bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bball111 on Oct 15, 10 4:29 PM
I'll wait fot the regular edition and see if the glitches are fixed by then. I was seriously ready to buy it until I read about start overs etc.

Edited on 10/15/2010 at 4:31:06 PM PST

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by akfrosty on Oct 15, 10 6:09 PM
akfrosty wrote:
viclynn17 wrote:I am trying to get the record out of the file cabinet. I get them all in but it will not let me take the record. I have reinstalled and the gliches stopped now this.

Same here, everytime I try to take the record, the drawer goes in so you can't get the record. So I am stuck at this spot, hope someone comes up with a solution so I can finish the game.

I finally went ahead and did the skip for this puzzle so I could get on with the game.

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Meredene on Oct 15, 10 8:11 PM

Has anyone found a solution to the unobtainable access card? I tried the "skip" option and have lost inventory and ability to exit.

I gather from other posts that the "universal panacea" of uninstall and reinstall isn't an assurance of success.

I hate being without a game to play. It's wet and windy here and I was quite enjoying that game.

[Post New]by Annelise_Joy on Oct 15, 10 9:06 PM
I couldn't get the demo to run at all. It installed fine but when I tried to run it I just got a blank screen. I had to alt-ctrl-del out of it. I tried fiddling with my video settings but nothing helped. This used to happen quite a lot before I finally got Direct X up to date and it's been ages since a game wouldn't work for me. But no one else seems to have had this problem with this particular game. I just deleted the demo though - it didn't look good enough for me to go through the hassle of contacting customer support!

[Post New]by spritegirl on Oct 15, 10 9:14 PM
Same problem with access card and intercom game- I can't turn the knobs. I have uninstalled and downloaded again (painful at a 700 mb size) - tried starting another profile, and have the same issue-

It's sad, because i was really enjoying the game-

Hopefully a fix will come soon (without losing our saved data!)

lilbit___
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lilbit___ on Oct 15, 10 9:49 PM
Has anyone else had an issue w/ the screen being cut off on the right side when in full screen mode, or does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have tried adjusting setting for my monitor but this does not help. I do not have this problem when I am not playing this or any other game. Any suggestions? Thanks

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Oct 15, 10 10:23 PM
hi djrum 525,
the only way i could fix it was to skip the puzzle...bummer as was the only skip in the whole game...but at least i could get the dam record!! have to say am really enjoying this game!

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Oct 15, 10 11:09 PM
katejoe999 wrote:I've been having a fine old time with this game but seem to have hit a glitch. I went to play the intercom mini game at the hotel and I couldn't move the buttons. I then waited for the skip button to charge, hit that and lost my inventory, menu bars etc. Couldn't even exit out of the game! Not good for a CE!!

I had this exact same problem. The knobs wouldn't turn, tried to skip, lost all menu bars, had to control/alt/delete to get out of the game.

Tried to restart, same problem. Menus still gone.

Unhappily reinstalling now.

Boy, I was really loving this game before that.

ETA: I deleted my previous profile, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Then I played through it again, quickly.

When I got to the hotel, I went straight to the intercom mini-game without examining any other area. It played through with no problems. I don't know if this helped or if I just got lucky on the reload. The game seems fine for now although I am following the excellent instructions for copying a back-up save.

Note: because it is such a large file game and takes a while to DL, I had a few other programs running while it was downloading. This time, I closed out everything else and left it alone. Again, I have no idea if this helped.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 12:34:58 AM PST

madragone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by madragone on Oct 16, 10 3:50 AM
I'm having the same problem as lots of other fishes, mailbox is closed and now I can't get the keys to the first aid cabinet!! I really don't want to play right from the start again - have had no other issues in the gane which from reading the other posts is very lucky. I think it's really poor for this to happen in a CE game - is there going to be a 'fix' soon?

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Oct 16, 10 4:12 AM
flowerchild44 wrote:hi djrum 525,
the only way i could fix it was to skip the puzzle...bummer as was the only skip in the whole game...but at least i could get the dam record!! have to say am really enjoying this game!

That's exactly what I did!! With bated breath, 'cause when my buttons wouldn't work at the intercom I hit skip and lost my inventory bar, menu and had to ctrl, alt, del to exit the game. Then had to restart!
I managed to finish the game w/o further tech problems but in the bonus section, I ran into another glitch, hit skip and continued on.
Despite the 'you have to do things in proper order or you will be penalized with a do-over' I really enjoyed this game!!!
Note to game designers at Elephant Games: Please DO NOT penalize us again like that in your next game! It's very frustrating having to restart just because we didn't follow YOUR proper order!!

Xen33
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Xen33 on Oct 16, 10 4:44 AM
I have the same problem as jeannieD. Have all hidden objects , it then froze. If I hit the hints the frog jumps off the hint and nothing happens, game stuck there, can't do anything but close game. Tried twice re-installing game. Have contacted tech support. Now just waiting. This is really bad for a CE, never had a problem like this with a CE in the past. Hope it is fixed soon, was enjoying it and only bought it this morning. Having read through all the other problems with this game, my concern now is related to playing the game through at al, there seems to be so many problems with it.

Xen 33

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Oct 16, 10 8:56 AM
How do I open the soundtrack, wall paper, etc?

Paws

[Post New]by 1_spring_chicken on Oct 16, 10 10:37 AM
I have closed all the boxes in the vault area and still am unable to pick up the record.

[Post New]by arkygamer on Oct 16, 10 11:07 AM
blackgsd wrote:"I went to play the intercom mini game at the hotel and I couldn't move the buttons. I then waited for the skip button to charge, hit that and lost my inventory, menu bars etc. Couldn't even exit out of the game!"

And it happened to me. I feel like a beta tester.

Same thing here! I like the game. It's frustrating to have to alt/ctrl/del to get out of the game. Menu, task bar, hints and inventory all disappear when I start into 'VOID' area where monster is.

[Post New]by shagberg on Oct 16, 10 11:15 AM
katejoe999 wrote:I've been having a fine old time with this game but seem to have hit a glitch. I went to play the intercom mini game at the hotel and I couldn't move the buttons. I then waited for the skip button to charge, hit that and lost my inventory, menu bars etc. Couldn't even exit out of the game! Not good for a CE!!

I have the exact same problem. I restarted and now the menu bar and inventory items do not even appear.

Is there a fix coming?

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 11:16:33 AM PST

[Post New]by chefchar56 on Oct 16, 10 12:30 PM
have the tape and recorder put the step ladder down looked in window came back down to use recorder cannot re access woman in room to place recorder on the scene...

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Oct 16, 10 1:12 PM
I completed everything up to the point of trying to set the knobs on the intercom to get into the hotel. I can't turn the knobs! I've even figured out the numbers for the equation! Clicking on the dials does nothing. Clicking on the numbers just gives me a message about having to turn on the intercom.

[Post New]by tinpeg on Oct 16, 10 2:07 PM

I'm having the same problem.

[Post New]by kbs2652 on Oct 16, 10 2:58 PM
ChocCherry wrote:I'm at the hotel after the tram and my menu bar disappeared at the bottom. I'm really getting tired of issues with games. I've bought many, many games but the problems lately are way too many.

Same problem. These new games seem to have a lot of problems.

[Post New]by to44ni on Oct 16, 10 3:14 PM
I have loaded and reinstalled this game several times, but it won't start for me. Very frustrating!

Go to: