Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White

[Post New]by wench101 on Sep 18, 10 8:29 AM
Good game, got through it without any problems....my only dislike was the ending....

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Sep 18, 10 9:01 AM
would be a good game
if it wernt for so many bugs in it
please fix BF

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Sep 18, 10 9:12 AM
Nice, above average HOG!
I had no tech issues, even though my PC is old and not really powerful enough for some games.

Edited on 09/18/2010 at 9:13:27 AM PST

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on Sep 18, 10 10:42 AM
i finally got all the way to the attic w/o much of a problem[besides having to start from the beginning when i logged off comp. last night], but now i am in the hidden object scene to the attic, and they ask to find a trophy, and i used the hint,and it is circling something to right by a chair back[i think thats what it is], and there is nothing that even comes close to looking like a trophy,i clicked on everything around there and nothing. am i just not seeing it or is there nothing there? PLEASE HELP!!!

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Sep 18, 10 11:05 AM

I so agree - same positives and negatives and this is also a buy for me

_Angel_angel wrote:
Just my cup of tea.

Running around gathering up my stuff to get my chores done so I can play/paint.

Graphics are wonderful.

Music is fine.

Sound effects are VERY annoying! First time I have ever gone in and adjusted sound to lower than music. Dramatic sounds when putting a key in a door? Not really needed.

The older sister seems more creepy than the 'Woman in White' LOL

This is a buy for me.

Angel

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Sep 18, 10 12:21 PM
crappy. hint does not work, stuff can be hard to find, voice overs ok, graphics (when the voice overs happen) ok. freaking spiraling cursor when "over clicking" drives me nuts. 5 minutes, uninstall.

deeno2
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by deeno2 on Sep 18, 10 1:00 PM
At the risk of ticking some of you off...you have to stop complaining about issues that have nothing to do with the actual game,,,the game runs fine, the cursor works fine, the hint system is fine...if you don't know what objects are, such as mane...the picture of the lion with it's mane is accurate...a cutlass is a sword....don't get angry with the game...

This game is well done and easier than some others that have come out...just give yourselves time to look around and find things and it will all make sense...it's really a well done game...

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Sep 18, 10 1:39 PM

This game is a simplified retelling of Wilkie Collins' classic novel. He's credited with being the first writer of modern-style mystery novels. I played with the music and voices turned off, as I usually do: it reduces the annoyance factor. It would be nice if one could jump through the talking scenes by clicking, as one can in some other games.I only needed hints a couple of times, the items are fairly easy to find. The puzzles had some variety, which is nice. Some objects need to be clicked a couple of times in slightly different spots, which is a bit of a pain, but on the whole it's a pretty good game.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 18, 10 1:49 PM
Very disappointing. After reading the reviews, and playing the demo, I bought the game. Thanks goodness I had a credit. Much too easy. I'm still a novice at adventure games, but even in the Expert mode, I had no problem in getting through the game in a couple of hours. The hidden object scenes were easy, the puzzles were easy, and there really wasn't much of a challenge in figuring out what to do next. The music was great, as were the graphics. That's about the only two good things I can say about the game. I'm surprised at all the positive reviews from experienced gamers! In my opinion, don't waste your money.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 18, 10 1:57 PM
Sorry, I know it's listed as a Hidden Object game, but I don't think that's appropriate.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Sep 18, 10 3:03 PM
Very straightforward HOG but of good quality, just a shame it was a bit on the short side. The game play is not difficult in fact rather simplistic which probably did nothing for the game time overall. The story was good but then it was just created from a storyboard and was base on an actual novel... good stories always makes a difference.
Did have a problem loading the game and did not get to play until I had installed it for the third time. The shortness is the only detractor for me.. but certainly worth playing.

gamedancer
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

can't get game to work

[Post New]by gamedancer on Sep 18, 10 3:11 PM
I have installed and uninstalled twice and can't play the game. Starts and after the big fish page it goes black and goes back to the game manager page. Any one can help will be happy. I know I will like this game and want to buy it. But got to work first.

Edited on 09/18/2010 at 3:12:22 PM PST

209CJ
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by 209CJ on Sep 18, 10 4:21 PM
So far have only played first 30 min of demo but loved it and purchased it!

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Sep 18, 10 6:26 PM
Really enjoyed the demo, was what I was hoping the Moonstone would be (my eyesight isn't good enough for that one). I found it annoying not to know what I was supposed to do next, but I figured it out anyway. No glitches up to the point of talking to the sister upstairs, which is all the further I got. Maybe not a "great" game, but certainly seems a good one. I'll buy it when I get a credit or it's a DD. Now I'm off to read the novels, I've never read this one.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Sep 18, 10 6:30 PM
I liked the game, and had no problems with it at all. But the Secrets unlocked and you can't play them? Was this a CE originally? Just wondered,

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 18, 10 7:26 PM
Nice graphics. The hidden objects are fun and challenging. The storyline is interesting and complex. This game is engaging. Gameplay flows with the story.

It's an A+.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 18, 10 7:51 PM
This is perhaps a game that you might want to play when you're feeling a bit melancholy and just need a moody surrounding. The music will get you there, but the cursor won't (game cursor only, no system choice). The graphics are wonderful, as is the story line, and the scripting is really good. The hidden-object choices are for the most part time-realistic, but don't click too often randomly or you might get dizzy. The bits of voice-overs in the beginning are well done, as is the opening menu and screen intro. This is quite a good choice for adventure/hidden object gamers (like myself) who don't mind spending an evening with a good tale. Four stars.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Sep 18, 10 10:05 PM
I just had to put this comment in. I started the game, and thought, this looks nice - not the very best artwork, but it looks atmospheric, like it would have a nice story, etc.

After five minutes of play I deleted it. Why? The most obnoxious whirling pointer I've seen in all my HOG gameplay. After 4 or 5 clicks the thing starts going wildly around the screen - intensely irritating and hard on the eyes.

I thought, why even get started. If I'm this aggravated with the pointer five minutes into the game, in an hour or two I'll be berserk. Out it goes.

[Post New]by pinkpetunias on Sep 18, 10 10:34 PM
Worst game ever!!!! I had to reinstall twice and I still had issues. Don't buy it. It is a waste of time and money!!!! Big Fish blew it this time!

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Sep 19, 10 12:04 AM
Unfortuantely, I bought the game before the bugs started showing up, i.e. hint not working and game refusing to save your progress. At a fishies suggestion in the forums, I deleted the game, reinstalled it, created another profile and started over. That fixed the problem with the game running but the real disappointment was how short the game was. It seemed to me that the run time wasn't much more than half your average HOG. Story was okay, graphics okay but because the game was so short, I just felt cheated. Phhtttttttt on this game!

Go to: