1_odd_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
862 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jane Croft: The Baker Street Murder

[Post New]by 1_odd_1 on Dec 5, 10 3:04 AM
well, another site is giving it away for free today. at that price i can't pass it up. strange how it got good reviews on every site except in these forums.

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jan 4, 11 9:30 AM
I played the game more than 30 minutes and I liked it it was a pretty straight HOG game and if they put it on a daily deal one day I may buy it. I really like murder like games so this one caught my attention from the beginning. The graphics were not too much of my liking, too dark and for me too blurry but at least the story intrigue me a lot more.

I give it a 3 out of 5 .

rgogescu
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by rgogescu on Jan 16, 11 2:01 PM
thanks for the good words, nat_pink25

our second game will be greater that JC. stay tune.

Raul / rvlgames

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 25, 11 6:33 AM
The grapihcs are nice under the dready brown. The gameplay is HOG with some minigames. Too easy. The storyline is a yawn. Also they have you find all these "hidden" bullets, but if they aren't on the list to find and you click on them it's a penalty! The hint is rechargable.

This game is a C-.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 26, 11 9:11 PM
1_odd_1 wrote:well, another site is giving it away for free today. at that price i can't pass it up. strange how it got good reviews on every site except in these forums.

I went to 2 other sites and the reviews were pretty much the same as here.

I Loved both Nick Chase games and 'Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl', in no way does this game compare to either one even slightly. I do like this type of game very much if done well and was almost excited as I downloaded. Talk about being let down. This is just BAD.

I'm can't imagine wasting money or credits on this game. I do believe that my nephew made better games in his garage. BF what were you thinking?

I rarely write such a strongly negative comment but it seems almost insulting to present us with this caliber of game.

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Feb 9, 11 5:11 PM
This is a no-buy for me. I found it to be quite boring, and didn't even finish the whole trial hour. Also, there were some items that were misnamed: "cafe" grinder for coffee grinder; "spyglass" for magnifying glass. Also, the two-word items were very close together so "clogs" looked like "dogs" with the c and l very close together. There was really no mystery involved; just dialogue and then another hidden object scene. I usually dislike mini-games; these were OK, not hard, but I sometime skip them during a trial because they take up so much time.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Feb 11, 11 11:32 AM
i guess we have been spoiled by some of the really good interesting games out thre... not this one for sure was i really expected to play the cup and ball game???? yeh I did ..got it right ...

alagamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by alagamer on Mar 2, 11 5:43 PM
Too short (easy) and too much HOG play! Boring! I wasted $6.99!

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Dec 16, 11 9:47 PM
Boring! Way to many HOGs.

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Dec 31, 11 11:04 PM
weird & weirder

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Jan 15, 12 6:28 PM
I'm a bit surprised at all the really negative comments about this game. I pretty much liked it. The gameplay leaves a bit to desired, for sure, but I was impressed by the visual style. They tried to do something a little different and I thought it worked very well. For the $2.99 Daily Deal, it was well worth the money. I'll be happy to purchase anything the developer has to offer in the future.

Go to: