roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by roaming on Feb 29, 12 2:07 AM
Horrid, horrid, horrid HOS scenes! The scenes are muddy, dusty and dirty. Objects are so well hidden they're very, very hard to find. Some of the objects are impossible to find, even with the hint. The hint button takes about 5 minutes to refill (it feels more like 10), so if you still can't find the object after using a hint, you'll want to tear your hair out waiting for the next one. It becomes a huge waste of time resulting in extreme boredom. I decided to give up after about three hours. I can't believe I fell for all the hoopla and bought this game.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 9, 12 5:25 PM
Love this game and its walk on the dark side!! Sooo cool with the continuation of the obsessive unrequited love theme… pure insanity and total intrigue.

The graphic are beautifully done, wonderful depictions of decline and decay…. Sound effects are fitting to the scenes at hand. There are many hidden object scenes some are repeat scenes but have different objects to collect. The soundtrack is well-fitted to the scenes .

The mini games are different than the norm and can be quite challenging. Walkthrough can be helpful with these for sure because the Hint button takes a long time the recharge. You can skip a puzzle but you have to wait a looooonng time to do so.

There is a vesion of “Wack the Gopher” that was a total waste for me… could get anywhere with it… total pain.

Other then the couple of the above mentioned aggravating issue, the game is one of the best I’ve played…. Quite replayable, a real fantastic game !!

[Post New]by caroldavis on Mar 22, 12 9:50 AM
Toy Store - Telephone: What if there are no bugs on the phone to spray bug repellant on?

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 10, 12 4:05 AM
roaming wrote:Horrid, horrid, horrid HOS scenes! The scenes are muddy, dusty and dirty. Objects are so well hidden they're very, very hard to find. Some of the objects are impossible to find, even with the hint. The hint button takes about 5 minutes to refill (it feels more like 10), so if you still can't find the object after using a hint, you'll want to tear your hair out waiting for the next one. It becomes a huge waste of time resulting in extreme boredom. I decided to give up after about three hours. I can't believe I fell for all the hoopla and bought this game.

Okay, so three months later, I came back to this game. I promise you, DO NOT buy this game unless you're willing to buy the strategy guide. I have been trying to solve one puzzle (the phone) for which there is no skipping for hours now. There's a "solution" in another thread which I copied down but it still isn't working.

I give up.

I don't know who the people are who are giving this such wonderful reviews. Maybe they are basing their reviews on just the demo.

TexasAnn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by TexasAnn on May 15, 12 11:58 AM
I'm wondering if everyone else played the same game I did. I played the demo out to the end, and I was glad when it was over. I hate this game. The hidden object scenes are so dingy even if I'm staring directly at an object, I don't see it. The hint takes FOREVER to refill. It is impossible to figure out what to do half the time.

I found the mini-games relatively easy, and the story seems to be interesting, but this is a no-buy for me.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 25, 12 7:46 AM
this MCF game has become different that the others and we love it.---doug & lisa

[Post New]by cjc_38555 on Jun 26, 12 7:04 PM
I really do not like this game. I bought it and have tried and tried to get through it. All it does is give me a headache. There is no direction, the hint button is pretty much useless and it adds time to your total game playing time. If I had it to do over, I would not use my money on this game.

[Post New]by rebelandsmokey on Oct 19, 12 6:21 AM
Really good game, struggled abit but once i found what i had to do with the fireplace it all fell into place. Great graphics and story line. Looking forward to playing escape ravenharst.

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Nov 3, 12 6:04 PM
So, I bought all the MCF games and have just started completing them one by one from the first game onwards. I have to write a review for this one, it was such a blast. It has taken me 8 and a half hours without any skips and i have thoroughly enjoyed it. You do have to go here there and everywhere to work out what to do next but up to now this is the best MCF so far. I can only imagine that they get better and better, so I am off to play my next one......Dire Grove......enjoy people

vacsid1
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by vacsid1 on Nov 11, 12 8:57 AM
First video game I've ever purchased, and it was worth the money (in spite of WAT!). Hated that and finally skipped it. I'm going to try Escape next time. You've made me a fan of BF. Excellent job, beautifully done by all of you.

[Post New]by Birdytoes on Dec 1, 12 12:44 AM
WHY is there no walk through link to click on for this game ?? Where the heck is the strategy guide ??

[Post New]by playready on Feb 1, 13 9:03 AM
I just bought the game and I can't get past the Well in the front yard and the puzzle ove the fireplace. For some reason it just doesn't click in my brain. I've never had this much trouble with a game before They don't build up your inventory like a lot of games and it makes it harder to go through the screens. Can someone give me a hint? Thanks!!! Game Addict!!!!

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Mar 4, 13 9:03 PM
sorry, but I think it's a terrible game, you can hardly see the objects, far too dark and the hint button takes forever
I regret buying this game

[Post New]by deb1022 on Mar 8, 14 9:17 AM
I am sorry...I do not like the game as you do not have any idea what to do or where to go...wished I had never spent the money....sorry...haven't even made it into any of the rooms but the fireplace room and have no clue what to do...just is not entertaining any more...

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by shearer9 on Apr 13, 14 10:13 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by shearer9 on Apr 13, 14 10:16 AM
This is my favourite game ever i have lost count how many times i have completed it.Played loads of other games but would love to find another game as good as this one . .So if anyone can recommend one i would be happy to give it a go cheers

[Post New]by peanutlee33 on Sep 27, 14 6:42 AM
I love mystery strategy games like Ravenhearst. But this series truly takes the cake. This is both good, and bad.

This game is so upside down, it's too easy to get lost or stuck. And an HO area or two doesn't always deliver the next or needed clue piece. This happened to me twice now. Interrupting my game play with the Forum, instead of the convenience of solving it myself. Huge game peeve.

Thankfully there are detailed walkthroughs to help you along. Otherwise, I give Ravenhearst series a B-

Go to: