lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 23, 10 6:48 AM
Best game i played in such along time, I give this game a 5 stars,,I know most people don't care for this game but do try it out, or even use a game credit, the game has many surprises..I can't wait until part 2 comes out A buy for me
thank you little fishes in the pond

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Nov 23, 10 6:55 AM
liked the first fiction fixers and purchased, played the demo of this one, all i can say is, short and boring, no buy for me

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 23, 10 7:05 AM
i hated the letterbox screen, the objects were too small and after reading these reviews i shall not buy

tmaldoon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by tmaldoon on Nov 23, 10 7:21 AM
first one was awesome, so expected this one to be also but alas no, didn't even finish it, it was so easy which really made it boring.

i give it 4

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Nov 23, 10 9:10 AM
I really enjoyed the first Fiction Fixers game, so I figured this one would be a sure buy, but I was sadly disappointed! The game seemed too easy and obvious, even on the hard setting, but what really decided me was how short it seems to be. According to the walkthrough, you get through 5 of only 8 chapters in the demo. Unless the last 3 chapters are longer and more challenging, this seems like one of the shortest games ever!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 23, 10 11:33 AM
Cyndo123 wrote:
MEnr56 wrote:
amj0963 wrote:bump

bump? Would you be so kind as to explain what that means? I can't figure out, for the life of me, the opinion you're tryng to convey; thanks for your time.

MEnr56

Hi ME!

When people were bumping this thread it was over in the chit chat corner because this forum wasn't set up yet. When you bump a thread you are returning it to the top of the first page for others to see.

HTH (hope this helps)

YES, your explanation DOES help; thank you for your time.

MEnr56

[Post New]by efan73 on Nov 23, 10 12:18 PM
Hi! I don't usually post any comments but I felt like i should with this game. I played the demo and I did see where other players said that it was short but still bought it because I enjoyed the other Fiction Fixer game so much. So on the positive, for 6.99 it wasn't too bad. Yes! it was very very short. I think i finished it in about 2 hours. I justify the shortness and the cost because that less than what you would pay for a movie that lasts about 2 hours. For the negative, it was too short! It was too easy! The characters was cute, and story easy to follow (ok so i am familiar with the story) It just seemed like the Alice fixer game was just alittle bit more developed and harder and more engaging.
So I definitely recommend this if you liked the first Fixer game, but be warned! it is sooo much shorter and easier than the first!

actorres86
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by actorres86 on Nov 23, 10 4:36 PM
I agree with most of you. Played the demo, and still had 15 minutes left after I finished. Judging by the map in the game, there's probably only one hour left of gameplay after the demo "cutoff point". The story was interesting, but the puzzles and hidden object scenes were way too easy for my taste. No buy for me.

Edited on 11/23/2010 at 4:36:40 PM PST

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Nov 23, 10 7:57 PM
Wow! Not much of a challenge in this game! I was at the end of Chapter 4 when my demo ended.

Graphics were good. Story was okay. Characters were cute. But the gameplay was waaaaay to easy.

Definite NO buy for me!

[Post New]by ThoughtFox on Nov 24, 10 11:48 AM
Hello all
I have been a member of BF for quite a while, but haven't posted in the forum yet. I love HOGs, but I really didn't enjoy this game. It was just too simplistic; there were no surprises or challenges. I suspect that it is very short as well. I played in advanced mode and had finished the demo version before the hour was up (I opened the gates into Emerald City). It looks like there are only a few areas left on the map. You could also see objects that you were obviously going to need, but you couldn't pick them up until you had reached or clicked on the area where you had to use them. This meant going around in circles a lot, and made the game seem very linear. I don't think the graphics were anything special and I found the characters very annoying. I clicked through the conversations most of the time. I prefer games that absorb me completely so that I want to watch the cut scenes. The hidden object scenes weren't clever, but very ordinary. So I won't buy this game. Not even on a DD. It's just too easy and too boring.

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Nov 24, 10 1:12 PM
I love it and will buy it. It has my level of difficulty, easy. The Graphics are great and the story line is excellent

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 1:13:13 PM PST

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Nov 24, 10 7:22 PM
I have just finished the game. I bought the game after playing the demo even tho most comments said that the game was too short. I agree.

This game had a lot of potential. The graphics were really cute and Dorothy and the rest were depicted very charming

I hate HOGs but will play a game with them included if not overwhelmed with them.
It seems to me that if there are a lot of HOGs incorporated into IHOGs and FROGs, that it may be an easy way out to make the game seem longer than it really should be without so many of them. The very nature of IHOGs and FROGs or course, dictates that some straight HOGs are necessary to the game. But, from reading reviews, it seems that most of would like to have more adventure.

All in all I still had a good time playing the game. Just could have liked it more.

[Post New]by blumoonlit on Nov 25, 10 6:45 AM
Great game....wonderful graphics and story line. Took me 2 hours 40 minutes to complete

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Nov 25, 10 6:50 PM
We rather enjoyed this game. Thought it was fun, dialogue was good, not too much backtracking, music was okay, not annoying, clear scenes and HOs. Overall a thumbs up. Liked how the map told you where to go to find things and after you were done with a screen, it would give you an "area complete" message so you didn't have to waste time looking for things that weren't there. We enjoyed this better than Alice in Wonderland because this was a different spin on the Wizard of Oz story.Artwork was great. Wish the demo lasted the full hour, though.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 28, 10 10:49 AM
well, i really liked the first one and wanted to get this one, too, but i have a few problems...

the game is really dark - not the shade of what you see, but the mood in which it is presented... i shared the first one with my niece and while the bad guy still runs amuck mucking everything up, the game is still, overall, cute and child-friendly... so i'm worried about this one and what she may think of it - especially since she loves the story of the wizard of oz and enjoys watching the movie... unlike most five-year-olds, i'm sure, her favorite character is the wicked witch... followed in a close second by toto!

i would like to say, however, that i am sooo glad that someone finally got something right about this story!! and that being said - perhaps this is one to add to my collection...

the game itself is relatively straightforward - you even have a detailed map to show you your progress... where you've already been and finished everything, where you still have active areas, where there's a hidden object scene to complete, and the whole long road ahead of you...

skillfully, i would say the game could be played by anyone - the advantages of choosing easy mode will aid those who find it more on the difficult side for whatever reason, and for those playing as master fiction fixers, there are simply a few less crutches to fall back on [but sparklies aren't one of them - they are still there! ]

so, as you can tell, i'm not 100% either way with this one and the month isn't out yet... if i need one last game to fill my card, this very well could be it...

there's no place like home...

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Nov 29, 10 8:44 PM
akferret wrote:I've played both Fiction Fixers games, and I hope they make more. This game had no trouble playing, unlike most games the require a reboot to play, it worked every time, and the story is great, just loved it, I wish it had been longer.

Ok I have read 6 pages of reviews and so far have not found out the NAME of the 1st "Fiction Fixers" I tried just putting that in the game search bar but got this game again.

HELP before I buy this one I would like to try the other! Have 2 credits for this month and haven't played a game yet (other than the collectors editions and cant go there!) that I would buy.

I got to Emerald City, have 12 minutes left but was at the "end of the trial". Will probably only be an hour to hour and a half for me so if the "first" one is longer/better I would really like to try it. Does it come from ?

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Nov 30, 10 3:40 AM
amj0963 wrote:. i just wish we could have seen some munchkins in the beginning, hopefully there will be some as they are cute.this is going to be a buy for me.

i give it 3 1/2 (if the munchkins would have been there to greet us i would have given it 4 1/2 )

Yes, what is the Oz without Munkins???

shastac2

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 30, 10 1:23 PM
I finished the game now, at last. I know that quite a few people have said that this game is too short. Not for me. It had just the right length - any longer and I would have gotten bored with it.

Really liked the graphics and gameplay. What I got slightly bored with was the fact that most of the hidden objects were the same to find in each scene. Could have had more variety. Otherwise, enjoyed the game very much.

[Post New]by candykahne on Dec 1, 10 10:22 PM
Great Game! I loved it. I hope they come out with more Fiction Fixers. I would probaly buy them all

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Dec 1, 10 10:34 PM

If you think you're in for another fun and witty game like FF: Alice, forget it. This is short and uninspired, and is much more an iHOG than a puzzle/adventure game like Alice. It must be by a different team, or they were all having a bad month!

On the plus side the graphics are clear and things are easy to find.

Go to: