shecia1
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Dragon Dance

[Post New]by shecia1 on Nov 30, 10 2:07 PM
This game is awful. the controls are a pain, not even going to finish the demo after 10 minutes. yuck

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 30, 10 2:11 PM
I ran into some weird graphic problems after putting the rug down, getting the elixir, bowl and brush to see the writing on it. I clicked on the blue bottle and in the middle of my screen appeared a small green feathery circular pinwheel kind of thing. I went into another room and it was still there. No matter what I did, it was still there and I was unable to move forward.
I called upon the Chat Help folks and I understand that there are graphic issues with XP, I ran Dr. Felix for them and was told to try to upgrade the graphics card (new one came out last month for NIVIDIA), which I did. I tried again to run the game and it is frozen. Just a FYI for you XP players.
Kris

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 30, 10 3:29 PM
SPOILER ALERT this such a crappy game. only played 10 minutes of demo. couldn't stand anymore. i'm sure there are some fishies who will like it but i didn't.

patbeil
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by patbeil on Nov 30, 10 3:40 PM
I played this game for 25 minutes and had to go to the walkthrough 6 times. So I quit.

[Post New]by deborahcr2000 on Nov 30, 10 4:09 PM
Hold the books over the table before putting them down and you will see an outline where they go

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 4:12:33 PM PST

[Post New]by deborahcr2000 on Nov 30, 10 4:21 PM
October7 wrote:I am also stuck after finding the 3 books, I can't go anywhere else because I am told nothing else to do here at the moment. Is there a walkthrough for this game? It seems it is mixed up the with Liong Dragon dance which is a Mahjong game. Could we have a comments and review just for this game please. Thanks.

There is a walkthrough on the bigfish site. I have got to the end but can't get rid of the snake as the walkthrough misses that bit

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Nov 30, 10 4:29 PM
this game seems old fashioned in graphics and game play more for someone who is new to HOG i played for 40+ mins before i got fed up. i have just done Dracular Origin which may be colouring my view

jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jpflier on Nov 30, 10 4:39 PM
I am excited to try this one. Love puzzles, IHOG/Adventure games so this sounds like one that is right up my alley. Appreciate all the comments, both positive and negative, it helps a lot when I am trying to decide if I want to download or not. (Especially after the bad luck with tech problems lately.) Thanks to all the fishies out there!

Ok, 25 minutes of trial period passed and I have to say it is a buy for me. The hint system is a good one goes by pretty quickly, however the only way I know I have a hint ready is the dragon comes back to play. Glad there is a WT just in case it is needed, good move BF! I am happy to say I have not ran into any glitches/tech problems on my Vista, so that is a huge plus at this point.

Some negatives: small print for the HOG list; some of the items are extremely small and can be hard to find (but at least it is not a junkpile); some dark areas (have to tilt my laptop to see some areas better). Haven't had problems placing objects, but I owe that to the comments made by other fishies, thanks everyone!

Thank BF for the great game!

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 5:28:40 PM PST

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Nov 30, 10 6:34 PM
ok,so i have been trying to read the crazy carpet but it wont let me put the mag glass on it!!!i used almost the whole demo just doing that!!!so im done. plus i hate these types of graphics, well for the most part anyway. and it wants to freeze my whole system when i try to log out, so its a no way no how buy for me!!!!P.S. sorry im so cranky today!!!

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 6:35:09 PM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 30, 10 7:20 PM
Deleted. Maybe when they fix the programming errors (and YES they are errors!) then I'll revisit. I was excited about a challenge but that doesn't mean I want to spend 5 minutes looking for the exact single pixel to click on to move to another area. Seriously... clicked over and over on everything in the first scene trying to find the spot to click to go to another room. Just... dumb. Fix it guys... you'll make a lot more sales. It looks like a promising game but not worth the headache.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Nov 30, 10 8:58 PM
sinshack wrote:
barbee44 wrote:I'm in the basement(?) and it is very dark even with the light on... the objects are very hard to find. Eye strain. Then I get to the clock puzzle... do exactly what the WT says to do. I see the hand while I have the clock magnified... nothing. Tried about 6 times... now either the WT is faulty or the game because it just doesn't work.

If you want to give it one more try, highlight below for spoiler

There is a little slider button on the bottom of the clock. You need to move it to the right to shut off the pendulum so you can pick up the chimes.
I was about ready to drop my monitor on the floor before I figured that one out, because I could SEE it but not pick it up!

thank you!!!!!

greenladytaz
Stingray
Stingray
4,795 Posts

[Post New]by greenladytaz on Nov 30, 10 11:33 PM
What a frustrating game! The graphics are pretty good, and the music is not aggravating. Before I could go to the library, I fiddled with the cursor for almost 5 minutes. Til it dawned on me, I had to open the guide, look at what all the cursor would do, blah, blah, blah. Then had to look at something else before it would let the cursor open the library door! Got that room done, after figured out how to put 3 books on the table. Got the code behind the painting. Went to basement and got that room done. Went to the upstairs room, and couldn't get the gun out of the drawer, with needing to find a bullet, and the lighter yet. Wait a minute, this is getting so frustrating, I'll just draw a bullet for you, and rummage around, and tape a lighter to the screen! I wouldn't pay 50 cents for this game! I know the developers worked hard, but needed to make it more cursor and user friendly!

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Dec 1, 10 12:23 AM
Whoopee! Having read through most of the comments I was a bit doubtful about my laptop being able to handle this game. No problems whatsoever and I'm using a laptop that will be 4 years old next month and using Win XP. I also assumed the game might be too difficult for my aged brain at this point in my life. Whew, am I glad I decided to go ahead and give it a try anyway!

I'm loving this game and I'm enjoying the challenge of figuring it out. Played the full hour and ended up at the mausoleum attempting to do what was required next. I did have to consult the walkthrough twice, but that is not a big deal to me at all being that I was able to figure out what to do with only a couple of hints in the walkthrough. Soooo, fishies, this aged fish is really looking forward to buying the game in Dec. so I can continue the challenges at a level of difficulty I enjoy.

A couple of years ago I think this game would have thrown me for a loop, but apparently I've played enough hog/adventure games to gain experience in figuring it all out. For any of you who are hesitant to try this game, I'm encouraging you to go for it. The Dragon Dance is a definite

[Post New]by rinavy on Dec 1, 10 3:05 AM
I will be short and to the point, this game stinks period!

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Dec 1, 10 5:07 AM
gailweis wrote:Based on these comments, I can't wait to get home and play. I so love a challenge and would rather be frustrated than having too much hand-holding (as long as there's a walk-through for me to fall back on). I just learned the alt-tab trick and boy, has it saved me loads of time (I used to close out of game - duh!). I'll post again after playing demo.

Gail

Well, I played demo last night and after 1/2 hour immediately bought. Challenging, to say the least. And yes, shadowfax, as you recommended to daisyduck, I learned to click everywhere! Great game.

Gail

Edited on 12/01/2010 at 5:09:25 AM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Dec 1, 10 5:35 AM
I couldn't even make it through the demo on this game. Very frustrating. In part, I believe, because I am used to using items and working my cursor in the relatively same manner in every game. This is a change. Not for the good in my opinion. I found myself hopping around place to place just trying to figure out what to do next. With very little success. I would take a hint and it would say that there is no hint for this location but give me no hint on what to do next. I looked for a walkthrough at 3 different game sites and didn't find one. I may actually buy this sometime in the future but it would only be on a DD or if I am really hard up for something to play. For some reason when I find a game that baffles me like this I end up having to figure it out. I would never buy until I find a walkthrough though.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 10 6:05 AM
This is a very clever game. I have always loved adventure games, and this game combines both a HOG and an adventure game. Thank goodness, no mindless finding objects, but you have to put your thinking cap on as well. However, you get subtly pointed into the right direction, so that you aren´t ever completely stuck.

I had no trouble with the books or the cellar or the carpet or Edmund´s room. I finished the demo with 9 minutes to go, and am already in China, doing my search for various things.

Love this game. Didn´t even need the walkthrough so far. It´s definitely a buy for me.

Oh, and bratzgram... there is a walkthrough right here for this game.
Go to "Today´s New Release", click on the game, and the next page shows you the way to the walkthrough.

Edited on 12/01/2010 at 6:10:33 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 1, 10 6:08 AM
This is a tricky, difficult game that has frustrated me enough that I've had to check the walkthrough several times but that's mainly because all the games I've played lately had some sort of "help" with the cursor changing to a hand etc to indicate what you should do in an area, or worse yet, constant sparkles. This little sucker doesn't do that, you've gotta tough it out! I was on the fence on this one until I realized it was like that bad boy you know is a pain in the *ss but you keep going back because he's so interesting.

[Post New]by franbab on Dec 1, 10 12:09 PM
This game is very frustrating! Some of the objects are too small. Also I get stuck every which way. Can't get the bullet for the gun. Not worth it!!!

[Post New]by MBH1960 on Dec 1, 10 1:13 PM
In a word...sucks! The graphics are lame, the music is very monotonous, no cool sound effects. It is also a slow responding game and glitchy.

Thumbs way down!

Go to: