sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Post any Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White technical issues here only

[Post New]by sigrid1 on Sep 20, 10 4:26 PM
Okay, this is weird.....LOL. It wouldn't work for me yesterday. But I took a chance and started it this morning and it worked. Nothing has disappeared yet, so I'm going to get it. Lord, I hope I'm not sorry I did this......

[Post New]by rescuecat on Sep 20, 10 5:06 PM
I can't get out of the graveyard,click and click--nothing! We pay for these games and we can't even play them all the way through,what a waste not to mention the
AGGRAVATION!!!!
This is happening all to often and makes me cautious about buying games,this is suppose to be FUN---NOT!!

Blackrock
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Blackrock on Sep 20, 10 5:28 PM
I'm stuck in the graveyard too. Click on the gate and nothing happens. Just tells me that there's nothing else to do. Can go back to the previous scenes, but big deal, I don't need to go there. What's the deal with Big Fish? First the Big Sea games were shut down and now it seems so many people are having trouble with the games running right. When I purchase a game, I expect it to run right and not have to contact customer support or run the Dr. Felix thing. If my computer was at fault, the game wouldn't have run at all. It was a good game up until it just decided not to run. BigFish needs to reimburse everyone who purchased this game and can't play it with a game credit.

auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by auntym on Sep 20, 10 6:02 PM
Was working on the labyrinth puzzle when I closed game. When I opened later I was back at the beginning . My journal was up to date I still had the wing and hammer in inventory, but no way to use them since I had completed all rooms in the house.

Edited on 09/20/2010 at 6:03:07 PM PST

[Post New]by disgruntled on Sep 20, 10 6:50 PM
I bought the game yesterday, got as far as making the fishing reel. I have not been
able to get any farther. Can't get to anywhere else but the lake!! This stinks! If I quit the game I need to start all over from scratch! I've re-installed four times and no luck!
What do I do with this game now??

Edited on 09/20/2010 at 6:52:48 PM PST

[Post New]by disgruntled on Sep 20, 10 6:57 PM
rescuecat wrote:I can't get out of the graveyard,click and click--nothing! We pay for these games and we can't even play them all the way through,what a waste not to mention the
AGGRAVATION!!!!
This is happening all to often and makes me cautious about buying games,this is suppose to be FUN---NOT!!
I can't even get as far as the cemetary! I can only
get to the lake and the pump! What can we do about this game?

[Post New]by disgruntled on Sep 20, 10 7:03 PM
Blackrock wrote:I'm stuck in the graveyard too. Click on the gate and nothing happens. Just tells me that there's nothing else to do. Can go back to the previous scenes, but big deal, I don't need to go there. What's the deal with Big Fish? First the Big Sea games were shut down and now it seems so many people are having trouble with the games running right. When I purchase a game, I expect it to run right and not have to contact customer support or run the Dr. Felix thing. If my computer was at fault, the game wouldn't have run at all. It was a good game up until it just decided not to run. BigFish needs to reimburse everyone who purchased this game and can't play it with a game credit.
I can't even get as far as the graveyard! What do we do in a case like this where we threw money away on a game we can't play or finish?

[Post New]by mrs82nd on Sep 20, 10 7:52 PM
I just tried to send a message with the Dr. Felix attached, but there is nowhere to "submit" and the button on the bottom that says "check for answers" does NOTHING! I can't even contact BGF. What the heck?

walnut278
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by walnut278 on Sep 20, 10 9:01 PM
the clock ate my hammer. now what?

[Post New]by charlydan on Sep 20, 10 9:10 PM
I just can't go anywhere else! I have been as far as the lake and the fishing game, but I made the mistake of logging out and now I get back only to the scenes that I have completely finished. I contacted Customer Support several days ago and as of yet have heard nothing from them. I have had trouble with several games in the past few weeks.

jscrafts
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by jscrafts on Sep 20, 10 10:15 PM
I did a DrFelix diagnostics and when I tried to send it to support, all it did was sit there and would not advance to the next page. After wards, I had problems with my computer, couldn't delete the files that the program created, and had to shut my computer down the hard way. Several times upon restarting my computer, it would run a diskcheck, over and over. That was last night. This morning when I turned my computer on, again it ran the diskcheck, completed it this time and I was finally able to delete the files the drFelix program put on my desktop. I think I'm going to go and look for another site for downloading these games. BG games are getting to ify.

edgery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by edgery on Sep 20, 10 10:41 PM
ever since downloading this game, I've had nothing but trouble with the Game Manager. The game downloads but hangs up in the "Installing" phase. I've deleted and redownloaded; same result. I've deleted the Game Manager and reinstalled; same result. I. Hate. The. Mac. Game. Manager. Ever since getting this thing, nothing but one issue after another. I've decided it's time to break the game habit. I'll check back periodically to see if things are better, but until it is - I'm done!

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 20, 10 10:45 PM
walnut278 wrote:the clock ate my hammer. now what?

This happened to many of us and I'm afraid we are out of luck. I tried to contact CS via email, but it only gives 3 options for tech problems and the disappearing hammer doesn't fall within any of the 3 categories. It's not freezing, not getting a particular error message, etc.

I'm assumming you made it to the area you need the hammer to knock out the brittle concrete wall block on your way to the asylum? Many of us made it to that point and can't go any further. I'm furious...."so close, but no cigar" so to speak.

[Post New]by absintheoflight on Sep 20, 10 10:55 PM
I don't know if each of these posts are being read, but just in case:

I have the DrFelix file created. However when I attempt to send it in via the customer support page, I am told that the file is too big. When I attempt to send an email via the customer support page without the DrFelix file, nothing happens. I click the 'check for answers' and it just sits on the page and doesn't do anything. I have tried this in both FireFox and IE.

My issue with this game is similar to others, where I cannot get past the BigFish splash screen. The game just closes with no warnings or errors.

If I could be given a way to contact support, that would be helpful.

pkrh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pkrh on Sep 20, 10 11:31 PM
The clock ate my screwdriver. And I have yet to run across an owl that someone else lost in the clock! Will keep trying, but think I am stuck.

[Post New]by ladydee1967 on Sep 21, 10 1:07 AM
Okay I will do as you suggest...do a Dr Felix report...only thing Im concerned about is it showing nothing! I was having the same problem a lot of people are having.. game closes after the BF logo. When I got home from work yesterday decided to see if it was still happening before I sent an email...game loaded fine so this am I decided to get up a little earlier to play...guess what happened...yep cant get past the damn BF logo AGAIN!
Has anyone had a resolution to this issue? I used a game credit for this game and cant really afford to buy another game this week.
GRRRRRRR

[Post New]by disgruntled on Sep 21, 10 1:36 AM
[/b]This turned out to be very good! At first 4 attempts I
couldn't get anywhere but I played the EXPERT version and it is very GOOD. I
would say it's as good DIRE GROVE! Goodluck to ALL.

Edited on 09/21/2010 at 1:36:51 AM PST

[Post New]by carladonna on Sep 21, 10 6:10 AM
Had trouble getting the game to start at first. Then I updated my drivers and the game loaded just fine. However, I am stuck in the graveyard. Have done everything there is to do and cannot walk through the gate. The arrow just blinks when I click on it and I cannot go back any further than the yard in front of the chapel. I feel like I'm living in limbo in this game.

raymaru
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by raymaru on Sep 21, 10 8:26 AM
I have not had any difficulties playing this game right up to the point where the hook that I need to pull down the attic steps just disappeared from my inventory. I see no alternative but to start all over again and here I am close to the end. I am not happy.

raymaru
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by raymaru on Sep 21, 10 8:29 AM
pkrh wrote:The clock ate my screwdriver. And I have yet to run across an owl that someone else lost in the clock! Will keep trying, but think I am stuck.

That is exactly what happened to me, only I not only lost the screwdriver, but the hook as well. I'm a slow learner, I guess.

Go to: