care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Goddess Chronicles

[Post New]by care___916 on Sep 26, 10 10:57 AM
Thank you amj0963 for posting your review and mentioning it is a FROG!!!

Frogs are not for me.

Have a good gaming day

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 27, 10 3:47 AM
OK, I got 26 minutes left to find Pan's flute and been to the "practice room" about 5 times and back for misclicks trying to open a crate the stupid hints keep showing me it's in there. Yeh I know. Can't find a crowbar or hammer, maybe pick up a stone to crash on it. Who knows without a walkthrough?

Most items are clear and colorful to see, and it looked so much like Samantha Smith, even the opening she's flying there to the opening scene. I've got a good eye for seeing those cartoon drawings but it even takes risky clicking to move things to uncover objects and back to square one butterfly lessons and eggs. I'm not running out the clock on demo for just one move so I quit.

I didn't get any dev's name after BF logo, long time black screen some thought wouldn't open. Waited it out and it was just a very longgggg load with no gauge to know it is loading. In fact the whole game loaded so slow I thought there was a problem, first time told me to wait and come back. Sunday night traffic? But on exiting I did catch the name on copyright, Gamebrains, so googled and hoped for help on their site. Was I surprised!! these are not new on the block, husband and wife team in Malasia. No mention of Samantha but maybe hired same illustrator. Mostly make TM games, JoJo and others, JewelQuest Mysteries or something AND ONE OF MY FAVORITE HOGS VALERIE PORTER Scarlet Scandal. What I LOVED about that one was it was so much fun, a good story to follow and new features, guessing word games that fit with the stories, little "tests" to see you are paying attention to the story.

So, maybe since that was a hit came the idea of the practice room that got annoying. No, it's clicking trying to uncover objects that was most annoying. Several had gears, even tried an oar to pry open that crate. So for adventure players who like clickoramas there shouldn't be click penalties should there? There is a msg box to write the dev or comment, I didn't yet but if no walkthrough (none on GZ either) maybe I'l ask how the heck do I get the pan flute out of the crate and what's the point of earning hints if they don't help you. I guess we could all just storm their message box for missing items? Or ask for a patch removing those stupid penalties. Nice it isn't timed, but the demo is so not using my next 26 min on same problem.

I too dislike FROGS and don't buy them. But having a look see, these are mostly big enough, maybe just 2 or 3 needed for a finished item, but

[Post New]by searanchlady on Oct 2, 10 5:59 PM
I really wanted to like this game but I didn't. Frankly, it irritated me so much the first few minutes I sent it to the garbage can. I love hidden object and really enjoyed the new James Patterson game but this one just sucked.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Oct 7, 10 7:22 PM
I have been reading some of the posting & I thinkyou people don't get it. If we could vote then I would all of you out you just don't listen. Your don't read the posted items or you would have fix the problem with this game. I won't think it would take over a week to get a walkthrough

i have just finish the game without a walkthrough. It ends in a funny place. Is there going to be another chapter.

To all other people who are having trouble with the game you have to have a lot of patience.

Edited on 04/09/2011 at 4:51:58 PM PST

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Oct 9, 10 11:44 PM
I thought this game was terrific. Nice and long, and not one of the easier HOGs I have played. You really had to look for objects. I admit I did not like the punishment room either, but they have to put in little quirks to make it interesting. Where is everone's sense of humor? I enjoy cartoons, guess that is my inner child as I am 71. So relax, it's a game If you don't like it, trash it. But don't act like it is the end of the world. Have fun! There are plenty of games to choose from.

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on Oct 12, 10 9:13 AM
I really like this game! it's different and a bit of a challenge. The mini games are easy, but that's a nice break from the **** scenes. You can't just ramdomly click, but the hints are available. Some of the steps to get all the **** require some thought. **** range from finding the complete object to finding all the parts and also looking behind things. On my "buy" list.

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on Oct 12, 10 9:13 AM
I really like this game! it's different and a bit of a challenge. The mini games are easy, but that's a nice break from the **** scenes. You can't just ramdomly click, but the hints are available. Some of the steps to get all the **** require some thought. **** range from finding the complete object to finding all the parts and also looking behind things. On my "buy" list.

[Post New]by Arespooch on Oct 14, 10 10:15 PM
Well, I owned the game for two weeks before I played it, but I'm enjoying it. I find the fact that the objects are broken up into pieces a nice twist - I'm dyslexic and it adds a dimension that maybe most of the rest of you don't experience.

The time-out room can be annoying, but the same issues apply there as well. I sometimes have problems finding things in there, and nothing ever moves. How pathetic is that!

As a history and mythology buff its kind of fun to wander through the halls of someone's idea of mythology as tied together through the game. It does make me review all the stuff I learned through nine years of classical languages in school, at least. Thanks for that. I know my high school Latin teacher thanks you.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 22, 10 6:49 AM
As I mentioned in another thread, I played the demo a month ago, but didn't buy it because of that message coming up and because you get sent into that room if you click wrong items.

However, because I have only played for half an hour that time, I thought I'd give this game another try (seeing that I love the graphics), and guess what? The message no longer comes up when you click on the wrong things, only the screen shakes a little.
Also, I clicked on about 10 wrong things on purpose, to see if anything will happen, but neither did a message come up, nor was I sent to this training room or whatever room it is.

So they must have redone the game in the meantime, although it's not been posted here. Anyway, for those who already have it installed, might be worth it to uninstall and reinstall the game to get that newer version.

Anyway, this is now a definite buy for me.

[Post New]by SoMuchFun on Nov 15, 10 7:35 PM
When I see the sparkles around a subject and click, three little circles with icons inside appear. Do I click on one of the circles within the sparkles? Nothing works and I get a message that "that won't work." Please help before I go crazier.

[Post New]by Jessie88220 on Nov 30, 10 7:59 AM
SoMuchFun wrote:When I see the sparkles around a subject and click, three little circles with icons inside appear. Do I click on one of the circles within the sparkles? Nothing works and I get a message that "that won't work." Please help before I go crazier.[/quote

The circle icons are actually your "gifts" that you have earned. The first one is to break stone, the second wind, etc. When this icon appears you choose which one of your gifts to use (click on the chosen icon) and that action will happen. If you have specific questions, I would be willing to help.

[Post New]by Jessie88220 on Nov 30, 10 8:06 AM
Valdy wrote:As I mentioned in another thread, I played the demo a month ago, but didn't buy it because of that message coming up and because you get sent into that room if you click wrong items.

However, because I have only played for half an hour that time, I thought I'd give this game another try (seeing that I love the graphics), and guess what? The message no longer comes up when you click on the wrong things, only the screen shakes a little.
Also, I clicked on about 10 wrong things on purpose, to see if anything will happen, but neither did a message come up, nor was I sent to this training room or whatever room it is.

So they must have redone the game in the meantime, although it's not been posted here. Anyway, for those who already have it installed, might be worth it to uninstall and reinstall the game to get that newer version.

Anyway, this is now a definite buy for me.

Check your credits page and you will see that the version now being played is 1.1. It corrects the "3 clicks, go to the punishment room". The screen only shakes now. If anybody has specific questions about the game, I would be willing to help.

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 8:11:10 AM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 9, 11 11:45 AM
Absolutely ridiculous! A penalty box? Being penalized for EVERY SINGLE WRONG CLICK and being sent to my room like a little kid. I'm not a child, and I don't appreciate being treated like one--especially since, thanks to the medication I take, my hands tend to shake. It's a slight tremor--but it's enough to screw up clicks of the mouse on occasion.

The fact that many of the items look like one another doesn't help. Oh, and if you don't click on precisely the right area of an item, the game, again, will punish you. This is particularly nasty when the item in question is 90% behind something else.

Finally, there's no help button. So if you find all the hidden objects in a room and you still can't get out, there's no button that you can click on to discover what the game wants you to do under these circumstances.

BRG has many excellent games. This is not one of them.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 9, 11 11:45 AM
Absolutely ridiculous! A penalty box? Being penalized for EVERY SINGLE WRONG CLICK and being sent to my room like a little kid. I'm not a child, and I don't appreciate being treated like one--especially since, thanks to the medication I take, my hands tend to shake. It's a slight tremor--but it's enough to screw up clicks of the mouse on occasion.

The fact that many of the items look like one another doesn't help. Oh, and if you don't click on precisely the right area of an item, the game, again, will punish you. This is particularly nasty when the item in question is 90% behind something else.

Finally, there's no help button. So if you find all the hidden objects in a room and you still can't get out, there's no button that you can click on to discover what the game wants you to do under these circumstances.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 9, 11 11:46 AM

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Dec 11, 11 7:11 PM
I was so excited to see that the devs listened and made the penalty room optional. But the screen still shakes and the hints aren't helpful. The worst part though is that they programmed it so only a very small part of the object is actually clickable. So say there's a disc to find that is partially hidden behind something else... so the disc shows through on the bottom, in the middle and on the top BUT you can click the middle or bottom and nothing... you have to hit the exact pixel the devs want you to click on in order for the game to register that you clicked on the right item. What I'd like to know is are the devs being sent to a time out room for sloppy programming?

Anyway... I really really want to buy this game... I LOVE the hand-drawn graphics and the colors and I really enjoyed all the mini-games I came across. But now I'm still in the first room and there's a piece hidden behind (or in) a crate/box... a click of the hint says the item is in the box... gee really? I didn't know that. :rolls eyes: and I'm running my curser over everything and even clicking on potential things that could be used to open the box and putting up with the shaking screen and warnings about the penalty room... but nothing. No idea how to get the box open.

Items too tiny/hard to find combined with impossible tasks like opening the box... So I guess this is a no buy.

[Post New]by vampxchick93 on Jan 8, 13 2:47 PM
really easy game. finished it in an hour and a half or so. It was kinda cool.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 2, 13 11:53 PM
jawfish wrote:I don't like hand drawn graphics either, tried to like this game but it's just terrible. I hate it when the screen shakes after a misclick and the punishment room is just stupid.

Ditto.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Oct 6, 13 11:09 AM
There's a sale on, plus I have several free credits that are going to expire, so thought I'd check out the "Top Rated" list for some SE games, perhaps older games that I overlooked the first time. This piece of garbage is on that list!!
How in the world does it get on the "all time top rated" list? Mumbled voiceovers with no captions, shaking screen, pixel hunting...this stuff was annoying/outdated 8 years ago, let alone 3.
I actually like a lot of older games, so it's not that it's older. I still play some Nintendo RPG's from the 90's. I don't care about achievements and whizbang cutscenes and voice acting and strategy guides. I just want the game to play smoothly, work logically and be fun. This is none of the three.
I have just earned my first power and have no idea how to use it. I'm officially done. Actually, I'm overdone. Not wasting any more of my Sunday on this.

Go to: