(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 1:47:04 AM PST

Try it FREE

[Post New]by game_downloader on Oct 13, 10 6:16 PM
(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 1:47:30 AM PST

Try it FREE

[Post New]by Billieannie on Oct 13, 10 6:38 PM
game_downloader wrote:(Removed by moderator)

WOW! I dont care for surveys but that was quick and easy! Thanks! Its working great!

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 1:48:03 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 13, 10 6:42 PM
so... i'm going to go ahead and try the demo... but one thing before i do...

anyone get the link between the bears and Dr. Benjamin Gentle??

Gentle Ben??

hmmm...

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 13, 10 7:59 PM
Not sure about this one. Like the jigsaw puzles and the "differences," but a number of items were just too small to see, e.g. candles. My eyes feel strained. Graphics a bit 1st grader, but okay. I'll hold this one to see if anything better comes along.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Oct 13, 10 9:14 PM
Played 10 minutes, so B-O-R-I-N-G and hard to find clues that are really hidden, not clear. Deleted

maxpatch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maxpatch on Oct 13, 10 11:12 PM
what a stupid game.not going anyway,,,i wont be buying it...

anerims
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by anerims on Oct 13, 10 11:20 PM
I have the first game, but this one looks like it was the first game because of the grainy scenes and hard to find objects. I don't mind the find the differences but this one had too many for my taste. Either my vision is worsening as I get older or the graphics is of low quality. Had to use hints often. Couldn't find the bear most of the time. The so called first Becky Brogan was most enjoyable, but I can't give this game very high marks. I like HOGS but this one started to give me a headache. Maybe younger eagle eyes might have better luck.

peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by peachycat on Oct 14, 10 4:46 AM
Terrible game. A lot of the items I found were just by randomly clicking all over the screen. Items were too dark or too small to be seen. Even with the hint button items were hard to see. Not a keeper.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 14, 10 6:04 AM
Cromaxgal wrote:Played 10 minutes, so B-O-R-I-N-G and hard to find clues that are really hidden, not clear. Deleted

ditto

texgal
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by texgal on Oct 14, 10 6:20 AM
I won't buy this game either. Hidden Objects games are my games. Other than adventure, I rarely play anything else. But in games where there are no puzzles, just straight HOs, I get bored. I also agree that this game is for those with very young eyes. There were lots of times when I couldn't see the object even after hitting hint and being shown where it was.
All-in-all I love BFG!! They do a wonderful job, and I realize not all games are always for every one. Play and buy the ones that are your cup of tea and let the others go.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 14, 10 9:29 AM
Bad Graphics make it a no-buy for me. The clarity of the scene
through the open door in the Motel Room, just demonstrated
what GOOD graphics could have done for this game. Played
one more scene after that and gave up the eye strain.

Not familiar with the first game, so will give that a try.

Well, tried the original Becky Brogan and while the graphics are
not Al, they are certainly better than this one. Seems nice and
long and I like the cats, so I'll use a credit on it.

Thanks to those fishies who mentioned it.

Glad I waited a day. It's today's DD. 10/15/10 Yipee

Edited on 10/15/2010 at 6:09:28 AM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 14, 10 11:03 AM
Another HOG I'm enjoying. Only played the demo so far, but decided to purchase via game credit applied. Graphics are nice and I actually liked the eery music, which gives befitting ambience to the game scenes. In the demo, I experienced no technical glitches, and I found the story line somewhat interesting. The mini games are easy... actually too easy, but still a nice game diversion every now and then. They are the usual... picture puzzle, find the differences, etc.

I especially enjoy the more difficult hidden objects to find. Sometimes very well hidden, and very tiny. I enjoy the challenge, yet still found all objects rather quickly, and I do have to wear glasses while playing, as my eyesight has diminished through the years with the natural procession of age. But it makes the seek and find much more challenging in an enjoyable way for me. For me, if the objects are too easy to find, the game is quickly played and too soon over. So the longer the better. There is a hint button feature if one needs, and in the demo I did resort to it once. Shalom.

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 11:05:26 AM PST

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on Oct 14, 10 3:51 PM
Nope, not for me. Items are so hard to find that even after using a hint I can't find some of them. Never saw a bear after the intro. Too frustrating to be fun.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Oct 14, 10 9:25 PM
I lasted for 20 minutes as the story seemed kind of interesting. But finding 90% of all objects either by fluke or waiting for the hint button to recharge just isn't much fun. I've seen the comments made about this game made rather frequently about other games. I t makes me wonder, "Why are the game developers not getting the message." I can understand a bit for a small operation, but Mumbo Jumbo is one of the major names in the business.

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Oct 15, 10 12:08 AM
I did not like this game at all. The hidden objects are way too hard for me to find. Now while I get that finding the hidden objects is kind of the point of the game, it's just too difficult with these dark graphics and blended objects. I resorted to click, click, clicking all over the screen then when I miraculously found something I looked at the list to see what it was!!! One good thing about this one is that there are no penalties for over zealous clicking. I know some people hate that. What else? Oh yeah, I hate find the difference puzzles, so that is a minus for this game as well. Next was the scene where you have to find the things that didn't make sense. Well maybe it's just my whacky sence of what is absurd (or not) but it made perfect sense to me to have all those things just exactly where they were. I always keep my handcuffs chained to the lamp. But what made me turn off the demo before it finished was when I got really annoyed with myself for pushing the solve button on the first jigsaw put-the-photo-back-together puzzle. I was trying to get rid of the helpful hint and clicked in the wrong place. I am really starting to crave a good hidden object/adventure game...

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Oct 15, 10 12:12 AM
Oh Ember I thought the bears were there because the nurse was called "Ursa", I missed the Gentle Ben touch. Whatever else we say about this one at least we can say that is pretty clever.

ethan406
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ethan406 on Oct 15, 10 5:32 PM
Sorry, I didn't play this game very long.....the graphics are terrible......I can't find the objects.......it is too hard to see.....

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 15, 10 6:00 PM
I have bought today the first game as a Daily Deal and have played this game again after this. The graphic are the same as in part 1 - good but not special. Its a standard hog with a few puzzles. I like it enough for using a credit for it

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 17, 10 11:42 PM
i'm feeling the same way Eisteepfirsich

i played through the demo... got a bit past the "bus" scene... i didn't have trouble finding anything, but when i was just at the end of a spot the difference - and i can never get the last ones! - i took a hint... it reloads fairly quickly, so it was always ready when i simply ran out of patience with a scene... it happens sometimes

but i managed to find a bear in every scene that had one... and mind you, some of them were tough! i think that may be why i decided to use that 'hint' button a little more than i'm used to...

the music - which i had kinda low - didn't really bother me, so i was comfortable to go on playing without feeling like i needed to send someone to this little piece of hell that our heroine so ineptly discovers... i only say that because of the story's build... she stops at a roadside motel and finds a note left by "norman?" i'm thinking to myself - unless you want to get skewered in the shower, run! run far away and don't look back... whatever is in room 7 can stay there... but no, she goes to the room and finds the next breadcrumb on the trail to finding dr. gentle... more like 'nurse betty!'

i have to admit, though, the thing that had me going - because i truly do not think this style of game is up to my standards at this juncture - were the scattered files and drawings and notes giving me a glimpse into the twisted landscapes of the patients' psyches... i loved the burnt cat drawing!! don't get me wrong, i love cats, and if anyone even so much as thought of harming mine, they would have more than a tasmanian devil to deal with! it's just the absurdity of all these patient notes left strewn about... and airing the dirty laundry, shall we say...

so, i'm thinking i'll stay in the game if for nothing more than to find out all there is to know about the psychos our dear doctor has been treating... and to see whether or not our buddy 'norman' is on his list!

Go to: