MySadie
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MySadie on Oct 14, 10 7:15 PM
Just have to put my two cents' worth in! Downloaded the trial and love it! It's a definite buy for me come payday! Great graphics, and just difficult enough for me not to get bored, nor too frustrated by going blind trying to find small objects. Must admit I'd be buying it tonight if I could use a credit. Wish they would allow us to use a credit for partial payment of the Collector's Editions and just pay the difference. I'd be more tempted more often! LOL

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Oct 14, 10 7:17 PM
I found the graphics very lovely and I bought it immediately. I am always swayed by the graphics. Crisp and clear in the hidden object scenes. Objects not so small that you have to squint to look for things. The game is not too difficult and sometimes that is nice for a change, because you do not get too frustrated if you can't figure out the puzzles, and you can just relax and enjoy the beautiful graphics while playing the game.

Thanks so much .

[Post New]by Jetdoc on Oct 14, 10 8:17 PM
I have been a BF member for years , this being my first review. Thanks to All you great Fishies, I have come to rely on your reviews. I love the HOG's ie. Drawn, Mystery case files, Puppet show etc. I played the demo and found this game to be a no-brain-er. The graphics are great and the game play is smooth and flowing with easy, quick changes between scenes and a courser that moves easily. The hot spots are well indicated. The game play seems to be linear. The puzzles juvenile. I found the hidden object scenes easy except for a few objects that are blurred beyond recognition, good thing the hint recharges quickly. I can't imagine why you would need a strategy guide. I know it's been kinda dry lately for Hog's but I'll wait for the daily special to buy this one. I hope you find this enlightening.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Oct 14, 10 9:03 PM
tropdechats wrote:Good game -- and it's been a while since one has come along.

My sole concern is the fact that it is a CE. In my experience to date, CEs have not been worth the additional price. But I am not a fan of wallpaper, etc. I just want additional play. If a CE provides merely 15-30 minutes of additional play -- particularly scenes that didn't make it into the final game for obvious reasons -- it is not worth it for me. I just hope that BF is not manipulating us a little bit by putting out a series of mediocre games and then putting out a good game in CE format so we buy the more expensive game out of desperation. Sorry, but I'm a born cynic.

I will wait to buy until I hear from fishies who have played the entire CE and can tell me why it was worth the cost.

You took the words right out of my mouth since I had just had the same thought. I will wait to purchase. I am still waiting for Twisted Limbs.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Oct 14, 10 9:51 PM
I just finished playing this one and it took me most of the day except a little break to feed a couple of hungry guys. It had me hooked the minute I saw the pictures. It's one of those games I just enjoy looking at each and every thing in every room. Beautifully done. I loved that you got achievements (like Dire Grove ) for not skipping, pushing hint buttons, etc. Gives me a good reason to replay to get a achievement I didn't get the mini -games were pretty challenging. For those that get stuck your strategy guide is right at the bottom of your screen and takes you where you left of. No sifting through 40 pages to get to the chapter you're on. The story was done well, the music and sound effects worth listening to. Lots of humor here, I especially enjoyed the hint frog just because it was different. I've only bought two games this month due to lack of interest on my part but they were both CEs so I have another free game coming already. IMO this game was worth every dollar spent. I enjoyed very much. Thank you Elepant Games for a job well done and thank you for a quality game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 15, 10 1:22 AM
torriekay wrote:

This says it all for me. Gonna pass on this one.

AshleyD1979 wrote:I'm sorry but I didn't like this one.

I thought judging by all the good comments it has been receiving that this would break the dry spell of a chain of boring games.

However, this was just too boring. Find a crowbar, use the crowbar. Find a key, use the key. Find a light bulb, use the light bulb. Etc. The objects were used almost right as you found them or in the next scene. There was simply no challenge. I like to figure out what goes where and match items. But everything was used with no real thought.

The puzzles were very dull, IMO. A jigsaw puzzle with like 6 or 7 pieces? Hello? Match the pictures? Arrange the light bulbs?

Just not for me. When the game first started, it looked like it would be an MCF rip off. Old car. Detective badge. Diary. Victorian Era house, etc. Which was fine to me. I love those games and wish there were more like it. It is as if this one TRIED to be like R2R and DG but just couldn't cut it.

It wasn't even appealing in its own right.

The game also appeared very linear. Point A to Point B to Point C to Point D. Etc. I like to wander around, explore, backtrack, etc. If it gets better, I have no idea since I don't plan on purchasing after my demo stopped.

But if it didn't grab me during the trial, I don't like taking a risk to see if things get better. No go for me. :-(

The same goes for me. I didn't like the graphics in the Hidden Objects scenes at all, and thought the gameplay rather boring. Mini games were easy too.

The best thing I liked about this game was that cute frog to give us hints. Loved him.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 15, 10 2:26 AM
peeshee_1951 wrote:I just finished playing this one and it took me most of the day except a little break to feed a couple of hungry guys. It had me hooked the minute I saw the pictures. It's one of those games I just enjoy looking at each and every thing in every room. Beautifully done. I loved that you got achievements (like Dire Grove ) for not skipping, pushing hint buttons, etc. Gives me a good reason to replay to get a achievement I didn't get the mini -games were pretty challenging. For those that get stuck your strategy guide is right at the bottom of your screen and takes you where you left of. No sifting through 40 pages to get to the chapter you're on. The story was done well, the music and sound effects worth listening to. Lots of humor here, I especially enjoyed the hint frog just because it was different. I've only bought two games this month due to lack of interest on my part but they were both CEs so I have another free game coming already. IMO this game was worth every dollar spent. I enjoyed very much. Thank you Elepant Games for a job well done and thank you for a quality game.

Thank you peeshee for your review. Can you give a hint as to the bonus play length?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 15, 10 4:07 AM
Graphics good.

Length of game ok.

Mini-games or puzzles too easy!

Nothing changes on subsequent play.

I didn't find anything that set this game apart from other regular edition games. It did not seem to have anything that makes it Collector's Edition quality. It does have the CE "stuff" included. The game is so easy that a strategy guide is not needed.

The extra game play is about the length on one chapter. There are 9 chapters and then the bonus play. So you are getting about 10 percent extra game play and the other CE "stuff" for the extra cost of the CE.

It is an ok game but I wish I had waited for the regular version. It has been a while since I bought a CE and this is only the 3rd CE I have purchased. I was curious to see if the quality or extras in a CE had improved or been beefed up to warrant the extra price. The only reason I'm glad I bought this CE version is that I can see that they are not worth the extra money for me. Now I can go back to waiting for the regular versions of games and feel good about it.

Edited on 10/15/2010 at 7:44:24 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 15, 10 5:01 AM
I'm enjoying the game very much; played the trial version until time was up, then purchased it. However, the constellation puzzle gave me fits. I thought I knew exactly what to do -- not exactly brain surgery -- and was sure I had everything lined up. When that didn't work, I check the guide. Looked at the picture. Looked the same as what I had done, but the right discs wouldn't lock. I finally skipped it and went on, but it was frustrating. I don't see that anyone else had that problem, though, and it didn't take away from the game.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Oct 15, 10 5:14 AM
I don't know why this one would be a CE game. It's too easy to do. I didn't find it challenging enough and not enough animation going on.

The hints were filled up quickly and I only used them to get through scenes quickly so I could see how the game progressed. I didn't skip any mini-games since they were easy to figure out.

The graphics were OK but not overly beautiful.

I didn't mind the frog sounds.

I did enjoy playing it but not to purchase, and especially not as a CE. For me, I'll wait until it's a DD.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Oct 15, 10 5:38 AM
LizzieK:

Thanks for the feedbacks about the CE extras. This is the info I need before I make a decision to purchase th CE version. As I said earlier, so far they have not been worth the extra money for me.

Just a general thanks to fishies who share their thoughts. I learn so much when I read these comments!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Oct 15, 10 6:36 AM
At last a game worth playing. I love it! Even though it's a CE, I bought it, just couldn't wait for the regular version. I'm waiting for Twisted Lands to come out in regular mode, but this one I wanted immediately.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 15, 10 7:28 AM
liked the demo, but will wait for the regular price

[Post New]by ravenmad1992 on Oct 15, 10 9:40 AM
I have to say this was one of the best games I have played lately. I dont think there are any of these types of games I have not played. This game kept me interested the graphics are great and I love the little frog! I used the hint button a couple of times just to watch him jump down and jump back up. This game actually got my hubby's attention and he is not into these kind of games. I hope there are more to come in this series!! Thanks for such a wonderful game!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 15, 10 10:18 AM
I just finished the game and I agree with you ravenmad, this is one of the most enjoyable games I have played lately and it was a long one for me - I couldn't tell you in exact hours because I played in about 5 different sittings yesterday and this morning! I can tell you that I timed the bonus play and it took me 1 hour 2 minutes to play it - so it isn't long, but it is a whole new scenario so no repeating of anything played in the main game!!

If you are looking for a spooky Halloween game, I didn't see this game in that light at all. I felt it was more of a tongue-in-cheek, dark humored romp and that is what I liked the most about the game (did I mention it is quite long!!!). Fun, fun, fun and I love it when developers put out a top-notch game and still are able to inject humor and some good chuckles without detracting from the story one bit - splendidly done here. I loved the frog - he became my "game buddy" for the duration even though I didn't use his hint services (I took my time and played the whole game with no hints & no skipped puzzles - woohoo!!) I was already sold on the game as I played along but when the developers let me use dynamite and then later a flame thrower - they were my new best friends!! FUN. I loved the one hidden object scene where you had to find 5 of "ship stuff". LOL Another couple of high points in the humor department (slight spoilers, not gameplay) : "Mother of Pearl! An ape in reading glasses..." and then give the ape a book on "The Origin of Man" and shooting out the intercom, then; knock, knock, knock "That is NOT funny"... oh, yes it was, I was literally laughing out loud.

This is a great game and despite the short bonus play time, I don't regret buying this CE a bit and if you wait for the SE you are still in for a real treat here!!

ETA: According to the artwork in the wallpapers extras there is another game on the drawing board "Full Moon" - I will be watching for it!!

Edited on 10/15/2010 at 10:24:10 AM PST

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Oct 15, 10 10:44 AM
Amazing game I enjoyed every second of it, I would recommend it to everyone.

esmeqt
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by esmeqt on Oct 15, 10 10:48 AM
I'm a newbie fish, so I'm enjoying reading all the reviews of the more veteran fishies.

I will probably buy this game. I'm trying to find games that I will really like. It's hard because the first few I played were R2R and Dire Grove. It's going to be hard to equal those games IMO. I've also liked the Midnight Mysteries and enjoyed Briar Rose. Currently working my way through Drawn so I can get the second one.

I am a sucker for lovely graphics though, and I think this one will make me happy.

I don't mind purchasing CEs too much, but perhaps I will as I become a more veteran fish! I just figure if I can get a couple of hours out of a game, it's cheaper than going to a movie, and I can do it in my pjs on my own sofa. Looking at it that way, I come out a winner!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 15, 10 10:54 AM
It took me just a little over an hour to finish the bonus section. I still think this game was a good value. I will be able to replay it in a few months and enjoy it just as much as I did the first time. For all of you who found the game too easy I'm a little older than many of you and play the games for fun so really don't want them too hard. For me in particular when the games get too hard they become a job instead of entertainment. I like to be able to figure things out without extra help.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 15, 10 11:09 AM
I found this game to be enjoyable. There is no casual or expert mode choice and you are pretty much spoonfed everything in this game. You can select between custom or regular cursor, however, if you choose to use regular cursor, it does not become a magnifying glass when you can look at something--it does change to a cross-arrow though. The graphics are very well done with virtually no dark areas requiring extra monitor lighting (kudos for that). The story is different/odd what with trolls and the strange disappearances of the celebraties, but it does move right along and doesn't bog down. It flows continuously (there are just a few places where it has to load) and there's not much of running back and forth. The puzzles are plentiful, but not difficult and can be skipped. It took me six hours to complete, no hints and no skips and no strategy guide. The strategy guide is integrated with the game play. I looked it over afterwards and it seems very well detailed--a step by step walkthrough with puzzle solutions. However, after reading the problems people were having, I replayed and found I could recreate each of the problems they were having, which means if you stray too far outside of the natural order of things, there is at least a 35% chance of technical problems severe enough to cause you to have to restart the game with another profile. This is simply unacceptable coding for a game and much to severe a penalty for coloring outside the lines. My rating is 2 out of 5 stars

zandu2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by zandu2 on Oct 15, 10 12:57 PM
WHAT a fantasitc game!! One of the best around. I give it a ten!!! It took about 10 hours to do and there are lots mini games to do. They are fairly easy. I didn't have a problem with them but it take some time to think. Love it. The story was great, the game is great. I want more... Thanks BFG team, good job!!!

Go to: