keeliesnanna
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by keeliesnanna on Dec 12, 10 7:36 AM
i too have a problem with the game freezing after i drill a hole in the coconut and i have tried reloading the game etc .. i know that some fishes have found that rebooting and skipping the puzzle gets them passed this frustrateing mess ,but why should we have to fishies???? big fish did not recieve part payment of the game so i could only part play it, they recieved full payment for my game so i should be able to play the game in full !! and now they want us to send them diagnostics off our computers ,as if we all have faults on them or are lying, are you telling me that you havent got your own computers that you could put this game into and come across this fault for yourselves, or is it just now that you have our money it must be someone elses fault???

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Dec 12, 10 9:58 AM
Carole22759 wrote: ....hmmm Support appears to ask us to run diagnostic on OUR computers. ...don't the Tech Reps have computers of their own that this game can mess-up on?

Sorry bfgArnoStyx...but I see your post as a virtual Bandaid on a 6"wide shotgun wound!

Anyone have any idea what Tech Support's response may be after looking at this gathered data? What could we possibly tweak on our side to make this game run as it should?
I'm really curious to know.

I agree! I had problems with 2 games earlier.....got the standard Dr Felix diagnosis....upgrade this, upgrade that. It still didn't fix the problem. Sure, I received a credit for a games I couldn't finish or play properly, but that shouldn't be the case. The games should be made to work properly before they're released!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 12, 10 10:41 AM
Hi Fishies!

The Dr. Felix diagnostic report gives our technical support and testing teams (and oftentimes in turn the developer) more information to work with, as they're able to see which systems and components are being affected by an issue in order to look at making relevant system updates or changes to the game.

In some instances they are able to reproduce the error(s) in house and in some they are not. There are infinite varieties of different systems out there, and more information is always helpful at speeding up the process for releasing any potential fixes.

If you have any other questions on the process, please get in touch with our tech team by following bfgArnoStyx's steps or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

leapfrogs wrote:just wondering, has there been any response about disappearing inventory items? i deleted the game, started a new profile and rebooted, still no wick.

There haven't been any fixes released to address this issue, so please get in touch with tech support as well.

I'm sorry for the trouble that everyone has been experiencing and hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 10:42:57 AM PST

lms12
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lms12 on Dec 13, 10 6:09 AM
I love the game but i have some how lost the toasting fork i found!!!! in the farm house fire , so now i cannot get the eagles egg, do i have to restart the game from the begining? to retrieve the fork

honorelle
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by honorelle on Dec 13, 10 6:19 AM
As soon as I bought the game, I couldn't play it any more, it freezes during loading with a blank dark grey screen.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Dec 13, 10 7:51 AM
Well, it appears that there isn't going to be a fix for this game, so I will forget about buying it.... game quality has gone in the crapper lately.

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Dec 13, 10 9:00 AM
I am having a problem with items in the top of a hidden object scene. I tried changing the custom cursor to regular and then back - neither work! If I can't finish the hidden object scene, I can't get the item I need. It can't be my computer because I see others with the SAME problem. I've tried restarting my computer, exiting out the game, etc. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 13, 10 11:08 AM
gaylele wrote:Well, it appears that there isn't going to be a fix for this game, so I will forget about buying it.... game quality has gone in the crapper lately.

Yep that makes three that I am crossing off my want list-
MCF 13th Skull
Hidden Mysteries Salem Secrets -
Lost Chronicles: Salem

[Post New]by lklkoncz33 on Dec 15, 10 6:51 AM
I am having problems with missing inventory items now after I restarted the game due to it freezing at the apothecary after I drill the coconut very frustrated again hopefully they get a fix for it or give me a game credit

[Post New]by Moonbow on Dec 16, 10 3:18 PM
I am unable to find the hidden game to get the fishing worm. I don't know if that is a problem or what the issue is. I really enjoyed it up to this point. I wish someone could tell me what to do.

Moonbow

[Post New]by 22helenk22 on Dec 19, 10 12:06 PM
I cant get the wooden frame that is supposed to be at the back of the barn. It is not there at all. I cant get to get to the loft in the barn to get to the first girl. Was enjoying the game but getting annoyed now cos i cant continue. HELP!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 20, 10 11:12 PM
22helenk22 wrote:I cant get the wooden frame that is supposed to be at the back of the barn. It is not there at all. I cant get to get to the loft in the barn to get to the first girl. Was enjoying the game but getting annoyed now cos i cant continue. HELP!!

I'm so sorry you're feeling frustrated! The girl is not in the loft in the barn--she's {mouse over to reveal spoiler text} upstairs through a secret trap door at the top of the stairs in the Farmhouse. A different building.

And the frame is a big wooden T sticking up from the ground that you will use later to build a scarecrow. It's not a picture frame or anything like that.

Have you had a chance to look at the Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games? It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it can usually help.

Also--have you had a chance to read the post in this forum on how the HINT system works in this game? The information is also included in the General Tips secitno of the walkthrough. I ask because if you go out behind the barn and use a right-click of your mouse, it will highlight anything you can pick up--including the FRAME if you haven't found it yet. So that can often help.

I don't want to give away specific spoilers in this topic, but the walkthrough should have everything you need to know.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 11:16:24 PM PST

[Post New]by weedyseadragon on Dec 24, 10 6:53 PM
I'm in the same boat as Rhysdux. The game flickers uncontrollably--can't even get past the sign in page. I've updated everything I can think of, deleted and reinstalled the game four times, sworn creatively and still nothing. VERY frustrating. This has been going on with this game for awhile it looks like, but no solutions on this forum. Has anyone with this problem heard from BFG?

[Post New]by dicks4qi on Dec 24, 10 8:16 PM
gidgiboo wrote:There is a bug in the program. I am at the Apothecary and as soon as I drill a hole in the coconut, the game locks up. Have to Cntrl/Alt/Del to the Task Manager to close out. I will keep an eye out for the "fix" or update, but wanted to make you aware of the problem. Other than that, good game. Great puzzles. Hard, but not too hard.

[Post New]by dicks4qi on Dec 24, 10 8:24 PM
Like everyone else, it froze when I drilled the coconut. After restarting several times I went on to other tasks. Solved the school blackboard and went to the waterfall and got the skull key after giving her the syrup. Went back and got through the coconut and the flower in the morter and pestal but then it froze up when I cut the fish. That's the last thing is to give the calming potion to the girl in the mine and get the green disc. ???????????

[Post New]by susanleigh on Dec 25, 10 10:55 AM
Thank you for the skip suggestion for the apothecary! This worked for me although I don't like to skip puzzles.

[Post New]by Jonahsmomma on Dec 27, 10 3:02 PM
I am so peeved about this game. I have sacrificed holiday family time to hide in the bathroom and play this, only to have my game freeze after cracking the egg in the apothicary! I loved this game up until then! I have been a very loyal fishy for the last 3 years and this is the first time I've felt the need to post in a forum. Too bad it's to call attention to such a dud. Also very unpleased about the response from up top. I would expect a patch to be no problem from such a popular gaming site.
I want my game credit back.

[Post New]by Jake1020 on Dec 28, 10 8:46 AM
Shoot! I can't even get into the demo. I've tried several times to download it and the game manager tells me my trial's expired. But I've never seen the game yet!

freezing at coconut

[Post New]by dillbert on Dec 28, 10 1:18 PM
freezing up at coconut, I just kept trying and all of a sudden it worked when I clicked on the coconut. Keep trying

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Dec 30, 10 12:00 PM
I got stuck when I broke the egg. My computer locked and no matter what I tried I couldn't get past that so I had to skip the puzzle. Hope I get a fix for this game so I can play it without problems.

Go to: