Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight ®

[Post New]by Shastanna on Oct 24, 10 4:08 PM
Wow. This is my favorite game ever. (for now, lol)

The artwork is amazing and so clever.

I do have to admit that I had to skip 2 puzzles. I tried, for over an hour each and got so close, but I guess they were just beyond me.

It's a challenging game with gorgeous artwork, beautiful music, and minimal voices. Love it.

[Post New]by unagiYumYum on Oct 26, 10 8:51 AM
Finished the game over the weekend. Absolutely great. The "water colouring" puzzle was a breath of fresh new air whereas other games have similar puzzles. Very innovative, very simple, lots of fun.

[Post New]by specialkj29 on Oct 26, 10 2:35 PM
i love this game and the painted tower. i did think it was too short. i think the puzzles are a little too complex. it takes too long to complete them. but over all it was really good. cant wait for the next one.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Oct 26, 10 6:54 PM
Wow ... where to start?

Whether you are considering buying the CE or the standard version, every single penny you will pay is worth it.

First off, some people that are new to iHOGs might be intimidated by this game. It's not exactly easy and not completely linear in design, i.e. you must complete A before you can move on to B. That being said, it's easy to find your way because the hint system has no timer and is very exact with clues. In addition, there is a detailed walk-through if you find yourself well and truly stuck. Give this one a try if you haven't already; it's well worth it!

As far as game play, I loved both games in the Drawn series simply because they are not quite as linear as a lot of these games are. For instance, you can collect items "out of order", partially finish puzzles when you might not have all the necessary items, etc. The game play is logical and the storyline wonderful. You will get many, many hours of fun from these games. Drawn is best enjoyed when you have time to really sit and play without rushing. In addition to the hint system, the game has built in clues; read EVERYTHING. Listen to everything. What you need to do next is usually right there in front of you so do not rush through these games or you might find yourself lost and just going through the motions of playing. The storyline is so wonderful and the voice acting so correct and good, you'll find yourself "drawn" into the story (and the game)... pun intended

The graphics are far above the norm for games in this genre. The musical score is awesome. I wouldn't mind being able to download the soundtrack The music is varied and not repetitive and fits well with the current scene.

The mini-games vary from fairly straight forward to insanely difficult. All of them are interesting and if you truly cannot solve a mini-game, again there is a blog walk-through or simply opt to "skip" the game with no penalty.

The voice acting is far above what one would expect from a $6.99 download-able game. These are two of the handful of games that I actually enjoyed listening to the narrator.

I had no issues at all with downloading or playing the game. There are loading screens but they only take a few seconds at most. Not to mention, you can enjoy the beautiful soundtrack while your screen is loading

Many kudos to BFG who actually developed this game. Well done! I cannot wait for the next installment!

[Post New]by ertemucha on Oct 27, 10 3:08 PM
I like the game, but think they go a little overboard with some of the puzzles. How many times can you shoot flames before the lantren lights? And why, why why!?! would the idea of that drifting cursor appeal to anyone. It just frustrates me. I am stuck trying to light the last lantren and my arm muscles hurt. So, later, when I am over being frustrated, I will try again. But obviously, there is a next chapter. Hopefully, they will skip the drifting cursor and make some of the puzzles just a bit quicker to solve.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Oct 29, 10 9:24 PM
I seem to be the only one who did not find this game appealing, I think;-

1. Its relying on the success of the first game, when it has to sell litself too, for people to want to play the first one.
2. I was not engaged into playing this game,
3. The storyline was good, but the gameplay was boring that I couldn't care to follow it through,
4. i tried, thinking that i may be engaged later, but was not, no matter what I had done, it did not feel interesting, that I really achieved anything in "playing a game", someone has commented it felt like a movie,then it would have to be a still movie. The game may be long (I' don't know), but during the demo, it felt like that again so little has happened, even though there were a few things to do.
5. Adding hidden objects would be a good idea,
6. It just felt stretched, boring, not engaged, I was detached from the game from the start. There are differences between the first game to this one, the first room the foyer area was interesting with a few things to look at, and you wanted to know what was beyond that room, it was intresting, but when we started with a bell on the floor, it was plain boring, and then there were the lion statues, the jail, they didn't seem to follow and I just found myself playing for the sake of playing but not enjoying, into the game. Even though the game scenery is cold, the game play wasn't engaging it made the game even more boring, detaching.
7. I actually thought they we were going to start by wandering the streets, which would have been interesting, seeing the city.
8. There is nothing wrong with the graphics, but its not enough to play when it is not engaging enough, maybe its harder when they have a "colder" feel to the game, and to have a boring scenary-of course its hard to get well me to be engaged as others liked it. There should have been more to the walls etc, the scenes just felt empty, the first one got away with it, as it flowed to going upto the tower, so we were busy being engaged to go up, and for example in the foyer had more stuff to look at, and even if you didn't you were engaged and going with the flow. I think we were all over the place.
9. I don't know even if I could put this game on my "Maybe" list, which I myself was not expecting, if I was so bored there are others games that I would consider playing.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 8, 10 6:38 PM
Overall it was good but..

I loved the first drawn game, so unique. I didn't need a walkthrough with the first game, I did with this one.

the 1st game was obvious were to go, and you just had to remember when you collected things were to go back to.
This game wasn't obvious which route to go first.

the 1st game had loads more interactive drawings, this one didn't.
this had harder, some even torturous, kept in it longer drawings. I get there had to be some level of getting harder to progress from the first game, but not this way.

There were good puzzles (underwater painting) but also annoying one - the book which you had to catch the correspoding symbols.
I had to skip that one, as even after I completely understood the game , it was near impossible to get. I tried doing different systems with it (only catching the correct symbols, then every other one, then all of it)
I personally hate puzzles after understanding all of it, and the objective and pitfalls etc, when it's not logical the outcome. The painting face was very hard but it was logical.

I prefered the loads of different paintings in the 1st game, this one had the same kind of repitiitive pop up cardboard that I don't like.

The bottom line is the 1st game was brilliant and this though good, didn't come near to being a worthy sequel.

Hope the next one is better. More, different paintings!

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 6:40:00 PM PST

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Nov 9, 10 11:55 AM
Stopped and took a break - and read the reviews. I'm finding the puzzles VERY tough - the beacon one drove me nuts! I finally got all the symbols where they had to be, then the circle wasn't right. If I got it right, the symbols were off. Finally skipped after 45 minutes or so - a complete no-no for me - I never skip puzzles. Now I'm on the candle one.
I like these games because of the graphics and moving around looking for stuff, plus it's just a beautiful game. Fun. But please back off on the puzzles! Most people skipped them, from what I've read. I like a challenge, but these bordered on ridiculous. Anyhow - still like the game, and for those who finished in 2 hours - I can't believe you actually did the puzzles.

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Nov 9, 10 5:00 PM
great game! I liked the first game but this one is even better! my kind of game where some parts are easy to follow and solve while others are very difficult. I like the in game advice given to help you along. I did have to go to the walkthrough a few times though. Great game BF!

janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by janet070 on Nov 12, 10 6:47 PM
Are these games possible for anyone to play without using the walkthrough? Everytime My grandsons see me reading the walkthrough they tell me I am cheating.

I loved both Drawn games and can't wait until for the next one. They are both beautiful.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Nov 14, 10 12:23 AM
I am finding the game rather frustrating. I cannot seem to get that teeny tiny net to work. I got the red books finally only to find out I had to use it again at the backdrop. Through sheer luck, I managed to capture spring and summer but now the fall leaf is proving impossible. I have already spent a good 15 minutes trying to catch it and I am getting more and more annoyed each minute. I may actually not finish the game over this which is even more upsetting than the stupid net.

Update: December 6th. Still cannot catch the fall leaf with the stupid net. This game was pretty but stupid things like this make it a waste of money. I am uninstalling the game and saying good riddance. I won't buy another Drawn that is for sure.

Edited on 12/06/2010 at 3:50:35 AM PST

[Post New]by chondrycthes on Nov 14, 10 7:12 PM
Don't waste your money on this one....there's no logic to it and it looks as if it was drawn by mental patients.

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Nov 21, 10 1:11 PM
Just finished! Loved all the puzzles except the poster one was a bit frustrating, had to skip it. The queen puzzle about drove me nuts but I stuck with it until I was successful.
Wished it would have been a wee bit longer and all the story at the end seemed drawn out ( no pun intended)

Loved the ability to play in another language!

[Post New]by silverme on Nov 25, 10 10:04 PM
Beautiful art work, lovely game. Rushed thru it to see more art! will play again and again. Thanks! Also just figured out this is part of a series. yippee!

[Post New]by rwatson2 on Nov 27, 10 8:55 PM
I am HATING this game!!! Can't figure out how to catch the books with the stupid net and there is no advice in the game to tell you what to do!! I think it's extremely frustrating!!

[Post New]by Rasenna611 on Nov 30, 10 7:45 PM
I loved it!!! The puzzles stumped me a few times so I did check the walkthrough. Franklin helps a LOT though. I absolutely ADORED the children's wing in the library, it was sooooo cute!!!! I got chillbumps at the last few scenes, LOL!! Really looking forward to the next one in this series!!!

Sara

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 7:48:48 PM PST

[Post New]by pootadoot on Dec 4, 10 11:17 AM
This game was FANTASTIC! The graphics, game play and story line were amazing! As for the length i did not think it was short at all. It took me a total of about 10 hours to finish. Cant wait for the next installment! WTG BigFish!

[Post New]by Bones21292 on Dec 8, 10 2:01 PM
Im doing multimedia in college and this game gives me loads of ideas!!! its amazing what is put together and it all mixes well! i love the art work and the music is beautiful. kudos to you !

OlegS
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by OlegS on Dec 10, 10 5:52 AM
Wonderfull game!

+ Amazing game atmosphere, graphics and music. Excelent plot.
- The game seemed a bit short. I like to play longer.

[Post New]by Dancingcrone on Dec 14, 10 1:53 PM
I give this game 10 out of 10. I love HOGs but get fed up with looking for irrelevant things such as lobsters and bowling balls - the things you have to look for in this game are what you need to progress. The storyline is really good and the graphics great. Can't ask for more.

Go to: