Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only.

[Post New]by irishmom47 on Mar 1, 11 4:56 PM
Glad to hear that it was not just my computer having problems with the cursor. Fortunately it did not happen throughout the entire game or I would have broken my screen. I did have problems with one puzzle which I was able to skip, but then when I got to the part of getting into the asylum it does it all the time. Ready to trash it.

jessmom01
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jessmom01 on Apr 3, 11 6:49 AM
well, it looked like a good game... pressed "play now" on game manager & got an omen that all would not be well. My screen went black & white lines for a long time, then when the game came up, it wasn't worth the time & frustration to try any more than about 10 minutes. Cursor just floats & drags slowly, moving around is jerky, & picking up inventory or found objects was in slo mo, or No mo. I've never had a game do this before, so came to the forum to see if anyone else reported similar glitches. Seems like this one has had problems since the beginning. Bummer.

[Post New]by Ivans1stwife on Apr 26, 11 5:00 PM
I'm admitting to being a little jealous of people who say they get flashing screens... as as I brought this game via CD-Rom today as I want games for my PC and don't always like downloading them.

Unfortunately, out of all the games I brought today for my new laptop, this one (and so far this one alone), refuses to load. It installs. When I go to press play the screen turns black as though it's about to play and then it exits and I get a new screen pop up from Big Fish saying "Thank you for playing" and an option to "play again". That's it.

I've sent a request to the Customer Support, but am hoping someone might have some advice before the 24-72 hours they allow for themselves is up as I really do want to give this game a try.

I'm using Windows 7 but the rest of my laptops specs meet the specs required of the game and the box claims it is Windows 7 compatible.

Anyone have any ideas how I might be able to at least see if I have any other technical issues with it?

Thanks in advance,

Reb.

[Post New]by pussinboots64 on May 10, 11 11:39 AM
I have bought this game just last week and I have got to the bit where you enter the blood DNA sample and enter "thorn" and it then takes you to some dialogue. My game has got stuck her and when I closed the game down & started it again I have lost all the game that i have played so far!
Anyone got any ideas or will I just need to start again??

[Post New]by 3_Cat_Night on May 19, 11 9:56 AM
I bought the PC version of this game today and assume it is the updated version. It installed and started fine.

A few minutes into the game, the game started to lag and get slower and slower, causing the cursor to appear to jump and make it very difficult to aim it at anything. I went to the options window and changed from full screen to windowed.

That improved it again until about 5 minutes of playing, when it got slower and slower, until is was unplayable. I closed the game, opened it again. Again it played well for about 5 minutes, then lagged.

This problem acts like a memory leak.

Are there any fixes?

[Post New]by 3_Cat_Night on Jun 18, 11 4:39 PM
I fixed my problem by installing an updated video card driver, which fixed it until I got to the graveyard where it started slowing down again, but not as badly as before. I could wait a minute or two for the game to catch up. It sounded like the game was loading all those graphics.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jul 1, 11 8:31 AM
Really strange: I played this game problem free when it came out. Now, I was going through my game manager cleaning out games and tried to play this one again only to get FLASHING SCREEN. I am on the same computer. The only thing different is I am using AVG now instead of Norton or McAfee. Could AVG be the problem?

[Post New]by Lizzie_V on Jul 6, 11 8:20 PM
I have a Mac OS X 10.6.4, and I don't even remember what part I'm at anymore because now when I load it, it just gives me a black screen and a weird little object. I've re-installed it multiple times, and when I get to whatever point I'm at now, the same thing happens. It freezes, and when I try to play, I get the weird little symbol and a black screen. I haven't gotten past the chain link fence (I think it's a chain link fence. All I know is that I'm not far at all.) Anyone else have this problem?

7SlotFever
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by 7SlotFever on Jul 10, 11 9:03 AM
Right from the start my cursor was herky jerky. I opted for standard cursors, it was no help.

It looks like it would be a great little game but after seeing the reviews over the past couple of years, and the SAME problems arising without resolution, I'm not sure I want to spent the whole $2.99 just to make myself crazy.

Even at a mere three bucks, glitches are glitches and should have been fixed long ago.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 10, 11 10:21 AM
Hi Jadakiss2000, Lizzie_V, and 7SlotFever

Here's the link to one of our Help pages that has helped to solve these types of issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing the steps in this article, please feel free to contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 07/10/2011 at 10:22:03 AM PST

[Post New]by anacon37 on Jul 12, 11 9:28 AM
I thought the update would fix the lagging cursor...NOT. That was the first problem with the game. Next problem...I tried again yesterday to play the game. All I got was a jumbled up colored screen. Don't say it was my computer graphics...all the other games I tried after this worked fine. This game is full of bugs...problems...whatever you want to call it. I'm glad I only paid $2.99 for it as I am sure there won't be any refund for it.

I love Big Fish Games as a whole. This game has been my only truly, truly, truly bad experience.

Did I mention it was TRULY bad?

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Jul 12, 11 1:48 PM
This game is not working very well. The cursor floats so does the regular one: It picks up the wrong thing out of the inventory and hard to hold on to the one you need.
The tile "H' is not there so i am really stuck now.Most mini games don
t work the curser does not let you move the pieces.
Overall this game is very frustrating. And where is the lettter "H". it is not it is supose to be i have the waltkthrough.
It also does not go back when needed, Sorry I bought this game but i would like to finish it but how? Start all over???

[Post New]by lrmc112060 on Jul 13, 11 9:25 AM
I had the same cursor problems that the other people in this forum were having so I tried an experiment. Before deleting the free trial I downloaded from BFG which had the slow blinking cursor problem I downloaded the free trial from Iwin games and had no further trouble with the cursor or any other game issue. That tells me that it isn't my computer and there are no bugs inherent in the game itself. That leaves BFG and whatever they're doing or adding to the game. I've noticed other games on this site where people are having the same issues too.

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Jul 18, 11 4:33 PM
I just finished this game and was happy that I didn't have some of the issues that other players have noted.....at least until the ending video. I really enjoyed the game, but after playing it all the way through, it crashed during the final video. Will someone be kind enough to PM me and tell me what happens? Thanks so much!

[Post New]by gamebaby47 on Aug 9, 11 6:35 PM
I was enjoying the game, everything working fine until the game froze during one of the videos. I had to cntr/alt/del to get out.
I will try to play one more time to see if I get the same problem.

I started back at the same place this time I didn't have the freezing problem. So happy because this is a good one.

Edited on 08/09/2011 at 10:33:00 PM PST

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Aug 11, 11 10:20 AM
CCGB wrote:Couldn't get the cursor to point where directed. Using Vista Home, Bamboo graphics pad (although experienced same problems when I tried a mouse), Dell XPS 420. Uninstalled game.

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Aug 11, 11 10:21 AM
I can't get the curser to do anything. I give up.

[Post New]by pandachick22 on Aug 11, 11 3:27 PM
JosCafe wrote:Game still won't load on my Vista Dell Inspiron 1525

Screen just flashes.

I have the exact same problem you have. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but it still will not stop blinking.

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 3:33:18 PM PST

[Post New]by rickijdanks on Aug 13, 11 1:14 PM
I have the iPad version. I now cannot reenter the lab having left it. The door is open but I am requested to reswipe my ID, which is no longer in my inventory.

[Post New]by flipkid2 on Aug 13, 11 3:27 PM
rickijdanks wrote:I have the iPad version. I now cannot reenter the lab having left it. The door is open but I am requested to reswipe my ID, which is no longer in my inventory.

I am having the same issue. Very frustrating!

Go to: