rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Incredible Adventures of my Mom

[Post New]by rainice on Oct 5, 10 4:54 AM
Maybe this isn't the most intriging, thought provoking, challenging game ever produced, but I unashamedly state," I like it". When I play games. it's to relax and escape from the everyday for a while, and although more complicated games can serve that purpose, as long as they're not too complicated, for me a simple game like this works best.. Yes, I know the story is far-fetched and the mini-games for the most part easy,( I'm terrible at repeat the sequence games), but why does everything have to be so serious all the time? Frankly I'd rather go through life with a smile rather than a frown and this game in just over an hour of play,( iused a punchcard credit to buy it) has given me several chuckles already.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Oct 5, 10 5:39 AM
I loved it! I bought it and have had a great time playing it. It's a bit quirky and I found it amusing. Nice change from all the "dark" HOGs we've been getting lately. Scenes are bright and colorful, the items are large enough you don't need a magnifying glass to find them. Hope there's a sequel!!

[Post New]by kangaroo555 on Oct 5, 10 8:22 AM
Nice little game when you need a break from thinking and just relax. Not up to Syberia standards, but cute.

Macazzar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Macazzar on Oct 5, 10 8:46 AM
I totally agree with general consensus it just didn't have a strong enough story to keep me interested. I only managed 10 minutes of the demo.

I think it would be great if BF incorporated a rating which accumulated so we could see overall how well received a game has been.

Peg067
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Peg067 on Oct 5, 10 9:08 AM
This game was terrible for me! Items wouldn't go together to complete tasks without using a hint, (that told me to place it EXACTLY where I was trying) and finally even the hint didn't help so I quit. One scene immediately awarded me the goal item as soon as it opened and jumped to the next scene without me even finding any of the objects listed. Too, too many glitches. That's a shame because I was enjoying the story and the meddling Mom character very much!

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Oct 5, 10 11:43 AM
It was stated that by posting so many negative reviews about a game might cause the "NEW FISHES" to the pond to be shy to post their reviews, if they DISAGREE with others. Everyone should feel free to post their reviews (of course within the BF FORUM RULES ). I look forward to reading the reviews on games before I buy. Especially when there are technical issues with a game. However, with this economy today, people appreciate getting a "heads up' on something, before they spend their money. At least I do. I say to the new FISHES to the pond, WELCOME ( ), and don't hesitate to post your reviews, just because you may not agree with others. It is always good to hear from new FISHES with new ideas , and opinions . Just remember the BF FORUM RULES ( NO stuff)

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 12:06:11 PM PST

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Oct 5, 10 1:45 PM
Tried this game out. Thouroughly enjoyed it. Had fun playing it until it came time to make the cocktail. Found it to be a bit tricky but got through it, But then came the truth serum and found part of it absolutely impossible to do, even though I was placing things exactly where indicated. So I have gone from being a very happy satisfied customer to one who is totally ticked off and plans on uninstalling this game immediately.Whether I'll ever try it again remains to be seen.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 5, 10 3:56 PM
OMG! I really wanted to like this game. I played 45 minutes of the demo. But, sorry, even for a dedicated HOG player like me, it is not very good. And the music! This game is much too easy! I played without the tutorial and was able to figure out exactly what to do. However, I would recommend it for beginner HOG players. Even if I was in the mood, as I mentioned in my last post, this wouldn't be the game for me. I'd rather play Cooking Dash - Dinertown Studios, again and again (which I have!).

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 5, 10 4:10 PM
as a fan of the lovely miss marple, i had to give this a try as i love to see how many ways people can mix sweet little ol' ladies with nothing less than great whites of the criminal world...

with that in mind - this game is definitely everything i thought it would be... cute without being childish, quirky without being too over the top, and silly without being slapstick!

the game is relatively easy, between the lists and the interactive bits... the mini-games are simple and trite, but what haven't we seen two dozen times in any collection of games... the mini-games are not repeated, though, for what i've seen, so that's a plus... i've had too many games that every time you turned around, there was a gear puzzle...

and the mafia pot-shots at poor mom! try randomly clicking for a while if you have no idea what i'm talking about... the first time it kinda caught me off-guard, but then i clicked around just to get shot at!! oh, had me rollin'!

and if sam's mom is as picky about him eating his veggies as she is nit-picky about police procedure... i think it's safe to say he was raised on candy!

the game really is fun and cute and definitely off the beaten path... a good find for BFG! and for those looking for more fun and less blood in their law&order...

go, mom!

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Oct 5, 10 5:01 PM
I tried it and I've certainly tried worse games. Is she knitting a quilt with ribbon in the beginning? After that, you don't take anything too seriously.

I made it through38 mins. and liked the misclick penalty best . I got tired of the lists but it wasn't as bad as it sounded here. Actually, I just clicked a lot until I got near the end. It was easier - and I used the hints.

She's no Miss Marple. A hair closer to Miss Seeton.

[Post New]by mrsdunk on Oct 5, 10 7:08 PM
I am very sad that is game is so so boring! I wasted one of my free codes and that makes me very sad. I think as a whole we are all so use to the games with a challenge and this has no challenge and very poorly put together. Even the background is boring, also maybe just my eyes but not a crisp clear screen either. I don't get very disappointed in the games I have been buying for two years now so guess i should not complain to much!

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Oct 5, 10 8:53 PM
Well I tried the demo and I LIKED it. I thought it was cute and somewhat funny. It's definitely not the same as RTR or DG but after playing those kind of games, something like this is relaxing.

I might wait for it to be a DD before I spend a credit or pay fill price for it but I think it's the kind of game you buy to unwind or when BF doesn't put out any games I like, or just to pass the time.

Welcome to the pond to the all the new fishies and remember not everyone has the same opinions or like the same games. Just try demo and see for yourself.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Oct 5, 10 9:40 PM
Just finished playing the full demo hour of this game. I liked the game, thought it was cute. The game really doesn't even try to be funny - I guess in the sense that you have a meddling mom that is going through all of her son's things and getting into his business is kinda funny overall but the other reviews made it sound like this was a poor attempt at humor. I really didn't detect any jokes or attempts to be funny. I thought the game was lighthearted and fun. The puzzles are not simple or too difficult, the mini puzzles are original enough that I enjoyed most of them. The graphics are clear - for the most part this game is a straight HOG. There are a few interactive elements. I don't feel compelled to run & buy it but may purchase at a later date. I thought the game was entertaining and enjoyable enough that I had no qualms about playing. I would rate this game 3 out of 5 stars.

Kaliarii
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kaliarii on Oct 6, 10 2:12 AM
Couldn't help but notice... This mother obviously hadn't seen her son in quite some time, as she looked for a photo in his office... *Sigh* I tried this one, and even went through the entire 1 hr trial. The short version? This one's not for me.

The heroine, a mother of a cop, makes me uncomfortable. She reminds me of my best friend's mother-in-law - Poking around where she doesn't belong, and cleaning everything in sight, whether it's welcomed or not. It's quite apparent to me why she was unsure of what her son looked like... She's an excessive busybody, frankly.

The game's setup is fine, it's essentially a traditional HOG, with a few inventory items and a handful of simple mini-games thrown in for good measure. Really, the deal breaker for me was the main character. The few HOGs I've played in didn't feel quite so nosy or intrusive. I found the whole thing, as others have put it, a bit incredible, how this woman pokes around a safe in a police station, sullies a crime scene or two, and continues on her merry way, no problem.

Frankly, while others may very well enjoy this one, it's not a game I will be purchasing, unfortunately.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 6, 10 4:00 AM
CasualGran wrote:
puzzledone wrote:Well after all these scathing personal opinions bashing this game, I'll be surprised if any new players of this ihog lite would even post they like it. I'd be too shy or embarrased if I were just learning.

If these types of games are way below your league, why spoil the fun for new players? Next year they may be into RTR like we were, this dev knows what they're doing, finding a wider audience. So what's wrong with that?

etc.

IMO the comments and reviews of a game can be as scathing or bashing as people want to write them. I'm not feeling obliged at all to spare the feelings of other fishies about that particular game. I could do that, but I certainly don't have to. Why make it personal in this way? We comment games, not people. Some people hate a game, others love it. That's just the way it is and that's perfectly fine to me. We're talking about material stuff here. So no pun intended and none taken.

Very well put casualgran. It's games we're critiquing here,not other members posts!
Dr.good

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Oct 6, 10 3:57 PM
Just finished playing about 35 minutes of the trial.

I'll start by saying that the game isn't for me. It reminds me of the games I played years ago when I first started playing HOGs. Doesn't mean it's bad, I've just developed a taste for games more... advanced, I guess you could say.

BUT, this game is really cute. The story isn't that unbelievable after a lot of the games I've played. If anything, I just thought it was weird that the mother is cleaning up crime scenes, breaking into safes, and talking to suspects/victims/witnesses. Seems like she'd be messing up the investigation big time and she would know it. Also, I didn't really like how the mother was portrayed. She just seemed really old. I'm sure not all mothers (or grandmothers) are like that.

The scenes I encountered were pretty clean and crisp. The items weren't too hard to find. In fact, I didn't even have to look at the list for a lot of items because some were so obvious. I did like that some of the items were interactive with the scenes, like feeding the donkey.

I liked it, but just not enough to spend a credit on. If it came around in the DD, I'd probably buy it.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Oct 6, 10 8:03 PM
I do enjoy the easier games when I am stressed out and this fits the bill. Although I did have a spot of bother when I tried the bonus and it didn't seem to want to load. I had to go through the entire game again(did not mind this) and this time waited a little longer for the loading. It worked and enjoyed the extra stuff. By the way, had a bit of fun with the fish. When you click on them they turn around or speed up. Just thought you might want to try it. Fun game for me.

[Post New]by flywheel77 on Oct 7, 10 1:41 AM
Dear Fishies!
Thank you very much for discussing our game. Now we wish to announce good news to those who like the game:
We have a surprise to all those who played our game out. After completing the game you can go to the section ABOUT and there you will see a button BONUS. This is a bonus Hidden Object game that is given to anyone who likes Incredible Adventures of My Mom.

Enjoy playing!!!

Always yours, developers!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 7, 10 3:24 AM
flywheel77 wrote:Dear Fishies!
Thank you very much for discussing our game. Now we wish to announce good news to those who like the game:
We have a surprise to all those who played our game out. After completing the game you can go to the section ABOUT and there you will see a button BONUS. This is a bonus Hidden Object game that is given to anyone who likes Incredible Adventures of My Mom.

Enjoy playing!!!

Always yours, developers!
Hi. Yes I finished the game and had great fun with it. But as I asked on my thread headed bonus game, what happens? I have found all of the headgear then there appears to be nothing else to do?? Can you advise me?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 7, 10 5:28 AM
Very well put casualgran. It's games we're critiquing here,not other members posts!
Dr.good

I think you just made my point for me. And I know a lot of us would like to have a REVIEW thread and a separate COMMENTS thread. Nobody should be denied or feel threatened to voice an opinion. Myself included. Often I just go to other sites to read a review or get links in email from other game sites to see if it would be of interest to me. By that I mean grasp an overall view of what the game concept is and genre. Graphics quality, story synopsis, player friendly, hint system, type of mini games, production values, music, difficulty level. Tiny objects or fragments, pros and cons.

I don't get that with rush to judgements based on a few minutes of demo, which I can determine myself and form an opinion. But it doesn't really contribute much to a review, unless I already recognize names of some of the posters. Those are usually predictable and more telling about the poster than the game unless explained to others why a game just sucks. Worst game I ever played. Even best game I ever played, could be a dev writing hype.

When an hour demo really turns me on, hey I'm human, can't wait to share my joy or excitement. But when a game feels like a dud to me, personally I don't see the point in wasting even more time writing about it with nothing to say about the game itself, rather uninstall and try another. And if I do feel the need to express a negative opinion, I don't feel like "if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all". How about if you don't have anything nice to say, say it nicely. Then I'll be over on a comments thread with my blah. Besides, I spend enough time replying to PMs from players who seem to like same type games as I because one may have to wade through pages and patch together bits of information about the GAME. I usually say wait a day or two and go back and start reading page 3 or 4, by then maybe there are posts by some who actually played the whole game, or at least the whole hour. Just a lot of clutter.

I think we all miss experienced game lovers like poodlebear who was usually quick to be an opener on page one, full of insights, mostly objective re the game itself, some pros and cons, regardless of personal preferences. Just information in a nutshell and a rating. Sometimes returned later with some personal comments after finishing if she bought it. So, that is my opinion about opinions.

Go to: