govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 5, 10 6:46 PM
I posted in one of the threads that has been locked - cursor and inventory items are a HUGE problem in this game.

remmah17
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by remmah17 on Sep 5, 10 7:03 PM
my computer all up to date but cursor not working for me either. shame looks like my type of game. please fix it BF!!!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 5, 10 7:35 PM
I was going to buy this game, but the cursor problems are too frustrating. I guess they will have them fixed as soon as the sale is over.

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Sep 5, 10 7:50 PM
So wanted to like this game and purchase it. But the almost non existent slooooooooow moving cursor sent me running from the asylum!!! So hard to try and pick up inventory items, Even tried reg. vs custom cursor.........no difference. If they can fix the problem, would consider it, but until then a NO BUY from me. Did think the fish plaque on the wall in the cabin was pretty funny............something like "that's a big fish"...........made me chuckle in spite of not being able to play. Oh well off to find something else for the "endless" summer deal.
Happy gaming fishies!!

crystalstorm
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by crystalstorm on Sep 5, 10 7:57 PM
Great game, was really looking forward to it. Then I had the same uncontrollable cursor problem that so many others have had. When first played the custom cursor froze so I exited and unchecked the Custom Cursor and all was fine for about 20 min. Didn't get very far in the game due to this. I'm running XP professional on a 4 yr old laptop, video card is Intel Mobile 965 chipset family.

There have been so tech problems with so many games I think BF should extend the sale price to the time of the fix or reimburse us if we purchase and they don't get theglitches worked out. I don't understand what's going on lately...these typesof things are happening way too often.

kdboo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kdboo on Sep 5, 10 8:00 PM
I also have the same issue with the cursor. I uninstalled and downloaded, but still can't pull items from inventory with the bouncing cursor. Hope the problem gets fixed soon. Too bad as it looks like a fun game.

soussic
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by soussic on Sep 5, 10 8:06 PM
Got the same problem with the cursor only played 30 mn but most of the time I played has been spent in trying to get the cursor on the right thing and moving the right think in the right place.
I uninstalled the game
Fix it up^and try the game before putting it on the market

soussic
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by soussic on Sep 5, 10 8:06 PM
Got the same problem with the cursor only played 30 mn but most of the time I played has been spent in trying to get the cursor on the right thing and moving the right think in the right place.
I uninstalled the game
Fix it up^and try the game before putting it on the market

[Post New]by lfriday on Sep 5, 10 8:11 PM
I would probably buy this game, but it is soooo annoying waiting for the cursor to catch up. Such a shame - it seems like fun

bamlink
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by bamlink on Sep 5, 10 8:13 PM
I'm not having any problems with the cursor. I turned off the custom cursor immediately. The game loaded well and there was no lag. BUT, items that I need to solve the puzzles are not going into my inventory, they are simply disappearing after I click them.

I bought the game and it's quite a disappointment as it looked very good. I shall email CS for a refund. Let's hope they work better than the game.

texgma
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by texgma on Sep 5, 10 8:19 PM
error in basement click on computer and get error png fatal error . i will reinstall
but already paid Hope they fix it or want my money back

[Post New]by kdickard on Sep 5, 10 9:54 PM
the cursor doesn't move quick like it should it really drags and is very irritating

macy2009
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison - Technical Issues

[Post New]by macy2009 on Sep 5, 10 11:39 PM
JosCafe wrote:Using Windows Vista on a Delll Laptop -

Game downloaded and installed, but when trying to run it, the screen just flashes over and over and over .. have to use task manager, find it and shut it down.

I uninstalled it.
Exact same problem here! did the same, will wait till issues are fixed

[Post New]by Hot_Chili_Chips on Sep 6, 10 1:34 AM
The game crashes at random points and corrupts the game profile. The game erases the profile you've made and defaults to the "player" game file.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Sep 6, 10 3:11 AM
I am having cursor & inventory jerky & slow play too but just bought the game on "Endless" because it works ok on my computer @ work sooooo hopefully in the not too distant future BFG will sort with the game developers a fix update and it will work on my computer @ home too !! From this forum I get there a lots of folks experiencing the same cursor & inventory problems - do these games get thoroughly tested before going on sale ?? Anyways looks like a goodie !!!

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on Sep 6, 10 3:54 AM
MemorableMovies wrote:The game installed fine and the graphics were beautiful until I entered the caretaker's house. The screen is white with thin gray lines covering the screen, the furniture in the room is a little deeper shade of white so you can't see them... the only thing that's visable is the chair. I tried using hints to find things to click on, and each time a box opened, the graphic was perfect. The problem is in the room. When I exit the room, all graphics are normal. I'm running Windows Vista, completely updated with the latest graphic and Direct X drivers. It looks like a good game but I'm not buying something I can't see. Please fix this.

EXACTLY what happens to me. It is at least the 4th game where this has happened. Please, PLEASE, BigFish, make sure your games are compatible with all graphics cards!
This looks like a really good game, and I really want to buy it. Am glad I have learned from previous mistakes, though, and demo'ed it first...

strilf, over and out

[Post New]by andrea4376 on Sep 6, 10 4:12 AM
Am having no curser issues but am getting the lines in the caretakers house

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 6, 10 4:12 AM
for those who have cursor trubble:i updated my flash player and it is better!i can open inventory easily and pick up items,and put them not very quickly but easily!(and with ordinary cursor of course!)

aenvit
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by aenvit on Sep 6, 10 4:14 AM
Was going to say I had problems but they look like they've already been addressed. Been playing for almost 30 minutes and haven't even seen my first hidden object scene!! Sure looks like a good game on the level of the RTR!! Hope it's fixed soon!

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Sep 6, 10 4:43 AM
hello fishies...does anyone know if this problem has been fixed yet?...thanks

Go to: