judithd
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by judithd on May 15, 11 8:29 PM
I choose HOGS because that's the closest thing to adventure I can get. HOGS and Adventures are classed together, so I do a lot of searching before I purchase. There just aren't that many out there. I'm thinking of Syberia and the like. I would like to see something similar, but not large file, and with a few **** in them.

judithd
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by judithd on May 15, 11 10:02 PM
I played the demo for a half hour. This is an example of too much HOG. It doesn't forward the plot fast enough. Every step you take there is another **** scene. I'd rather have more puzzles or mysteries to solve.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Sep 10, 11 10:25 AM
This one was another nice little game, a lot of areas to cover, puzzles were good,some easy, some not so easy. The note guide was a good helper,and the hint button made no need for a walkthrough. Quite refreshing!

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Review and Comments

[Post New]by chickenjools on Nov 22, 11 11:17 AM
SMQMC wrote:Hannah57 - I can't imagine why you keep looking at HOGS but don't want any Hidden Objects!! What kind of game is a HOG after all? There are many other kinds to choose from: Action, Match 3, Arcades, Cards, Words, Puzzles, etc., etc. There are those of us who love HOGS and look in the Hidden Object area of the Big Fish Games to select. Even if you receive a HOG in your e-mail, it will tell you up front that it's a Hidden Object Game. When it says that, just don't open it up!! Easy fix to not playing any more HOGS!

The issue is that so many hidden object games are listed in the 'Adventure' game section too. Go to the Adventure section and see how many of them are actually hidden objects games.

I don't like hidden object scenes either but find that I have to put up with them as they appear to be an integral part of adventure games.

It's down to the developers to accurately describe the games they offer. If there are hidden object scenes they should say so. If there are more hidden objects than adventure or puzzles then say so.

This game seems to be one hidden object after another. It is very tedious. The graphics are fine and it seems nice and bright but I was far too bored to finish it.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Nov 23, 11 11:32 AM
Actually I didn't think this game was all that bad.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Nov 26, 11 9:37 PM
I remember trying this game when it was released, but forgot to buy it at the time However, I have now bought it as it was on sale, and thoroughly enjoyed it - head scratching, checking the walkthrough and all, lol.

What really surprised me (pleasantly, lol) was the amount of detail in the journal! I kept wondering if this was supposed to be a CE! As for length, I found the 6 chapters took me several hours to play - probably between 5 and 6 - perhaps even a bit longer.

Definitely value for money as far as I am concerned

Jen

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Dec 3, 11 12:42 PM
enjoyed the game . have to agree with all of the comments..

[Post New]by mongo551 on Dec 19, 12 8:51 AM
I have thouroughly enjoyed this game even though there were some rough spots there and I finally took my head out of my behind and really used the tools that are provided in the game. I found that when one is trying to do anything in one of the tasks, it is imperitive that you place the cursor exactly on the item in question to make it work. I also found that things have to be done in order to make them work, Don't take any shortcuts with the tasks to save time.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jul 1, 13 1:01 PM
finished was a fun little game for me enjoyed it.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Aug 2, 13 11:25 AM
Wasn't particularly fond of this game. I found the graphics grainy, the story a bit boring, and the hidden objects scenes just kinda jumbled together. Great from a HOG standpoint if you just want to find things without much of a story to follow. This one just didn't appeal to me at all.

Go to: