Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bernat54 on Nov 1, 10 5:08 PM

I have tried to play this game twice and the saved file is corrupted and shuts down the game and my saved game is gone. Is there any fix for this, I am very disappointed with this game.

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by MLC60 on Nov 1, 10 6:17 PM
After I finished the regular part of the game, the credits started to roll, and roll, and roll. After they started rolling for the third time, I did alt-control-delete to get out of the game. I went back in so I could play the extra content, and it did the same thing again. I did enjoy the game, especially since it didn't have any smart aleck remarks when I made a mistake.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Got it sorted at basement door freeze up ....

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Nov 1, 10 7:01 PM
Restarted the game, went back to the basement, picked up the brush, put the chalk in the poison and looked at the brain pix on the wall and octopus etching in the drawer at the desk.

Then, instead of going to the sparkly area at the basement door, i went BACK to the house and saved the people ... going to the basement door comes later after performing certain tasks.

So its not necessarily the game that's at fault but the ORDER tasks need to be completed i think at this stage of the game..

Its a great game and I am thoroughly enjoying the challenges and the funny humour as well as the scary bits. I can relate to the fears of some of those patients!

I would buy the next instalment no probs..

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Nov 2, 10 1:50 PM
I've had the game fail 4 times on me - I'm really unhappy as I hate collecting eyeballs and going through that front door. I don't agree that it's the order of completing the tasks as I have had the game fail on me in totally different sections.

bfgfan25
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by bfgfan25 on Nov 2, 10 2:39 PM
I played it at first with no problems at all, but now when I try to reopen it, I get the "access violation" error message and it won't open. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game, rebooting the computer, and uninstalling/reinstalling the game manager. I'm currently waiting to hear back from customer service. I really hope it gets fixed because I found the game very enjoyable so far.

[Post New]by boredwidow on Nov 2, 10 2:49 PM
I didn't have any of the problems that everyone seems to be having with this game. The only trouble that I had was after I downloaded the game it was not full screen so I shut down and it came back up full screen and did not have any problems after that.
I really enjoyed this one.

reneesenn
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by reneesenn on Nov 2, 10 3:49 PM
I got 3/4 ways through the game when it suddenly did the (way too common now) file corrupted thing. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and turned off the custom cursor and was able to make it all the way through. Don't know if that'll help anyone.

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Nov 2, 10 5:21 PM
Is anyone actually getting any help from BF on their problems? I tried the tech chat and they asked we take it to email. After several back and forth emails telling me the standard update this and that program I haven't heard from them again. Just hoping others have had better luck.

[Post New]by ForHim58 on Nov 2, 10 8:28 PM
Having the corrupt save file message and also had it with Black Cat. And that was such a great game. Did not even bother to report it to Tech Support.

[Post New]by pSyCHoSpiLLeR on Nov 2, 10 9:29 PM
I've had two problems: the spider pieces will not rotate in the first room on the right and I crash after entering the room behind the book case when I clicked on the sparkling door at the bottom center of the frame. I have run dozens of BF games on my machine with no problems: Asus P6T with 12 Gig of memory running on a disk partition with XP SP3 on I7 processor.

reneesenn
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by reneesenn on Nov 3, 10 5:21 AM
pSyCHoSpiLLeR, I don't know about the crashing issue, but I had trouble with the spider pieces. I didn't know you had to set them down in the puzzle before you could spin them. I kept trying to spin them on the edges.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 3, 10 5:46 AM
This is now for the 4th time that de game crash.

BIGFISH, why don't you do nothing???

[Post New]by pookie43026 on Nov 3, 10 10:10 AM
When I go to see Tim, there is no puzzle to play therefore I can not get the mallet which I need to break the light. I can go no further with the game. Every time I click on the hint button, I'm told there is nothing more I can do anywhere I go. Any suggestions???

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 3, 10 10:33 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in to thank you all for posting your issues and for writing in to Tech Support. We are currently looking into a couple issues with the game and will post in the Game Forum if there are any updates.

If you have any further questions about your purchase, please get in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

kosmo999
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kosmo999 on Nov 3, 10 11:43 AM
I too cannot get the game to run..I reinstalled..updated Dx...updated my video driver , but to no avail.I have contacted tech support and am waiting for a reply.

[Post New]by mbetty1976 on Nov 4, 10 10:12 AM

I take it you have had no help with this issue i just experienced that my self. And would like to finish the game now!

xenawonderwoman wrote:
xenawonderwoman wrote:Help!
I purchased this game without downloading the trial version and I loved it right away! Have been playing all day without any problems. Then.....
I'm at the point where I'm in room #6, persecuted man, and the strategy guide says to cut the wires about the mans head (near tv monitor) I did that, with the wire cutters, and he's supposed to be freed and give me the eye puzzle. Well, I waited and clicked but nothing happens! He doesnt give me anything and doesnt change his status at all , everything stays the same, he doesnt move, I cant get to the next stage, (going through the electric fence) until I complete this. I have to cut off the electricity somehow. I cant get the cutters back and I've tried exiting the game but nothing changes.
I hope this can be corrected.I really like this game its the kind I dont mind spending a little extra.....if it works! I really dont want to have to start this from the beginning since I've progressed so far.
Thank you!

Please, I need a reply to this problem. I would really like to continue with this game, but I am still stuck as I've described above. Really appreciate a reply!!!
Thanks!!!

[Post New]by ecraigs on Nov 4, 10 7:45 PM
I get to the mausoleum and put the pictures of the mother and daughter together. The pieces lock in place and then nothing. Skip is locked out as is inventory.

bugon1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bugon1 on Nov 6, 10 4:13 PM
bunmum wrote:i didnt even get to try this game, downloaded it, and when i tried to play the screen just flicks oni ALSO HAVE THIS PROBLEM i AM RUNNING WINDOWS 7 and off, i have to reboot

bugon1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bugon1 on Nov 6, 10 4:15 PM
bunmum wrote:i didnt even get to try this game, downloaded it, and when i tried to play the screen just flicks on and off, i have to reboot

I HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND I AM USIING WINDOWS 7. i HAVE UNINSTALLING AND REDOWNLOADED BUT NO HELP

magshev
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by magshev on Nov 6, 10 6:29 PM
debdeb11 wrote:I am curious if any of you who have the corrupted file issue have also played Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat. I own the CE of that game, and had the exact same issue. Technical support was not able to resolve the issue for me, nor for dozens of others. They did offer a refund, but inferred that a fix would likely be coming from ERS Game Studios at some point. That was over a month ago, and no fix has yet happened. Because this game is made by the same developers - ERS - I am concerned about having this problem again. So far 30 min. into the Haunted Halls demo I am okay & have had no crashes. But I am reluctant to purchase if I know people are having the same issue on this game as I did with The Black Cat. So out of curiosity, has anyone tried Black Cat & been fine, but then crashing/corrupt saved games on this game? Or have you had the same problem on both games?

Yes I had the same problems with EAP The Black Cat (trial on CE edition) and now having the same problem with this game, only 35mins into trial and got "save game etc corrupted" I have never had problems before. Tec support asked for loads of information including Dr Fox, which i sent. Got a reply and credit as goodwill gesture. Uninstalled EAP and waited until the SE came out, bought it and it played fine until about 3/4 of the way only to have that same ********message come up, I sent another message to tec and got a reply wanting all the information again......I just could not be bothered with all the hassle and left it, but I will now get back to them about both games. I am using windows 7 on my laptop and it has all the required spec for playing games. Lets hope I get this sorted as they are def games I would like to have. I suggest you get in touch with them, the more people that have issues and report them the better. Hope you get your problems resolved.

Edited on 11/06/2010 at 6:50:31 PM PST

Go to: