Also, when navigating through the house, you have to wait for the "directional arrows" to appear before you can go there. These don't appear unless your cursor is on just the right place. Annoying, again.

The map I found of no use whatsoever. The rooms are not labeled, so you don't really know where you are, and you cannot click on a room and go there.

What the heck is up with the Memories? Great - you get to see what she remembered, but you cannot interact with that scene.

Random clicking to find what you are supposed to find. No direction at all in that area. When you come upon a puzzle you are not able to play yet, it gives no directions on how to play - have to deduce you don't have all the pieces to play. Too many long scenes you have to read through. Voice overs just awful, music even more awful.

No sale here, not even ON sale. Deleting as we speak.
Peace,
cg

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Sep 4, 10 6:01 PM
Good game, fun to play, but awfully short. I think I finished in a little under 2 hours.

[Post New]by Susiebruce on Sep 4, 10 7:44 PM
Did NOT like this game. Too short, very poor graphics, story line was silly. I was very disappointed with what could have been a fun game. I felt that it didn't live up to previous Big Fish games' standards. Started out pretty well. But about an 1 1/2 hrs. into it, it got pretty corny. Couldn't tell by just playing the 1 hr. trial. Would not recommend to anyone that like a "good" hidden object adventure game.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Sep 4, 10 10:07 PM
arthurC wrote:I beta tested this game and the constant loading between scenes was one of my main gripes about (what could have been) a nice game. As it was, I encountered a glitch and couldn't play it to the end - but if they haven't fixed the 'interminable loading' problem, I won't be giving it another shot.
Jo

I agree!!! you have to wait to long and if you miss click you are in a room you don't want to be in your have to wait again~~~ not for me

[Post New]by early_morning_ja on Sep 5, 10 5:49 AM
all the loading every time you changed to a different part of a room or to a different room ruined the game for me. If they could fix this flaw it would be a good game

[Post New]by MissHappiness19 on Sep 5, 10 6:50 AM
I really like this game! The loading between each scene only took a few seconds and didn't bother me at all; it was the same length as Drawn, which also loaded between scenes. I thought this was an interesting and well made game, and I love its adventure style!

I love Playfirst and think they make high quality games. And I appreciate how they release the Mac version along with the PC version. Thanks!

[Post New]by ElaineNola on Sep 5, 10 9:01 AM
This was a fun game. However, it was WAY too short. Had I known that after the 1 hour trial I was almost finished with the game, I would not have purchased it.

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Sep 5, 10 2:10 PM
I hated this game,didn't like the graphics and,just thought it tedious.Definitely not a buy for me.

[Post New]by GameStudent on Sep 5, 10 6:47 PM
This was a bit disappointing given that it was a pretty short game. I played the demo, used a credit to purchase, played for another 30 minutes and ta-da, game was over. At least I think I was near the end. Unfortunately I got an access error just at the end so I didn't get to see the game out to the finish but by then I'd got the gist of it and was over it. The mini games were way too simple. I like adventure games but this was a bit simplistic, too short and not very taxing. My brain cells need a more complex work out to keep me interested.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Sep 6, 10 10:41 AM
I purchased the game because of a Labor Day discount offer, but I must say it has one really annoying feature that should have been addressed in development: the interminable and constant "Loading" every time you go from room to room.

The game is fine in other ways, but I have been playing for hours and I would bet money that if it were not for the constant irritation of having to wait FOREVER to get from one room to the next I would have finished it a long time ago.

[Post New]by polish_girl2 on Sep 6, 10 5:00 PM
haveing a problem getting a bone from the kitchen i have tryed the orange potion but still cant get it on my to do list so i can get the bone any help the walk throgh did not help

briandg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by briandg on Sep 6, 10 7:07 PM
This ranks among the most incredibly lame games I have ever played. There are excellent games available, ravenhearst for example, dire groves, this is just pathetic. I want my penny back.

Your Comments and Reviews for Escape from Frankenstein's Castle

[Post New]by dagraved on Sep 6, 10 7:13 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Escape from Frankenstein's Castle? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

10cdiamond
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by 10cdiamond on Sep 7, 10 1:10 AM
After playing Return to Ravenhurst, this was way too easy. Hidden objects and puzzles were way too simple. WAY too short. I had it almost completed before the 1 hour demo- and I am not the greatest at these games. This would be fine for a beginner; if not, don't bother.

calabashbb
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by calabashbb on Sep 7, 10 5:22 AM
I didn't even give the trial 5 mins. and I zapped it. Gone, Out of Here!!!

reneesenn
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by reneesenn on Sep 7, 10 2:14 PM
This game has nice atmosphere and it sounds like an interesting story but I had no desire to continue it. Something about it just made me . The loading time was an issue for me, I'm just not that patient. I will say, I'm from a state where helmets are optional, but I still wonder at the couples IQ for not wearing them.

Go to: