Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest

[Post New]by Menesa on Apr 2, 11 12:18 AM
I should have known from previous experience in ancient Egyptian themed games ....when are these game developers going to get ancient Egyptian history right.. C'mon guys.Since when are Tut,the Temple of Abu Simbel ALL mixed up with the 4th & 5th dynasty pyramids at Giza ????
Then I had to start smashing antiquities. ..thats when i stopped the demo.... come on a little better research please.
I would even offer my services as archeologist, Egyptologist free just to get a good game with an ancient Egyptian theme....not one has stood up to historical fact.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 19, 11 12:09 PM
I can't believe it took me this long to get around to playing this as I bought it when it first came out. Fantastic!

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS for how wonderful the graphics are displayed on my wide-screen. This has always been one of my pet peeves and I was beside myself with glee when the graphics displayed properly.

This is an adventure game, inventory-based and quite a well-designed one at that. I never got bored, never lost interest and the story-line was actually intriguing enough to warrant me reading the complete journal and not wanting to stop until the game was over.

The music is a bit repetitive but I always turn the music way down anyway so no gripes.

The puzzles are challenging but not too hard so i was able to complete them all with minimal difficulty without any frustration. Each location is unique which keeps the game fresh.

And I really enjoyed the sarcastic sense of humor of the main character and the witty banter between her and other characters you meet along the way. This was, to me, the best part as the dialogue was fun and not drab nor did it feel scripted. Sense of humor in a game is great as long as it's done well, and this is.

Excellent job.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jul 4, 11 12:49 PM
i have enjoyed the very pleasant graphics and diff civilizations(done with some humor)....the hint helper was very good when u want to use it...liked this game and was surprised at that..

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 4:45 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Great Game

[Post New]by technocratee on Aug 9, 11 5:04 AM
Loved this game, Hidden Object Adventure, exactly my type, good graphics, lots of puzzles, decent story, long enough.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 9, 11 2:35 PM
This is more of an adventure game than hidden object. Not a buy for me.

ffap
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ffap on Jan 28, 12 9:20 AM
Not for me---I was hoping to find something that was not so depressing like all the recent HOGs with nothing but death and gloom and fear etc,but this is not my thing here.It is a pretty game and so far not depressing and gloomy,but it is just boring.No buy for me.I couldn't make myself even finish the demo.

[Post New]by RedSox22 on Jan 28, 12 3:23 PM
Liasmani wrote:Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Just curious....have you EVER purchased a game? cannot recall a single one.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 31, 12 2:06 PM
This game is quite long and enjoyable. It may seem a bit simplistic at first glance, but it's not. You must travel through several ancient lands gathering relics by traveling through portals. Yes, you have to smash a few priceless objects, but it's just a game, and one must suspend their realistic beliefs of what an archaeologist should or shouldn't do for the time being.

There are no hidden object scenes at all. It's more of an adventure game. Instead of h.o. scenes, you accomplish tasks by finding things in each scene. This is deceptively difficult at times event though most things are right under your nose, more or less. You have tools, such as a brush and a shovel to help you find things, but it's still a bit of a challenge in places. Puzzles range from simple to challenging, but all enjoyable.

Music is repetitive, but nice. It's a relaxing journey through ancient lands that held my interest from beginning to end. I had a bit of an "oh, no!" moment at the end, but that sudden ending most definitely suggests a sequel to come. I was just a tad disappointed to be separated from my main objective, and look forward to the sequel so I can finish my quest, dog gone it!

TexasAnn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by TexasAnn on Feb 3, 12 1:39 PM
I found this game a lot of fun: even though there was a mysterious disappearance, it wasn't dark at all. I enjoyed the interaction amongst the characters. The beginning was simple, but it increased in difficulty as the game progressed. No hidden object junk piles, and it was easy to progress from one task to the next.

I knew I had to buy it when my heart hit bottom at the end of the demo.

Edited on 02/03/2012 at 1:40:18 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 4, 12 10:46 AM
I thought this would be a light, easy game and worth the price of a DD. I was wrong. The first part wasn't bad...but oh my. Silly, repetitious, boring, and frustrating. I'm almost to the end and I'm determined to finish it because I paid for it, but I may change my mind the next time I have to dust off/break 15 objects and the stupid brush/hammer goes back to inventory after each one! This wasn't even worth the price of a DD.

meridi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by meridi on Feb 11, 12 6:31 AM
I totally love this game..The best I have played so far. There were a few dificulties and I had to refer to the walk through one time. The only thing that I did not like was the journal, slow to update and difficult to refer back to.

Over all the game was great....would love this game as one in a series. I am getting ready to go one another quest.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 17, 12 7:26 AM
Only made it for 15 min on the demo. Another really boring, slow game and tedious to boot. Not a buy for me. That's two in a row....not my day for picking winners!

[Post New]by trim88 on Feb 19, 12 8:54 PM
Sorry, Wasn't too impressed with this game.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 27, 12 7:45 PM
Follow-up from 2/15 post:
I found this game to be very irritating and tedious. I had to turn off the curser and use the system curser because it was so big and annoying. Sometimes the areas to find things worked and other times not...very frustrating game. The hint button was not all that helpful. Glad I finished it, almost left it behind. For some reason I had started this demo and lasted only 15 before, but when it showed up for 2.99 I thought I would give it another try. Mini games are easy for the most part and unique, but the rest is click, click, click and the places stay active even though you have finished with them so you keep going back thinking there must be some else.

The tools do not allow you to multi task with them. If there are several objects to be "dusted" off, you have to do them one at a time....arrrrgh.

Too much dialog and silly to boot. Sorry, this is a 2 for me.

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 7:46:58 PM PST

Very Good Game

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Mar 1, 12 10:28 AM
You don't usually see reviews split down the middle as they are here. Some people love the game and some people hate it. I thought it was a very good game. I just bought it, so I got the newer version and there were no technical issues or bugs at all.

My take on it is that this game is very much different from many of the offerings here. I noted some people who only played the demo said it's the same old thing. Not for me it wasn't. This game is a refreshing change of pace from most of the games here. It's very different, but different in a good way. It is more of an Adventure game, which is what I like. You had to find objects, but it wasn't a typical HOS game, where you zoom in on a junk pile and have to find objects on a list. All the objects you have to find are in the scenes themselves. You usually have to find numerous instances of the same object, such as 10 stones. Also, the game was not too easy for me and I'm a hard core gamer. I had trouble finding some of the items and figuring some of the things out. If anything, this game is more for seasoned gamers, but I think all skill levels would enjoy it.

Besides being different, the game was very clever and there were tons of varied tasks. There was always something to do and there is also an excellent task list to the left of your inventory. There were also many enjoyable puzzles with just the right level of difficulty. The hint and skip buttons recharged quickly and hints were available for everything. I even liked the music and the sound effects and graphics were great. The only thing it was missing was voice overs.

However, the game was not perfect and I agree with bessiegirl about 2 things. Yes, it was annoying that the zoom-in scenes still allowed you to zoom-in on them even when there was nothing left to do. And yes, it was annoying that when you use one of the 3 tools you always have (brush, hammer, and shovel), if you have to dust off 6 things, for example, the duster goes back to your tool box after you dust each item, instead of allowing you to dust all 6 items one after the other.

There are 5 chapters in 5 locales and when you finish one you move on to the next. The game was also very long and it's not a CE. I played the game in 3 sessions and it took me over 10 hours to finish it. Well worth the money.

There was never a dull moment with this game. I recommend this game and give it 2 thumbs up . I rate this game an 8.5 out of 10.

Edited on 03/01/2012 at 10:56:56 AM PST

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Mar 15, 12 8:11 PM
I am three parts into the game. I find it relaxing and such a change to what has been offered lately.
The puzzles are not to hard. The graphics are clear and easy to see. Music at times just about drove me potty especially the Egypt one.
Experts mind find it to easy for them but for people like me who like to take their time and just puddle along this is great

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Mar 28, 12 6:58 PM
Good game. Nice puzzles and hidden objects scenes. A must play.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Apr 12, 12 8:53 AM
I just entered the third "world" and I have to quit for awhile. For some reason I find this game tedious and somewhat boring. I can only enjoy it for short periods. But when I do play, it is fun. Like I said, I'm only just entering the third part and I have been playing the game for about three weeks!!! The heroine is driving me nuts with that stupid brush. She must have OCD or something. And how in the world do you BRUSH OFF!! entire pyramids!!?? I know its only a game, but come on! I will finish this game eventually, I'm sure and when I do, I'll complete my review. I do like not having the same old HOS and the general storyline is O.K.

feenix

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on May 3, 12 6:26 PM
OK, here's my review of Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest:

Options: Offered were Sound, Music, Full Screen & Custom Cursor. Game modes were Normal or Advanced. I played Advanced which still had hints available, but much slower.

Graphics: Colors & scenes were colorful and bright. Cutscenes were about as basic as I've seen them, but acceptable for this game.

Voices/Sounds/Music: Voice-overs were good, tho plentiful, sounds were borderline, but I wasn't too happy with the music. Each new place that you explore had its own musical theme, but because the game lasted as long as it did, the music became very repetitive & I did something I've not done in a long time - I turned the music off after entering each new area.

Minis/HOGs: There was really only mini-games available - no true HOG games which was ok with me. You still have to find items, but not in the junkpiles that seem to be thrown at us lately. I liked the difference.

Game Overall: I noticed a couple things while reading over previous reviews. First, there was a real love/hate relationship with this game, and second, I was amazed at the enormous amounts of new discussion groups in this forum - up to 8 pages worth when I wrote this review. Both observations peaked my interest enough to decide to buy this game. Altho, once again, I noticed the majority of fishies who didn't like the game had only played the demo version. (It would be nice for those of us who want reviews about the entire game if demo players could flag their comments in the very beginning that they only played the demo.) Like other fishes who played all the way thru, I would like the Devs to know that once a zoom-in scene has nothing more to offer that it should be closed permanently so that gamers aren't constantly wasting their time checking & rechecking to see if they've missed something, plus I didn't like my brush, hammer or shovel whisked away from me every time one item was uncovered if there were 6 or 7 more items left to go. Otherwise, I would say the game was different & worth my time to finish it, even tho it was well over 8 hours!

Recommendation: Definitely for those looking for a bright, cheery game with a little tongue-in-cheek humor, altho not exactly historically correct.

Out of 5 stars, I give this one:

Go to: