Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by boobailey on Dec 24, 10 6:47 PM
Loved this game!!!! Great fun!!!!

[Post New]by earondufax on Dec 27, 10 9:12 PM
It was a great surprise to me when I came to read the forums for other people's opinion's on Haunted Halls game and I walked into several posts complaining of graphical and technical issues. I was completely unaware of the problem, for I played both demo and full game with no issues at all. And I played it twice.

<<SPOILER>>

I completed this game with no visits to the walkthough blog (yay!). I think the was it was built it was spooky and also logical; most of the time I don't like spooky stories, but I tend to like them when it comes to these games, it gives me a reason to move on, because like when I read a mystery book, I want to see how it'll come out. I suppose they plan on a sequel.

As for graphics I loved them. The patient's fears actually exist in real life - some people are like that - and I knew that the door at the basement would be the last to open because of the ammount of pieces it required. The ending surprised me deeply, I must confess. I was expecting for a happy ending: the princess rides out to the castle where her prince is being kept hostage and walks out with the poor injured prince in her arms. However, I loved how it turned out not to be like that at all. I like when the endings are not what we expect.

If I were to grade from 1 to 10 it would definetely be 9! I don't regret buing it at all!!!

Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by paddypoo on Dec 31, 10 1:02 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by paddypoo on Dec 31, 10 1:05 PM
I liked the game although it lasted and lasted and lasted. It was too long for me. The graphics were not so great. I got a little frustrated because I thought it was never going to end.

Haunted " " Etc.

[Post New]by tyleet17 on Jan 14, 11 7:26 PM
So are all the "Haunted" games part of a series or are they all just individual games with the word Haunted in the title like " Haunted Halls, Haunted Hotel, Haunted Manor...etc"

Plus in the Haunted Halls...I might have missed the story line b/c I still don't know how the little kid that appears around the corners is connected with the plot? Is he a ghost or a past image of one of the characters? If anyone knows please tell me.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jan 16, 11 7:38 PM
Loved! Loved! Loved It! I suspect a sequel based on the ending. I too was hoping for a happier ending. Thought maybe after helping patients that at the end I would see them all walk out together. Oh well, no matter, the game was excellent.

What ever became of the little boy????? Is he part of the Collectors Edition extra gameplay or something?

[Post New]by beccasmummy on Jan 18, 11 10:01 AM
aaagghhhh...this game is driving me mad!!!

so slow going between scenes....takes aaages...getting ready to delete it

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 18, 11 10:34 AM
The graphics are creepily well done. The gameplay is IHOG with minigames. The storyline is spooky and well written. This is not a game for me as I don't do creepy or scary. But for those that love a scare, enjoy!

This game is an A-.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Jan 18, 11 10:46 AM
I loved this game and would love to think that there is to be a sequel

MiamMiam
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by MiamMiam on Jan 24, 11 11:18 PM
I really enjoyed playing the SE version of this game. No tech issues except for one hidden object I had to click (in the middle LOTS of times before I found the sweet spot).

I thought the graphics were excellent and objective/adventure challenging enough. Unique and clever take on the genre. The first puzzle (with eyes) had me worried about the gore factor, but that seemed to be the worst of it. It seemed more goofy (in an awesome way) than scary. I never had to look at the walk-through, but I was stumped once or twice (I didn't know the gas can came full).

The contained area made for a nice non-linear aspect without TOO much walking back and forth.

The puzzles were different, mostly new takes on classics but refreshing. Not too hard. I only skipped one (the last, because it was late and it was annoying me). The HOAspect of this was also excellent. Nothing too tiny or obscure, and new things to find (beyond the bell, book, and candle).

If I was to be critical. As the game play progressed I felt that I was being rushed. The first patient took so many things to do before helping but buy the 3 or 4 the there was just a few, and the last only 1. I felt as if the developers were running out of ideas, or just bored by then. Also the story line was a little loose. They set it up, but never delivered (unless I'm missing the prequel?) What was with the kid, and the kids voices(background). Anyway, minor in the scheme of playing.

Non critical pet-peeves. Areas that sparkle, when I don't have to do anything with them.(ie. the fire escape plan, ha ha but...), dead areas that are still accessible after I know longer need them, hints that point at a puzzle I'm not ready solve.

Anyway, given that it costs the price of a latte and muffin but lasts much longer, well worth buying. I am anxious for the sequel.

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Feb 2, 11 6:44 PM
I absolutely loved this game. It was definitely worth the $$. Story is great, balance between interactive and hog is excellent, as well as the graphics. I can't imagine why anyone would say they didn't like a game they paid for because it lasted on and on and on.

I have the Mac version and this game is the only one I've ever played from BFG that had minor issues - game quit on me twice and about 50% of the time the custom cursor had my regular cursor over it. I figure it's no big deal because the game is so good!

Once again, ERS Game Studios has outdone themselves. Keep it up guys!

out of 5 - would've been 5 of 5 if not for the technical issues.

[Post New]by Bilko_Bilko on Feb 17, 11 4:20 AM
Too creepy for me And generally nothing that much appealing. No buy.

The_Wanderer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by The_Wanderer on Feb 20, 11 12:28 PM
Just finished this game and I loved it. Graphics are excellent, very creepy and imaginative! The sound did get a bit annoying after a while so I turned it down low and that helped. Would definitely recommend.

ject58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ject58 on Feb 20, 11 3:25 PM
Loved this game, although I agree with some of the comments. The game quit on me twice unexpectedly and as the game went on, the time it took to go between scenes got longer. They never answered the question of what was up with that little boy-maybe it's in the Collector's Edition? All in all, I enjoyed this game almost as much as RTR and Dire Grove!! Can't wait for the sequel!!

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Feb 21, 11 2:55 PM
very smart, not boring at all, well made game. Tons of things to do and make sense too.

[Post New]by dexela on Feb 21, 11 10:11 PM
LOVE THIS GAME!!! I thought the graphics were great, story line very unique and not your usual Victorian creepy murder style game (although I like those a lot too) but this one was really cool. There were a few scenes that were very short to solve which could have been a bit more developed, especially that last one. A great thing was some really odd combinations of items to solve others which were good fun too - Thanks BF!
Can't wait for the sequel

Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium review

[Post New]by nfib123 on Feb 27, 11 8:12 PM
This is by far the best hidden object/puzzle game I've played to date. Graphics were awesome and the story line was, too. Some of the characters were a little gruesome but, hey, it's a spooky sanitarium, ya'll! I had no problems technically with the game but do agree that the puzzles near the end moved a little too quickly. Thanks for a great gaming experience.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 27, 11 9:42 PM
I just did the one hour demo. No buy for me. Didn't like it at all and the graphics were okay but I just demoed Mystery Trackers: The Void and those graphics were so much crisper. I saw both of these games in the games you might like section after playing Plants vs Zombies. Am seriously considering the Mystery Trackers game.

Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by auntbeth on Mar 8, 11 11:02 AM
i love the game, im going 2 buy the CE, Is there going to b another one?

Go to: