Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat

[Post New]by oceanloverOH on Oct 25, 10 12:54 PM
I just finished this game....EXCELLENT! One of the best games I've played in a long time. I may have to try Rue Morgue now......!

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Oct 25, 10 4:21 PM
I just finished as well. My kind of game. Awesome game. I did buy Edgar Allan Poe Murder in the Rue Morgue and am off to play that one now.

ozgal38
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ozgal38 on Oct 25, 10 4:25 PM
hi guys i am up to the part where you place the keys...eg...owl,snake,tiger.
ive place to keys but it want let me place there rest.
i can see the shapes in the background but still not having any luck
any help would be great ty

[Post New]by Michieux on Oct 26, 10 7:13 AM
Michieux wrote:I'd gladly comment, if the game would run. I have about half a dozen BF games and with each one I have problems getting them to run on my Vista Home Premium machine with 4GB memory and 1GB Nvidia GeForce EN9500GT graphics card. Whether a game will run or not seems to be a hit-and-miss affair.

This past weekend I bought this game, and The Void Collector's Edition. After several tries I got Void to run, with the occasional glitch, but so far I've had no luck getting Black Cat to run. In each case, the game appears to load all right, but instead of starting, I am returned to Windows. The game is there in a tab, but won't stay on screen. I usually have to run Task Manager to kill the game as there is no other way to control it. When my frustration level gets to near 80-90%, I usually give up in disgust.

Think I'll stick with Steam from now on.

Cheers,

Michieux

Red face time. After my moan (above) I found that on my machine, all the BF games run perfectly if I unload Firefox and/or Thunderbird from memory. I say "and/or" because I'm not sure which of these clashes with BF games. Not that it matters much -- I'm just glad I can now play all the games without having to deal with such issues.

Sheesh! Does anyone else here sit down with one of these games, intending to play for an hour or so and find themselves still playing six hours later? They're so danged addictive!

Cheers,

Michieux

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Oct 26, 10 7:48 AM
I am loving this game. As good as Ravenhearst isn't it.

Haven't bought any CE games yet - but wish I had have bought the CE version of this. Would have been excellent value!

I haven't had to check the walkthrough much so it's perfectly challenging without being frustratingly difficult.

One question tho...what's it with the chicken in the garden..

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Oct 26, 10 8:14 AM
Linda_in_Aussie wrote:I am loving this game. As good as Ravenhearst isn't it.

Haven't bought any CE games yet - but wish I had have bought the CE version of this. Would have been excellent value!

I haven't had to check the walkthrough much so it's perfectly challenging without being frustratingly difficult.

One question tho...what's it with the chicken in the garden..

you don't have to do anything with the chicken..but you can click on him, and he will say hello..
it is an awesome game, i am now playing through for the 2nd time

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Oct 26, 10 3:41 PM
Thanks Kelnjor... so the developers were just having a mad moment, Nice touch.

I restarted it again after the trial and enjoyed it so much more once I had a "feel" for this amazing game.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Oct 26, 10 5:22 PM
Hey Linda..yep. i guess they are trying to keep us on our toes i noticed the same with the bird when you first walk outside, sitting on the railing.

i am still really enjoying it 2nd time round, i think as there is so many things to do and places to explore, and you still have to think at a few places as to what went where...excellent game, and hope there are going to be more of these!

[Post New]by echo369s on Oct 27, 10 12:33 AM
Loved the game. Not to easy, not to hard. Loved the many rooms and graphics. Not too short, nor did it go on to long. It was an easy enough story to actually follow along. Sometimes I'll only play a little while at a time, sometimes I may go days, and by the time I'm in the middle of a game I've quite forgotten the plot. Not so here.

[Post New]by emildinho on Oct 29, 10 8:28 AM
Hello everyone this is my first post !! I have downloaded games from here for a while now and this is the first time this has happened to me . I downloaded this game as I liked the look of it and I played some other games then I thought I would have a look at it and I click ''Play now '' and it says I have a different game in process when I don't I have checked it please help as i want to have a go on it.

Many thanks
Emildinho

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Oct 29, 10 8:46 AM
emildinho wrote:Hello everyone this is my first post !! I have downloaded games from here for a while now and this is the first time this has happened to me . I downloaded this game as I liked the look of it and I played some other games then I thought I would have a look at it and I click ''Play now '' and it says I have a different game in process when I don't I have checked it please help as i want to have a go on it.

Many thanks
Emildinho

Sometimes we just need to restart our computers to remind them of their job - lol.
I find this the easiest way to get back to a clean slate when the thing gets fussy.

[Post New]by emildinho on Oct 29, 10 10:04 AM
huntington101 wrote:
emildinho wrote:Hello everyone this is my first post !! I have downloaded games from here for a while now and this is the first time this has happened to me . I downloaded this game as I liked the look of it and I played some other games then I thought I would have a look at it and I click ''Play now '' and it says I have a different game in process when I don't I have checked it please help as i want to have a go on it.

Many thanks
Emildinho

Sometimes we just need to restart our computers to remind them of their job - lol.
I find this the easiest way to get back to a clean slate when the thing gets fussy.

TRied that i tried everything just dont think it works

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Oct 31, 10 5:31 AM
oceanloverOH wrote:I just finished this game....EXCELLENT! One of the best games I've played in a long time. I may have to try Rue Morgue now......!

my thoughts exactly word for word,,,but
very disappointed in rue morgue
wayyyyy too much hidden objects and not so much story..so bummer

anyway, this has to be close to my thoughts to redemtion cemetery..
very , very good ...excellent long game
hats off to develops ...can't wait for next one

[Post New]by chrisj666 on Nov 1, 10 11:13 PM
This is a GREAT GAME...It took a while to finish and although you might have to check with the walk through a few times to figure out what to do (a BIG MISTAKE for so many games that leave you with no LOGICAL idea how to proceed) it's still a great value for the cost. I recommend it.

[Post New]by Tassygirl1958 on Nov 3, 10 8:25 PM
Kudos to the creators of this game! AMAZING, FUN, FANTASTIC! I have played a ton of **** games and this is the top of the top ten I've played. Thoroughly enjoying this game; lots of twists and turns and hours of great playing. Thank you! I can hardly wait for the next one to come out!

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Nov 4, 10 8:14 AM
For me, this game was pretty close to perfect in every way. It was fairly long and I was continually surprised by the number of hidden objects there were and places I had to go, and it was always just light enough to see, never any of that trying to find a minuscule object in almost totally darkness.

It was hard, but not so hard I ended up getting frustrated and quitting. I did resort to using the walkthrough a couple times or I would never have gotten out of a fix. Lots of surprises in this game - I like that.

If all the Dark Tales are going to be like this, I will definitely look forward to getting them!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 6, 10 6:46 AM
one of the best games i have played

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Nov 6, 10 8:47 AM
I just finished the game as well, and I absolutely agree with all of you. This is one of the few games where, when the game ended, I just sat back and said, "Wow." The gameplay was so entertaining that I had to remember to make myself stop to just look around and admire the scenery. I particularly liked the wine cellar. This has moved up to my "top 3" list of favorite games and I am considering upgrading to the CE just to get the wallpaper!

beachmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by beachmama on Nov 7, 10 2:03 PM
Finally! I have worked this on and off since release . At times very frustrating but I hung in there. So far the best hog. I thought Return to Ravenhurst was tough. A piece of cake compared to this one.
Keep them coming

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Nov 8, 10 10:53 AM
FANTASTIC game. . I have no issues or complaints. Eagarly await the next installment. . Better than Rue Morgue.

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 10:57:41 AM PST

Go to: