Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by nuttyplayer53 on Nov 27, 10 9:35 PM
I am having the same problem as doc cat5,so frustrating, it took 25 minutes just to get the items out of the trunk. hopefully they will get this fixed soon

[Post New]by kittykill on Nov 27, 10 9:48 PM
I can't even get into the game to play. I played the demo fine, played for about an hour after purchase and tried to play tonight and couldn't even get it to start up. I uninstalled, reinstalled, updated java-nothing. Boo!

lynniam1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lynniam1 on Nov 27, 10 10:10 PM
exactly the same problem as Darla1108,
bought the game after demo, because I was glad no tech problems,
Now I can't play at all
whata pain.
uninstalled - reinstalled!!!
nothin'!
PLEASE FIX THIS GAME!

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 27, 10 10:20 PM
It would be nice if a moderator could/would reply to indicate whether they have read these problems and if/when a fix will be in place. Apparently mods have been around this game forum, as they have locked some threads. However no reply in the tech issues thread from anyone from BF to indicate they have actually heard about the floating cursor/sluggish game play issue.

Contacting CS is fine if you have bought the game & want a refund, but in my case and many others we have not as yet done so. However, we WOULD like to buy the game if in fact it will be fixed. I have been waiting since the CE was released to buy the game, so it is frustrating. AND the CE demo works just fine, so I don't see the need to contact CS with my issue, I will simply get the same old same old standard response, and since I haven't yet purchased the game & the CE works just fine for me (so obviously not an issue with my computer). And I understand from past moderator posts that apparently they do report issues from the forums to CS or higher up if need be. Also - why set up a tech issues thread at all if we are told our only course of action is to contact CS?? What's the point then of having the thread, unless of course the point is in fact to communicate with potential customers that there is/is not a fix in the works??????

Please mods, would someone reply in the tech thread and all the other threads that you have seen these issues and if in fact something will be done about it? It would be a good faith thing to do for all the people that posted in the 5 pages of the tech issues thread. Thank you in advance.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Nov 28, 10 12:43 AM
Guess moderators are on vacation - 4 days of it. Inexcusable. Same problem with the cursor, even after disabling the custom cursor, it took me at least 20 minutes to get the items out of the trunk.

No fix, no buy.

Seems like it's taking an awful long time between the SE games and the regular games to come out. They look to be basically the same game, with all the "extras" unfunctionable. What's up with that?

I have never had cursor problems before, as many people have. It is really, really frustrating.

Vixen63
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Vixen63 on Nov 28, 10 1:10 AM
lynniam1 wrote:exactly the same problem as Darla1108,
bought the game after demo, because I was glad no tech problems,
Now I can't play at all
whata pain.
uninstalled - reinstalled!!!
nothin'!
PLEASE FIX THIS GAME!

Exact same problem and procedure here. Even tried Run as Administrator. The Game Mgr, if anything happens at all, returns to Play Again -- as if I had run out of time.

vievieta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by vievieta on Nov 28, 10 2:25 AM
I'm afraid to buy any other games now.

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 2:26:04 AM PST

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Nov 28, 10 2:26 AM
I played the demo and everything worked fine, bought the game (should have read this thread 1st). Played game for about an hour or so, again everything fine (no floating curser), however got up this morning and can't get into game, won't open, it does try to open but just goes to the screen that says Play again?. I hope BF updates soon I really liked this game.

Oneaddie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Oneaddie on Nov 28, 10 6:18 AM
Hello anyone home? Where is the fix? At least reply to all of us, Let us know you are listening!

bashfuldi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by bashfuldi on Nov 28, 10 6:20 AM
Okay BF, here is the deal, when I download a game I do not want to solve tech issues! Got that? I what to download a play the game not do your work. I am getting sick and tired of your excuses. I play on a lot of game sites.... oh that's right you are not the only site for games. I never have issues anyplace else but here! Did you get that one also? I love BF game site, when it is good it is the best but when it bad it is really bad and you treat us like we don't have a lick of sense! We know our computers! We know if we meet the system requirements or not! Okay, I have vented now do your job!

[Post New]by Vesper on Nov 28, 10 6:25 AM
The floating cursor problem prevents me from being able to play the game. I got my name entered and that's it. I was REALLY looking forward to playing this game.

donnan01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by donnan01 on Nov 28, 10 6:34 AM
Same floating cursor issues here - even uninstalled and re installed, but no luck. This WAS on my list to buy, but we'll see how the problems are taken care of.

adrienne1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by adrienne1 on Nov 28, 10 6:45 AM
I'm another with the cursor problem. I too had no problems at all with CE and really wanted to buy this game but NOT the CE version. Is this some cynical ploy to try to make me fork out for the CE? No chance I'm on a pension and saving for my winter fuel bills!!!!!

[Post New]by Zwillingsjane on Nov 28, 10 7:08 AM
anoldfish wrote:Played demo fine so downloaded. Game now won't play and after a long time goes to thanks for playing screen.

I have the same problem, it's so frustrating

[Post New]by bibemma on Nov 28, 10 7:25 AM
The game is unplayble. It' too slow!! UPDATE???

shelbel255
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by shelbel255 on Nov 28, 10 8:02 AM
I am running Windows Vista. Game is sooooooo sloooooowww. It seems to have a problem loading. The game was annoying having to wait for new screens to pop up, picking up objects, dialogs, etc. I had no problem with the Collectors Edition. I want to purchase this game, but not with the flaws it has. I even changed the cursor and still had problems with the game.

[Post New]by theatergirl on Nov 28, 10 8:04 AM
Considering that I already bought MCF and I hear about being on a budget and my inventory items disappear and it will not save my progress, I do not want to get this game, as I still have the floating cursor going on. I have a credit saved up from last month's collector games purchase and was waiting for the SE. I have three messages out to customer service about the above game but please do not lock the tech threads. Just want a fix!!

[Post New]by mimipig on Nov 28, 10 8:12 AM
I bought the game yesterday and it played fine. Tried to play today and it won't run at all. Have uninstalled and installed again, but it just won't work. I was enjoying this game yesterday and had waited ages for the SE to come out and now I can't play it. Please fix this problem or give us a credit.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 28, 10 8:28 AM
What's with it BF, why are you releasing games that are not playable! Get on the stick and fix the issues. Many people are frothing at the bit to play this game and can't because of problems coming from your end BF, not all the peoples computers! Never seen such a poor response from BF! You will start loosing customers if you keep this up!

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 28, 10 8:28 AM
What's with it BF, why are you releasing games that are not playable! Get on the stick and fix the issues. Many people are frothing at the bit to play this game and can't because of problems coming from your end BF, not all the peoples computers! Never seen such a poor response from BF! You will start loosing customers if you keep this up!

Go to: