_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Column of the Maya

[Post New]by _DD_ on Oct 18, 10 12:44 PM
OK, so I was forewarned from here about the sugar cubes and the pen on the chair, but I don't find this game so horrible. The items weren't so terribly small here - THAT prize still goes to the Wizard of Oz-game!! - dunno, as someone else mentioned, maybe it has to do with a bigger monitor? (not that I see that as consolation or suggestion, just an idea for an explanation, as there are so many negative reviews) Agree, the tutorial is a joke, yet again misclick penalty, and def. need to click precisely on the items - and then, always these ppl getting lost (rofl, Poutoule!). But hints reload fast, colourful game, I personally don't mind STD's, the jigsaw was even good, and an OK-Story so far. I'll consider it as DD.
BTW, did anyone also notice these time indications (1:47 AM or so) on the chapter starting banners? reminds me of the Life of Brian movie.

Goofyduck, I'm still memorizing your categories of light-this, adv-and-hog-or-puzzle, can't be in vain, so don't you DARE to change your reviews! by one voice only?! and all our silent thank-you's are worth nothing?!

A propos: thank you, CasualGran, for a certain msg in this thread, also for holding back. Wouldn't want your msg to be deleted...

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Oct 18, 10 12:54 PM
doctorgood wrote:
CasualGran wrote:
vickie39 wrote:
......The problem seems to me to be "foreign" developers. How bout BUY AMERICAN?

Oh my.... I hoped never having to see a one-sided comment like this on the forums. But... here is one, written in capital letters even.

Vickie39, I disagree TOTALLY. And I would exactly write why, if it wouldn't be agianst the BF rules for these forums... Man.... fracking unbelievable...

Yeah, I agree CasualGran. I agreed with her on my reply to her post about what a horrible game it was .The other I let slide because I didn't want to get into trouble. (I think I'm already on "double secret" probation. The American thing.......the planet is too small and we're here for such a short time. There just isn't room in my life for people bashing based on where they live on this orb or what color they are or.........there just isn't room for it for any reason.
Dr.good

CasualGran..........I hate it when you're right all the time!

Thanks to all the Fishies that have stood up for equality. @ Dr. Good - I couldn't have said it better myself and @CasualGran - maybe more people need your wisdom, insight and heart. - LOL at your word fracking - never heard that one.

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 1:10:37 PM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 18, 10 1:53 PM
snapnhiss wrote:
goofyduck77 wrote:I was told my reviews are too long so I'll try to keep it shorter without too many details...

Are you serious? You're one of the most valuable posters here precisely because of your detailed and well written critiques. I don't know who told you that but I'd ignore such an asinine comment.

Ditto to that, as I already told goofy in my PM

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Oct 18, 10 2:20 PM
I played 20 minutes and it's horrible. The screens are dark and clues are very hard to find and so small.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 18, 10 2:23 PM
Not for me...

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Oct 18, 10 2:25 PM
no buy here..game is awful

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Oct 18, 10 3:06 PM
OMG! You've got to be kidding. This is the worse game I have seen so far that is a large file. The music..........the graphics........the story line........... & are sugar cubes black? We must be reaching into the bottom of the barrel, I couldn't take five minutes of it.
For those of you that DO like this, I'm sorry for being so hard. I was just surprised, that's all. I expected better.
I still have my two free games and have not found anything worth spending them on.

*double sigh*

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Oct 18, 10 3:44 PM
sniffll wrote:...And ditto, ditto, ditto all of you who are sick and tired of the story line and ugly, two dimensional looking graphics (like a piece of Denny's bacon)...

I like Denny's bacon.

meegg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by meegg on Oct 18, 10 4:00 PM
definite NO Buy for me. i thought this game was just plain lame.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 18, 10 4:13 PM
Basically agree with goofyduck, don't love it, but
certainly don't hate it. Far from the worst I've ever
played.

Graphics for me were clear in the center and
fade to fuzzzy at the sides. Some indeed waaaaay
too small and if near the edge, forget it.
Thought it was creative and different in the way they
had you find the island. Played out the full demo, and
wondering if there will be another flashback to see
how and why he was holding her at gunpoint.

Would buy at DD, but will have to think about using
a credit on it.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 18, 10 4:15 PM
Forgot to add, for those who love STD's (abbr. still makes me giggle),
you'll probably hate the ones in here. I'm terrible at them and I
wizzed through these.

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Oct 18, 10 4:19 PM
So sorry BF, but this game really bit!!!! I've played some bad games but this one I think wins the award for just plain ugh!!!!!!!! All I can say is try it for yourself!

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Oct 18, 10 4:20 PM
doctorgood wrote: to everything that's been said negative about this thing plus...it's cheap and tawdry. They actually use double entendres of a sexual nature more than once. (they can do that in a game and we can't refer to a game as a **** (HOG) !) The attempt at humor is even more feeble than mine! The music reminds me of the last piano bar I was in. (I only stayed there 15 min. also) The first puzzle I came to was a "spot the difference". (are we allowed to call them STD's ? ) The things that were different were very small and fuzzy. If you think you saw a dust bunny under the book case it was actually a thermos or binoculars or something. AAAAAH!!! Feel free to try this "game"........but you have been warned!
Dr.good
p.s. Oh yeah,it's your basic"find grampa who is lost somewhere on the planet" scenario but with a twist, you also have a dirty talking Latino gentleman chasing you!
GIVE ME A BREAK!

TY Dr. - I didn't get too far before I had enough and I was clicking so quickly I thot I must have misread what he said - PLEASE -we do not want this crap

and what's with the graphics - some of it looked like they didn't finish the set - just kinda' hanging in space - BAD BAD BAD

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 4:25:16 PM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Oct 18, 10 4:38 PM
I lasted 15 minutes into this game and finally had to quit. I was very bored. Maybe some day I'll go back and finish it up, but not any time soon. The graphics are fair. The problem is that the hidden objects are so small, it is very difficult to see what is what. Yes, the hint button does recharge rather quickly, but who wants to sit there all day and just click the hint button?

The storyline wasn't interesting to me either. Another archaelogist on another quest with the bad guy chasing her. I feel like I've played this game/storyline before. Sorry, but not for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 18, 10 4:50 PM
I have to agree with all the negative comments of the game. This is definely not a good hog- graphic is bad, items are almost invisible (graphic is very dark and items are often tiny). Storyline is okay. The game is simple not fun to play. No buy for me

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 4:50:32 PM PST

bfogc
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bfogc on Oct 18, 10 4:56 PM
I really like this game and almost half-way through!Someone PLEASE put up a walkthrough soon!Thanks!

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 4:57:53 PM PST

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Oct 18, 10 5:16 PM
This time I'm in total agreement with most of you - yuck! Tiny objects, even with hints so hard to find I found myself just clicking randomly to see if I could hit on the items. Hate the innuendos. Love Mayan stuff - what a letdown. It's ok, though - I needed to play the games I already have - almost caught up now. What an awful game!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Oct 18, 10 5:28 PM
It does have a bit of a different flavor to it but not as bad as these reviews would have you believe. Give it a try.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 18, 10 5:41 PM
well, I gave it a try.....and lasted exactly 12 minutes......no thank you. I don't like the graphics, a lot of the objects are way too small (and I have good eye sight), that elevator music......gawd.......definite not a buy.

cjmajor49
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by cjmajor49 on Oct 18, 10 5:43 PM
Well, I have to agree with the majority of posts I've read on this game. It's pretty bad in several ways. Definitely not a purchase for me.

Go to: