bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 24, 13 12:47 PM
Aarhus wrote:I am now able to load RTR but it is through the projector, and as administrator. It still runs in the small window.

Hi Aarhus,

I'm sorry you're still having trouble with your game!

The issue with the small screen is one that our Tech Support Team should be able to help out with, as there are a few steps to go through to get that resolved.

If you haven't already done so, please write in to them through the Contact Us page, letting them know about the steps you've taken already and how the game is displaying now. They'll get back to you as soon as they can to start working on this with you!

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 03/24/2013 at 12:47:51 PM PST

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Aarhus on Mar 28, 13 11:46 AM
Thank You bfgMonongahela. Actually I am back to the error that I had before. My computer crashed and I had to do a restore to a previous point in time. I have the lastest version of flash player installed as well as shockwave, but cannot load projector this time.

I will contact Tech support to see if they can help.

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Apr 1, 13 9:50 AM
The new fix hasn't helped me either even with Admin privilege and the projector.

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Apr 2, 13 7:55 AM
Customer Support has been contacted

Update

I de/reinstalled again

then

(I have to do it each time I play the game)

I just change the screen resolution and check the widescreen option in the game and it fills the screen.

Edited on 04/03/2013 at 2:31:25 PM PST

[Post New]by Aarhus on Apr 18, 13 1:07 PM
update -- haven't been into game mode for a while, but I am able to load and play RTR. I am again running the game in projector and outside game manager. The small game window is still an issue, but I have not tried to change the screen resolution since this is the only game that has that problem.

[Post New]by kvalentine3 on Jun 7, 13 7:29 AM
Playing the android version on at&t HTC one & the screen constantly flips upside no matter how I rotate my phone. So frustrated because I want to buy the full version, but I won't with this bug!

[Post New]by jassyb on Jun 9, 13 10:02 PM
I recently purchased I'm missing the hidden object scene where you get the screwdriver so what can be done about it can I have my money back or can you fix the problem

coral3818
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by coral3818 on Aug 3, 13 12:28 PM
lost the knife that gets sharpened to open up the teddy bear. what do i do now.

[Post New]by MCFAdam on Aug 26, 13 1:54 PM
I'm literally stuck at one point in the game. There's nothing left to do!

So, I finished the puzzle with the gargoyle statues and the gem, and then the kasket with the twins showed up, I opened it, and then when the cut scene was supposed to start, my game froze. I could only move my mouse, and still hear the cut scene music, I couldn't pause. I was certain that I was frozen, so I closed the game, and then opened it again. I loaded my file, and pressed Play to find that the kasket was open, so I missed the cut scene.

The BAD PART though, is that I didn't get a new chapter in my case report, so I simply CAN'T PROCEED AND FURTHER IN THE GAME. I've beaten this game before, and I know that after you save the twins, you get the next typewriter key on the toy-store first floor. BUT I CAN'T, THE SPARKLES AREN'T THERE, SO I CAN'T FIND THE TYPEWRITER KEY AND PROCEED FURTHER INTO THE GAME! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

I hope I don't have to play-through again, because for that run I didn't skip any puzzles, which was hard for me...

[Post New]by TXMichael on Sep 2, 13 4:52 PM
I am having the same problem with the fireplace puzzle. After solving the puzzle and the stairs appear, I am unable to go to the stairs. It locks up every time. I am running System 7 and have not experienced problems of locking up until this point. Has anyone gotten an answer to this problem? Is there a patch to resolve this problem. Any help will be appreciated. This is a difficult game but made more frustrating when you work through difficult parts and experience a lock up. Thanks, TXMichael

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 6, 13 6:54 AM
FOR FOLKS POSTING HERE WITH TECHNICAL ISSUES:

Firstly, allow me to apologize on behalf of the Big Fish community for no one having responded to your issues! This is an older game, so this forum is not very active anymore, therefore folks usually don't see posts here. Even the moderators rarely visit this forum anymore.

Secondly, while I don't have answers for each of your specific problems, I do have a couple of suggestions for you:

1) You may wish to try an Advanced Forum Search to see if anyone else has posted with your same issue and a solution. Go to the “Search All Forums” box to the upper right of these posts. Click “Advanced Forum Search”, then enter your search words, for example “fireplace puzzle”, then select this game’s title from the dropdown menu. All posts with those words included will then pop up for your perusal.

2) If the above doesn't get you some answers you may need to get in touch with tech support directly. You can do this one of two ways:
A. Scroll down to the bottom of this page. Look for "Get Help" then click on the blue words "Customer Support". Then look in the left hand column toward the bottom and click on "Contact Us".
OR
B. Scroll up to the top of this page and click on the blue "?Help" on the top right as this will also bring you to the help pages and the "Contact Us" link.

I hope this helps somewhat! Good Luck and Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by crazy_eel on Sep 11, 13 4:34 PM
Potholder is missing. How do i find it?

[Post New]by sharkjr on Nov 26, 13 8:08 AM
I contacted TECH SUPPORT about BLANK SCREEN & GAMES DONT WORK
I told them that I'm using a mac with Mountain Lion,
but TECH SUPPORT told me that you wont support legacy GAME anymore like:
MADAME FATE, RETURN TO HAVENHEARST etc, those epic ones,
I was so surprised and can't believe that a software company said

WE WONT SUPPORT LAGECY TITLES IN NEW OS,
but YOU STILL SELLING THEM!!!!

Edited on 11/26/2013 at 8:09:42 AM PST

Munch126
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Munch126 on Dec 4, 13 9:15 PM
Re-installed game, twice. Have played it through in past but now when I try to open the game I get error message:

Handler not found in object
#getPropRef
script error. Continue? Yes/No

and refuses to play at all. Just because it might be an older game doesn't mean I don't still want to load it to play now and again. Please fix. Thank you.

[Post New]by bellatrixblack on Dec 13, 13 12:28 PM
This game keeps crashing when I open it on my new MacBook Pro.
I used to play it on my old MacBook and I had no issues.
In fact, none of the Mystery Case Files games I bought are able to open up.

(games concerning: Return To Ravenhearst and 13th Skull)

I have Mac OS X Mavericks on a MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Please make an update available! I want to replay these games.

(PS: I'm going to post the same message on the other forum, just to clarify that I'm not a robot lol)

Edited on 12/13/2013 at 2:27:51 PM PST

Gargoyle & Casket open - but no twins

[Post New]by Nodame_Chiaki on Dec 31, 13 5:12 PM
I have been having some issues with this game...frozen in the middle of the game , glitches...this is the major problem I have experienced with this game.

I am almost to the end of the game and definitely don't want to start over again.

I am at the point where I have finished the 3 Gargoyle puzzles, after opening the casket the Twins are supposed to appear...but no Twins! Now I can't proceed because the Twins won't show up!!

Is there anything I can do without starting over? I have read some reviews that some players still experienced the same problem even when they start over, or reinstall the game.

[Post New]by FrowningPrincess on Jan 1, 14 7:43 AM
Hi
I just bought Return to Ravenhearst today after playing an hour of the free trial.
No issues until I actually purchased the game, where I encountered a script error.

It can't be that my computer isn't sufficiently updated because everything was fine minutes before, prior to actually OWNING the game.

Thus, the technical help page is pretty much redundant.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still the same problem.
I have also tried restarting my computer, but to no avail.

Help, anyone?

ZazuGirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ZazuGirl on Apr 16, 14 1:36 PM
I am running a MAC using 10.9.2 and find I cannot play my old games any longer. The original Ravenhurst, Return to Ravenhurst, and Madame Fate. None of these work. I recently downloaded each one to start the series all over again. None of them will even open.

Any answers?

efb203
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by efb203 on Oct 6, 14 12:19 PM
I played this game a long time ago and wanted to start over and play it again.

I am having an issue when I search for Morphing Items. I click on the item when I find it, it takes a number away from items remaining to be found - as it should.

While I am searching for other items, all of a sudden things are getting put BACK into the scene...in other words, they won't stay "found".

Any ideas here???

At the moment this is happening near the beginning of the game at the hidden scene to the left of the front steps of the house - the scene has a typewriter etc in it.

Driving me crazy.

Go to: