Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tulula: Legend of a Volcano

[Post New]by marykpo on Nov 16, 10 10:53 PM
don't think the timing was good,,,, took way to long to download between scenes. not a buy for me

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Nov 17, 10 1:37 AM
DL and install took 6 min; loading between scenes approx 10 sec.
I'm siding with the folks who like the bright and cheery ambience and humor of this game. You can find me in the corner with my laptap and my 5 yr old ihog player friends.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Nov 17, 10 5:38 AM
I likes this game . It kinda kept me on my toes for speed. Different types of play, Hidden object list, spot the difference, silouette, find ten teh same, etc. You would have to complete each round to unlock a new type game. I totally enjoyed this one for a change of pace, fast pace for me.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Nov 17, 10 7:01 AM
I played 22 minutes of the demo and I knew I wanted to buy it. This game is light, charming, funny and thought provoking. The hand holding at the beginning did not bother me at all. I thought the way the shaman presented the tutorial was enjoyable. It was much nicer to have the shaman explain what had to be done and why in a dialog to the player rather than a pop up showing do this, find that. This game is a breath of fresh air. The tone is so light I don't feel rushed and I really want to help the shaman out. If you want a game that is light, fun and different this is a game to play. I don't know how long the game is. It looks to be a good length according to the walkthrough. Some people will probably speed through it but this is a game that should be done without rushing through. It's a nice break from the dark adventure games Big Fish had last month. I enjoy the dark games too but it's nice to lift the spirits once in a while.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 17, 10 7:35 AM
I had no problems with the loading time - everything loaded quickly - but I found this game tiresome. I clicked on items, but there was no reaction, and only after using the hint button that showed me to click on that same item, it became active. That happened quite a few times in the short time I played the game. Rather tiresome. So it´s a no-buy for me.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 17, 10 7:57 AM
I played the whole demo hour. I really liked the graphics, crisp and clear, the music was ok, I liked the game all around. I agree with all my previous posters with all the positive comments. BUT I still don't know if I should buy the game. There is something about it I just don't like. I can't put my finger on it....
It's already the 17th and I still have credits left over and yet to fill a single punch card. So not normal for me.

bestpbx
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bestpbx on Nov 17, 10 8:29 AM
I only played for about 20 minutes. Some of the "witchcraft" games are a little too far to the "dark side" for me, but this one was just WAY too sugary sweet.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Nov 17, 10 8:53 AM
Based on what everyone said, I thought I would like it for a light hearted game, however in the first 5 minutes became very irritated as game doesn't work properly. can't pick up objects you're support to pick out. Not for me.

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Nov 17, 10 12:01 PM
Certainly not my kind of game......but think the "younger" or at least "young at heart" will enjoy. Tried the demo, but got bored and scampered off to play something I liked.
Probably a decent game.......just not for me.

[Post New]by cruisin_gal on Nov 17, 10 2:00 PM
Took 20 minutes for the first screen to download. 10 minutes to play the first level. 15 minutes to download the 2nd screen. Sorry, but this is just irritating. Maybe it's my computer but I don't seem to have this trouble with other games. So no idea whether it would eventually be fun.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Nov 17, 10 2:45 PM
I timed it at 6-7 minutes to download each scene. I don't have that kind of patience. I found it a very childish game and sometimes I do like those types of games for a change of pace but with the long download time I just couldn't get into it. I don't care how "cute" the game is. i won't buy it.

Smile41
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Smile41 on Nov 17, 10 2:55 PM
gameslvr wrote:I timed it at 6-7 minutes to download each scene. I don't have that kind of patience. I found it a very childish game and sometimes I do like those types of games for a change of pace but with the long download time I just couldn't get into it. I don't care how "cute" the game is. i won't buy it.

I read somewhere that if you alt+tab during such "freeze" times out and back into the game it helps to cure the glitch. even though it's a scarce glitch (sorry to hear that you're experiencing it), developers are working on the update now and it will be available to you shortly.

gemmabloom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by gemmabloom on Nov 17, 10 9:00 PM
This is so goofy it's cute. It's got all kinds of bells and whistles, minigames, tasks to accomplish, a village to rebuild (similar to Gardenscapes, which I love). It's easy, but engaging, and just an entertaining change of pace.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Nov 18, 10 6:54 AM
Love, love, love this one! It's fun, challenging and the puzzles are varied. There are a few hidden object scenes (one per level) and they are fun and not your standard h/o. The rebuilding of the village is a lot of fun. Once you THINK you've won the game, there's another level. Loved the surprise of that. Will definitely be watching for the sequel. A definite buy for me. It took several hours to finish. Finally a game that's not so dark in mood. Thank you!

Edited on 11/18/2010 at 6:55:05 AM PST

[Post New]by casey35 on Nov 19, 10 12:14 AM
I have to agree with all the positive reviews. After so many dark spooky themed games, as good as they are, this one is such a refreshing change! Great graphics, different and interesting gameplay. I don`t usually like too much dialogue, but found myself reading all of it, because of the good humour! Also it`s easy and relaxing enough not to get frustrated, and have to consult a walkthrough! Liked the way the game made it feel more personal, the little guy actually using your name when speaking to you,lol. Did not hesitate using a credit, and finished it in a day, and know I will play it again, if I need cheering up, never got boring and it was FUN to play! wish there were more like it. Kudos to the developers.

Smile41
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Smile41 on Nov 19, 10 2:04 PM
Thank you for all the positive reviews!

This is making of video where actors who played key roles in the "Tulula: legend of a volcano" PC casual adventure game tell players about their experience and share some personal secrets.

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 10:42:31 AM PST

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Nov 19, 10 8:39 PM
Wow, really pretty! Beautiful colours with cute characters, and unique Gameplay.

Cool!

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Nov 20, 10 12:35 PM
goofyduck77 wrote: At least it wasn't a girl finding grandpa.

HAHAHAHAAH!

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Nov 20, 10 2:07 PM
Cute, light and happy, a bit eye-stressing as it is very bright and colorful, more challenging than what you may think at a first glance (I thought it would be very "children trageted" but after playing the demo I think it has plenty for grown ups too).

Not sure this is a buy for me but worth giving it a try.

[Post New]by pepitogo26 on Nov 22, 10 1:04 PM
Too cute a game for me but I am wondering why no one's comment has mentioned how long it takes to "load" each segment! I have the speediest internet available and I was able to do a couple of chores before I came back top the PC and the segment was still loading!! For that reason alone it is not worth playing.

Go to: