robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for 3 Days - Amulet Secret

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 10 12:16 AM
Were you talking about the Blog Walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games? Because it says a bit more than that--it gives the instructions for the puzzle as well.

As for why the screenshot is shown as being a "possible solution," mouse over the next line for the spoiler answer:

Because you're giving each of the three sections equal weight, you could put the items in a different order, or swap the entire left column for the entire right column, and still succeed in getting the three arrows to line up horizontally. So that's why there are a number of possible solutions.

Robin

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 4, 10 12:35 AM
robin94122 wrote:Were you talking about the Blog Walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games? Because it says a bit more than that--it gives the instructions for the puzzle as well.

As for why the screenshot is shown as being a "possible solution," mouse over the next line for the spoiler answer:

Because you're giving each of the three sections equal weight, you could put the items in a different order, or swap the entire left column for the entire right column, and still succeed in getting the three arrows to line up horizontally. So that's why there are a number of possible solutions.

Robin

Yes it was the walkthrough, of course/ LOL!
Thank you again for your reply. I thought that there would be a relevance as to why 3 items would be together. i.e modern items, rope and hook etc. Just me . Anyway I have bought it and will be playing later. Do you do the walkthroughs? I noticed your thread on todays TGT.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 10 1:13 AM
I'm one of several people who write walkthroughs for Big Fish Games. Most recently I did the walkthroughs for this game, Mystery Age: the Dark Priests, and Robin's Quest. Marvelous MargieB gives out the assignments and we do them some time before the games get published, so it's just a coincidence that I had two so close together this week.

More spoilers about the Tibet puzzle:

I might be wrong, but I think they're just arranged by weight for that puzzle. You can see the columns go up and down as you add and remove items and the dialogue clue was that you needed to find enough heavy items to hold the stones down.

Robin

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Nov 4, 10 4:22 AM
Just another to Goofyduck! Also, I loved Zoo Mystery so will try this, but not too keen on sacrificing animals.

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Nov 4, 10 4:57 AM
Please don't be put by the game just because of the first 5 or 10 min. This is a very interesting game with lots of different types of puzzles. Some I couldn't work but most of them I could. I am really enjoying this game. It was a buy for me and I am glad I did!!! [u]

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on Nov 4, 10 6:56 AM
After reading a good portion of the reviews from other members, I officially feel like an idiot!!

First thing I noticed was that it took FOREVER to load the game. I can deal with that without pulling my hair out.

Maybe I've been up too long or something, but I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. I didn't see any tutorial, no hint buttons, nuffin, lol. So it loads and this gal takes me to Stonehenge, I thought cool, I've always been fascinated with that. So I get there and my cursor is an umbrella??? Really, an umbrella!!! I finally figured out that I was supposed to locate the items at the bottom of the screen. After moving my "umbrella" (sorry, I just can't get over that one, lmao) around, finally a message pops up and tells me that I can move things when my cursor turns into a hand. Ok, so I finally find all the items. Next it wanted me to place them in their correct places. Of course, when I click on one, the little preview window popped up and of course, I grab the item and try to place it in the vicinity the little "clue box" indicates. Could not for the life of me get any of the items to go anywhere.

So, long story short, I only lasted about 7 or 8 minutes, decided to go back and see if I missed some instruction tab or something. Nope, still no instructions. Needless to say, I'm not impressed with this one. I honestly don't think I've ever run into a game quite like this one before...and I've been a member on here for a few years.

So I click on the exit button and voila!!! The game freezes on me. The custom cursor was frozen on the yes button when it asked if I was sure I wanted to exit. I guess they really wanted me to reconsider this one, lol. Had an error window pop up and wound up having to open my Task Manager to close this bad boy down.

Again, maybe I've turned into an idiot overnight, heaven help me if I have....then again, I could be free entertainment for somebody that's bored, lol.

Let me end by saying that I'm not whining or sitting here crying the blues about this game. Last time I "attempted" to insert my humor, I got a thorough hand slapping, lol.

Really though, an umbrella!!! Roflmao....I can only imagine what my cursor would have turned into if I'd managed to get anywhere with this game.

Some, it's not much of a review, but hopefully someone will appreciate my twisted sense of humor! I hope the rest of you have fun with this one. I'll try another!

[Post New]by redladywolf55 on Nov 4, 10 7:12 AM
puzzledone wrote:
margatonian wrote:Wonderful Review Goofyduck !!!!
I always read your reviews they are so detailed and informative, don't take any notice of the negative comments that have been posted in the last few days ,we really appreciate your time and efforts !!!!
Margatonian

Zooey2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Zooey2 on Nov 4, 10 7:28 AM
Played the demo for 1/2 hour but it didn't pique my interest - too simplistic.

[Post New]by Angie0211 on Nov 4, 10 7:46 AM
can someone tell me where my activation code is to activate my game i bought

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 10 8:24 AM
The reason the cursor is an umbrella at Stonehenge is because it's raining! Seriously.

If you look carefully, you'll see that the area of the screen below your umbrella is "dry," meaning it's a little brighter than the surrounding areas because no raindrops are falling on it.

As you move the around, you are slightly lighting up different sections of the scene.

It's easy to miiss because our eyes are mostly used to looking above the point of the cursor from other games. But it's a clever effect once you realize it's there.

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 10 8:26 AM
Angie0211 wrote:can someone tell me where my activation code is to activate my game i bought

Big Fish Games doesn't use activation codes--the Game Manager keeps track of which games have been activated.

If you're having any trouble getting the game to show as Activated, contact Customer Service by clicking on the green envelope in the right column of this page. They will be able to help you.

Good luck!
Robin

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Nov 4, 10 12:25 PM
I enjoyed this game quite a bit - it was very simple, but good for a mindless afternoon's play.

The thing that I disliked - and this game is hardly the sole exception - was the clunky way the plot moved. For example, just after the heroine escapes from the police, she immediately breaks into a merchant's shop. She doesn't do this at night, or when nobody's looking - she does it in broad daylight - and then proceeds to act like the merchant and sell things to tourists.

Immediately after that, she heads to the professor's house, finds he's gone to Tibet, and proceeds to "pack his things" for him - wouldn't the professor have already taken whatever he wanted with him to Tibet? Does he really need his orange bicycle helmet and and rusty old teapot with him there?

A good game overall, but a glaring example of why I rarely read the storylines that go along with these games.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Nov 4, 10 3:24 PM
Love peoples reviews, but some are too long! Scroll scroll, get past the long winded wordings and go straight to the short and sweet! Thanks to all who offer short and sweet!

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Nov 4, 10 3:29 PM
I almost uninstalled at the animal sacrifice scene. That was horrible. But went on to see what the game had to offer. The simple answer? Nothing.

I did not like having to click an arrow to move from scene to scene. I didn't think the graphics were all that great and found the game to be trite.

I didn't play the whole demo...not worth my time and I really hated the animal sacrifice scene. That wasn't necessary

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Nov 4, 10 4:10 PM
biomix wrote:Yes, that was a bit of a turn off wasn't it?
I agree. But for me, not enough to pass up this beautiful game.
So refreshing after what I considered a very slow month.
The graphics are crisp and clear.
Plays on my big screen.
The hint system recharges quickly which I love.
A point penalty is given if you use a hint.
No penalty for random clicking.
I played for only 30 minutes so only came across one mini/puzzle and liked it.
Not very hard in my opinion but just lovely.
Definitely a buy for me. Off to use my coupon.
I would recommend trying this game.

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Nov 4, 10 4:16 PM
I find this game unbelieveably slow.It jumps and starts.As a point of information,there is a penalty of 10secs if random clicking.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Nov 4, 10 4:40 PM
Cartoon bad guys sacrificing cartoon animals is offensive? Umm, OK. I hope the people who are offended are all vegetarian, or if not only eat organic free range animals that are humanely slaughtered. Do they know what happens in a slaughterhouse? At least the cartoon priests weren't eviscerating and skinning animals that were still alive....

I liked this game. It has some good mini puzzles that are a bit different from the usual, which is a nice change.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 10 5:53 PM
gallaghermaryg wrote:I find this game unbelieveably slow.It jumps and starts.As a point of information,there is a penalty of 10secs if random clicking.

I believe it's minus 10 points from your score, not minus 10 seconds. There's no timer in the game, and you'd definitely notice a 10 second freeze if it occurred.

Robin

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Nov 4, 10 9:58 PM
Goofyduck---Please ignore anyone who looks or writes negatively at your reviews. PHHHT!(raspberry noise) to them! I too enjoy your reviews and appreciate the time you spend posting them. This is the game forum and this is what it's all about!

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 9:59:16 PM PST

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Nov 5, 10 6:10 AM
margatonian wrote:Wonderful Review Goofyduck !!!!
I always read your reviews they are so detailed and informative, don't take any notice of the negative comments that have been posted in the last few days ,we really appreciate your time and efforts !!!!
Margatonian

Agree 100%. No one is forced to read the long reviews if they don't want to so I don't understand the complaints.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to play the games and then review them for those of use who want to read them.

Go to: