Re:Post any Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by GentlemanKat on Nov 25, 10 8:24 PM
Update from my last: Did full uninstall, and full reload. Again, no issues apparent in the install, but still will not retain any profile information after you quit the game. As of right now, completely unplayable.

I hope a fix is released soon. It'd be the first time I'd ever wanted my money back from BG if not.

-GK

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nhqltr on Nov 25, 10 8:36 PM
got the dialog at the door now i can't progress nothing triggered after listening so I am stuck with no where to go! argghh

GaPeach1981
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,588 Posts

[Post New]by GaPeach1981 on Nov 25, 10 9:24 PM
Okay, I've had to download this game 5 times so far...had the goblet glitch of course, but also having a problem with the hint button not working and one of the puzzle hints stayed stuck on there even when I tried to use the hints on a totally different puzzle. Played almost 7 hours, then went back into the game to finish and my entire profile has been deleted. I usually dont do this, but Im going to request a refund first thing tomorrow...just too many problems and I soooo wanted to like this game

Peach

[Post New]by angelusgirl on Nov 25, 10 9:48 PM
I am playing through for the second time. After I put the gas in the can, i went to the chainsaw. The can is not in my inventory. I can no longer access the pumps.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Nov 25, 10 10:09 PM
I had the screw driver and now it disappeared and I need too use it to continue in game and it is gone. cannot go any furthur in game.

Finished game, but everything is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Puda_K on Nov 25, 10 10:11 PM
I just completed the game and wanted to play the bonus game, which should have unlocked, but didn't. Thinking I missed something, I went back to the game I was playing (orr so I thought) only to fine that all my progress is completely gone! What gives? Do I have to play this ALL again to access the bonus game? Are you kidding me?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tootlestwo
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Tootlestwo on Nov 25, 10 10:20 PM
I just got to the problem with the goblets........what the hay BF!! Now I see I have to uninstall and reinstall to fix this and by the looks of the posts I may still be in for more trouble! After spending Tuesday nite downloading 4 times only to give up and find out in the morning there was a glitch and now this???? Major disappointment. This is the first time I have been frustrated with a game from BF. I hope that when they are back from their turkey dinners they get these things all worked out!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re: SCREEN not centered

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 25, 10 10:33 PM
This is the first time I have had this problem with window 7. I have a black margin on the right side of screen only and on left side of screen the game is beyond my screen view. On the bottom of page where the journal is only half of the book shows.

I have not been able to find help in the support pages hopefully someone here can help me.

Thanks in advance
Have a great game day

MABJBMB
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MABJBMB on Nov 25, 10 10:55 PM
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!? MANY TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ALL ACROSS THE BOARD. MINE IS A DRAGGY CURSOR- EVEN AFTER A NEW DOWN LOAD. I LOVE THIS GAME. I BELIEVE IN MCF QUALITY. IS THAT TRUST MISPLACED?

suus52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by suus52 on Nov 26, 10 12:42 AM
The soundtrack doesn't work and I am completely stuck with the chainsaw. I already reinstalled the game and tried every trick in my book, But nothing helps. First time a game does this. Help help help

sprigmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sprigmom on Nov 26, 10 12:44 AM
Went around collecting all of Mary's cleaning supplies, put bucket in the chest by the bed and all the rest of the supplies disappeared!

I think I agree w/the others here; not buying until glitches are fixed. Did they rush release on this one???

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 12:45:23 AM PST

[Post New]by BarbWireBlonde on Nov 26, 10 12:46 AM
Iam also having major problems, First it was black screen and I was not able to view anything in the windowed black screen, I have installed the fix and I played last night for 3 hours, turned it off and went back and it said my profile was invalid and made me start from the beginning again! Well I certainly won't be playing this game again until the profile issue is fixed, and it's a shame because I was having so much fun.

Moraine41
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Moraine41 on Nov 26, 10 1:13 AM
bfgOkeechobee wrote:Hey folks,

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that if you edited the profile text file as suggested by another user in order to get around the goblet issue, we've been informed that you will get stuck later in the game.

If you edited the profile file in anyway, I'd suggest starting the game over with a new profile after installing the new version to ensure that you won't get stuck at some point.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

-bfgOkeechobee

Just wanted to let you know that I edited my profile and had no problems later in the game. So do not despair if you also did

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 1:14:24 AM PST

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Nov 26, 10 1:14 AM
melonrind wrote:I can't cut down the tree in the swamp, either. I have the chainsaw full of gas, but it doesn't do anything, no matter how many times I click on the tree. This is getting frustrating, because I love the game and want to keep playing, but after the goblet fiasco yesterday and now this, I'm more irritated than anything else.

I had no trouble cutting down the tree. Go to the bottom cut mark and move your mouse as if your cutting down the tree, it worked for me. I hope this helps you.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Nov 26, 10 1:44 AM
slepless777 wrote:
melonrind wrote:I can't cut down the tree in the swamp, either. I have the chainsaw full of gas, but it doesn't do anything, no matter how many times I click on the tree. This is getting frustrating, because I love the game and want to keep playing, but after the goblet fiasco yesterday and now this, I'm more irritated than anything else.

Clicking won't do it. You need to keep your finger down on the mouse button the whole time you're cutting the tree.

Notch the tree on the right {house} side, so it falls that way.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

hammer possible spoiler

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Nov 26, 10 4:34 AM
has any one else lost their hammer?? I used it on the upstairs door, and now i need it for the last nail to repair stool and its gone??have done the up date, but nope no hammer..help..

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Nov 26, 10 6:36 AM
katbear50 wrote:
slepless777 wrote:

Clicking won't do it. You need to keep your finger down on the mouse button the whole time you're cutting the tree.

Notch the tree on the right {house} side, so it falls that way.

Thank you, this helped. Of course, now I'm stuck again, this time because even after I listened in on the conversation behind the door, I'm still being prompted to listen in on the conversation behind the door, and I can't do anything else. I'm about at the end of my rope with this.

kithain
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by kithain on Nov 26, 10 6:48 AM
Lucy1997 wrote:
anabel1566 wrote:the trap door glitch was fixed, however, NOW there are two hidden objects scenes that did not "trigger", one in the attic and one at the gas station. I need an item to be able to proceed any further in the game. I am trying to not be a "spoiler" but I can't explain the technical problems without explaining somewhat. This has got to be the most painful game that I have ever attempted to play...REFUND!!!!

I had none of the technical problems people have been describing, and I was thankful for this. However, reading these posts, I may have a problem that I didn't even know about. If there was supposed to be 2 hidden object scenes in the gas station, the second one never got triggered. I only had 1 to play in the gas station- plust the freezer prize. I did have both hidden object scenes in the attic though.

So does my game have a glitch or not?

Also, when it comes to plunging the toilet in the bar, the strategy guide indicates we need to call Lamont at this time. however, I no longer had the coin purse in my inventory at that time, which meant no coin for the phone, so couldn't call. I'm sure i'm missing one of the "extras" here. It didn't keep me from completing the toilet fixing though.

I also noticed that several of the walkthrough sections in the strategy guide are mislabeled- what gets shown doesn't match up to what the title displays. Is this problem fixed in the newer download?

Since I'm finishing up the "extras" right now, I'd hate to have to start over. But if the only way to complete everything is missing from my version, I guess I'll have to.

BFG, I'm a bit surprised. Your games have always been superior in regards to not having the glitches and other issues that many other games have. It's a bit disappointing to find these problems in one of your games- especially the MOST anticipated game of the year (well, for me anyway). I hope you get ALL the glitches straightened out quickly.

kit

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 6:50:24 AM PST

[Post New]by ssilvertooth on Nov 26, 10 9:00 AM
Puda_K wrote:I just completed the game and wanted to play the bonus game, which should have unlocked, but didn't. Thinking I missed something, I went back to the game I was playing (orr so I thought) only to fine that all my progress is completely gone! What gives? Do I have to play this ALL again to access the bonus game? Are you kidding me?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too! I think the "Last Rites" was the actual bonus game......but now everything I have done is gone!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 26, 10 9:06 AM
Puda_K wrote:I just completed the game and wanted to play the bonus game, which should have unlocked, but didn't. Thinking I missed something, I went back to the game I was playing (orr so I thought) only to fine that all my progress is completely gone! What gives? Do I have to play this ALL again to access the bonus game? Are you kidding me?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here Though to clarify - this is different from the "lost progress" problem many folks are having. I closed out and went back in a few times & had no problems - wasn't until I finished the entire game that my progress (though not my achievements!! odd that) were lost & can't access bonus content

I'm unsure if I had any other glitches - but as I still have unfinished achievements - I'm not sure - I've playing left to do & may hit some yet?? Crossing fingers for a fix

Go to: