Schoolhouse

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 5, 09 1:45 PM
Hi Bg311- welcome to the forums!

I would love to try and help. Where are you now and what to you have in inventory?

PrplDva

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 5, 09 4:44 PM
The toy store, schoolhouse and gingerbread house are behind the door with the marbles on it (the one of the left of the 3 doors). Have you located the 4 marbles yet?

The cottage is behind the typewriter door. You have to finish all the puzzles behind the marble door before you can even go through that door, so don't worry about it right now.

[Post New]by lizmargaret on Apr 7, 09 2:11 AM
I already went to the toy store. the teddy bear still has the "something" inside it. I went down the well, but I haven't lit the room yet. the only items I have are the damp cloth, the funnel, the jar of fuel, and the screwdriver.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 7, 09 4:21 AM
lizmargaret wrote:I already went to the toy store. the teddy bear still has the "something" inside it. I went down the well, but I haven't lit the room yet. the only items I have are the damp cloth, the funnel, the jar of fuel, and the screwdriver.
At the bottom of the underside of the well poke the bucket with the long stick and the bucket will be loose.

Then go back through the house to the outside scene at the top of the well. Go to the close up of the well and turn the handle and the bucket will raise and the dull knife will be inside.

Sharpen the dull knife on the grinding stone in the schoolhouse cellar. Then in the Toy Store basement cut open the poor old teddy bear and get the matches. Use the matches to light the dark room at the bottom of the well.

Good luck!

[Post New]by lizmargaret on Apr 10, 09 12:16 AM
thank you so much, Lizzie. you're very helpful. btw, my nickname is Lizzie too. LOL.

[Post New]by lizmargaret on Apr 10, 09 12:20 AM
yey! I am now a cute seahorse!

Cocoban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Cocoban on Apr 10, 09 4:49 PM
LizzieK wrote:Here are the steps to unlock the Schoolhouse Cellar Door you have to go to the Gingerbread House and get the pink & green Potholder from a hidden object game.

Look at the temperature scratched in the lower left corner of the Cellar Door.

Go to the Toy Store and use the Potholder to set the temperature to match what is on the Cellar Door.

Then look at the pattern of circles that light up on the top of the stove.

Go back to the cellar door and press the red circles until they match the pattern that was on the stove. Hit the button and the doors will open.

Cocoban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Cocoban on Apr 10, 09 4:54 PM
LizzieK: I tried everything you said exactly and it still doesn't work. What am I missing? I've tried it more than a dozen times. At the side of my schoolhouse was scratched 450 degrees, so I tried that and 500, 550, and 600 and it still won't open. I'm very sad right now!

[Post New]by amandalynn636 on Apr 11, 09 9:13 AM
Cocoban wrote:LizzieK: I tried everything you said exactly and it still doesn't work. What am I missing? I've tried it more than a dozen times. At the side of my schoolhouse was scratched 450 degrees, so I tried that and 500, 550, and 600 and it still won't open. I'm very sad right now!

Cocoban, I am with you. I found the temp, got the pattern & tried it & nothing. I tried it with both pics of the queen. I even tried the other patterns from the other temps & nothing. I don't know if maybe I am missing something.....

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 11, 09 2:32 PM
To unlock the Schoolhouse Cellar Door you have to go to the Gingerbread House and get the pink & green Potholder from a hidden object game.

Look at the temperature scratched in the lower left corner of the Cellar Door. Be sure you are on the one that matches the one scratched on the door in your current game.

Go to the Toy Store and use the Potholder to set the temperature to match what is on the Cellar Door. When you have the temperature correct the potholder will disappear.

Then look at the pattern of circles that light up on the top of the stove. Remember you are looking at it sideways at an angle. Keep that in mind when you go back to the cellar door because you will be looking at the cellar door at a straight ahead view.

Go back to the cellar door and press the red circles until they match the pattern that was on the stove. Click on the button and the doors will open slightly. Then you will be back in the street in front of the Schoolhouse. Go back to the cellar door and you can now see inside.

Inside there is a grinding wheel to sharpen with and a pipe dripping petrol.

Good luck!

Edited on 05/18/2009 at 8:33:13 AM PST

[Post New]by amandalynn636 on Apr 11, 09 3:58 PM
That is what I did. My temp is 400 degrees & does not change. but the cellar door simply will not open. I do realize you are looking at the pattern sideways as there is only one way to get it exactly right on the door, it just will not open. I talked to my friend about this who has already completed this game and she suggested I may have to uninstall the game & re-install as I am doing EVERYTHING exactly as said & it is still not working.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 11, 09 5:27 PM
When the puzzle is completed correctly the door will only crack open a little. then you will find yourself back on the street in front of the schoolhouse. You have to go back and look into the cellar again to see that it is open and you can see the grinding stone and the dripping fuel.

[Post New]by amandalynn636 on Apr 13, 09 3:08 PM
o.k. I am honestly at my wits end. I uninstalled it & re-installed it on my mother in laws computer & got to the same part & I am stuck again!!! The temperature is different this time 550 instead of 400 degrees but the pattern is the same, the two on top are lit and two on bottom are lit but still I cannot get it to open. What is wrong with me????????

[Post New]by RYRY5224 on Apr 16, 09 12:33 PM
cesse47 wrote:You're most welcome. Took me a while to connect the two and realize one was giving a clue to solving the other. LOL

[Post New]by daisha20 on Apr 17, 09 10:01 AM
hi this is my first post i have used the stick for the bucked but it wont come down hope my english is not to bad please help me

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 17, 09 1:35 PM
Hi daisha, welcome. The bucket doesn't come down. You hit it with the stick just to get it off the wall, then you have to go back outside to the well to crank it up to get the knife that's inside.

[Post New]by Dogs453 on Jun 20, 09 10:44 AM
when i got to the three doors i solved the marble one and the midlle one but what name are we going to jab in? HELP PLEASE I CANT MOVE!!!!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 20, 09 11:38 AM
Did you notice the name of the brother on your travels? V...

[Post New]by Hempzz on Jun 20, 09 5:23 PM
I'm having the same problem opening the cellar door by the schoolhouse. I have followed the directions that were given in this forum and from the strategy guide. The temp says 600 so I matched what the pattern on top of the stove showed, changed the pictures and pushed the button. I also went through each temperature to make sure if there was some glitch. I also switched the patterns around on the puzzle clockwise and counter clockwise. But nothing..... This is quite annoying =(

[Post New]by Hempzz on Jun 21, 09 11:54 AM
Hempzz wrote:I'm having the same problem opening the cellar door by the schoolhouse. I have followed the directions that were given in this forum and from the strategy guide. The temp says 600 so I matched what the pattern on top of the stove showed, changed the pictures and pushed the button. I also went through each temperature to make sure if there was some glitch. I also switched the patterns around on the puzzle clockwise and counter clockwise. But nothing..... This is quite annoying =(

ughhh I just give up! I can't do anything else unless I get through the door and nothing is working!

Does anyone know what to do? Help....!!

Edited on 06/21/2009 at 11:55:32 AM PST

Go to: