bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 15, 12 12:35 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just swam by here and saw your posts about getting stuck at a certain point in this game. If you've checked the Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Walkthrough and are still having trouble, the best thing to do is get in contact with our Tech Support Team.

They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your computer and how best to get things resolved for you.

This also helps us track any recurring problems that come up with this game so we know that a bigger fix is needed from the developer.

Here's a great post we've created on how to contact them and send them info about the specific problem you're running into:

How do I contact Tech Support?

(Just click the blue text and you'll be taken right there.)

Thanks!

bfgMonongahela

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mandygijs on Apr 16, 12 3:52 PM
Im playing the game on my iPad, collecters version, my problem is that i can't open the door on the right in the back of the secret room. In the walktrough i can see the room, a room with tools, and i need Some objects from that room but i can't open the door! Now i can't go on with the game!
HELP!

[Post New]by AdriannBaldwin on Apr 16, 12 10:48 PM
TrainerDi wrote:I AM NOT HAVING ANY CRASHING DIFFICULTIES BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO GET ANY FURTHER WITH MY INVENTORY ITEMS. CAN'T GET OUT TO GARDEN TO PLAYER PIANO. UPSTAIRS CAN'T GET INTO ROOM WHERE YOU USE THE NEWSPAPER CAN'T GET KEY OUT OF LOCK. NO PLIERS TO BEND HANGER. AM I MISSING SOMETHING? PLEASE HELP.

I'm having this problem too! Please please help! Did I buy this game for nothing?!?!?!

Cindi2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Cindi2000 on Apr 20, 12 8:48 AM
Zaraedaril wrote:I have restarted the game four times now and have even followed the walkthrough (which I hate doing) and each time I get stuck in the same place, the HOG in the bushes to the right of the garden house does not light up for me, I can't click on it or anything therefore I am unable to get the glue and I'm sure many other things needed for me to progress into the game. I can click and see the gnome and the dancer used to pull the rope and expose a door inside the garden house but I cannot access the hidden object game at all even after four restarts. I am also unable to get into the poolroom inside the garden house. The door is closed and does not light up for me at all. I have tried many times and the only options I have is the hidden room behind the shelf or the door out to the fountain.

Cindi2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Cindi2000 on Apr 20, 12 8:52 AM
I was having the same issues of not being able to access the pool room to get the glue, fix the pool stick etc. This part is not available on iPhone version.

Simply go to the room behind the chest you pulled down and click on the spider web in the top right corner. You should have what you need to move forward into the garden.

[Post New]by dcbenny on Apr 29, 12 7:24 PM
I do not have access to some of the steps I have seen in the walkthrough and I have gone pretty far in the game. I do not get the hidden object scene in the bushes to the left of the garden. I cannot access the Billiards room and cannot click on tower on right from the gazebo.

[Post New]by Meow91 on May 4, 12 9:25 PM
dcbenny wrote:I do not have access to some of the steps I have seen in the walkthrough and I have gone pretty far in the game. I do not get the hidden object scene in the bushes to the left of the garden. I cannot access the Billiards room and cannot click on tower on right from the gazebo.

KC080
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by KC080 on May 7, 12 5:01 PM
I bought this game on my iphone4s few days ago and have been playing it. Then somehow i got stuck with my inventory items, cuz i found nowhere to use them. I was shock to know that there was a pool room when i checked the walkthrough! Like the others, I have restarted the game, followed the walkthrough, and still got stuck in the same place. The door of the pool room doesn's light up, the bushes to the right of the garden house doesn't light up, the chicken lights up for nothing. I tried so many times clicking on those spots and still got nowhere, so I can't get the glue and certainly missed many other things needed to proceed the game. I haven't synchronized this game to my itunes and it's already problematic! What should I do now???

[Post New]by Dedham on Jun 18, 12 8:56 AM
I also can not access the HOG on the right side of the garden house. I have restarted the game three times and the last time I used the walk through step by step. I have the game installed on my iPhone 4.

Help?!?!?

Izzy

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 18, 12 10:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear you're running in to some problems with the mobile version of this game!

First, I want to let you know that the walkthrough we have for the game in our Blog on the website is based on the PC/Mac version of the game. The mobile version is a little bit different, with some HOS scenes and items not being in the same order or even left out of the game. We've posted a separate walkthrough for the mobile version here. If you've been following the main PC/Mac walkthrough and aren't seeing things listed there, it might be a good idea to check the mobile walkthrough and see if they should be part of your game too.

But if you're still getting to a point where you should be able to move on, or if you're having another issue with the game, please get in touch with our Mobile Support. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Jul 6, 12 1:41 PM
noirangel wrote:The whole game has played okay for me until you try to use the magnet to get the gear out of the jar. Then the dang thing won't work. It doesn't pick it up. I've messed around with it for about an hour, very frustrating!!

Was there a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue!
Please help

okok, so you take it to the bottom, let it go and whoopee! it grabs the gear

so the answer is just keep looking in the forum and you will find the answer

Edited on 07/06/2012 at 1:55:31 PM PST

[Post New]by gartenhauswelt on Aug 31, 12 11:44 AM
Hi,

I like this game.

[Post New]by bMay702 on Jan 19, 13 10:43 AM
Hello, I bought this game from Best Buy. I installed it onto my computer and it won't even launch. After I click on the icon to launch it my computer loads for about 5 seconds then stops. I made sure I activated the game through the Big Fish manager. The same thing occurs when I try to launch it through the big fish game manager. Every once in awhile I get an 802 error when trying to launch it. I went to the FAQ and attempted the solution for the 802 error but to no avail. I was just wondering what the reasons would be an if I can fix them to launch and play this game.

Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by Crrk07 on Aug 1, 13 5:17 AM
Help

Edited on 08/01/2013 at 5:26:02 AM PST

[Post New]by Crrk07 on Aug 1, 13 5:24 AM
I'm really stuck!!! I. The secret room I've tired to used the saw blade, after adjusting it on the table, on the last left door and it didn't work but the saw blade work on the locked garden fence. Also when I get to the dummy in the middle of the lake in the gazebo there's no key to unlock the assembled locked chest I put together in the gazebo. I need help cause the game is not letting move on further cause I believe of these actions I can't find or get. HELP!!! Btw...this game is played n downloaded on iPhone 5

Edited on 08/01/2013 at 5:27:56 AM PST

Go to: