Fishwhiz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by Fishwhiz on Dec 5, 10 8:40 AM
I collected the bouquet of flowers, gave them to the Parris girl. She is supposed to tell me about a secret box. The flowers disappeared and when I click on her she tells me to go collect flowers which I already have done. I cannot proceed with the game.

Fishwhiz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Fishwhiz on Dec 5, 10 8:40 AM
I collected the bouquet of flowers, gave them to the Parris girl. She is supposed to tell me about a secret box. The flowers disappeared and when I click on her she tells me to go collect flowers which I already have done. I cannot proceed with the game.

Metamorph
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Metamorph on Dec 5, 10 9:34 AM
This game is a resource pig. I see a lot of "screen went black" at different places. Mine went black after giving the object to Tituba. After FINALLY getting out of the game, I checked the resources and it was at 100% of my CPU. So depending on the resources of the computer being used, it is just a matter of time before getting a black screen.
After getting out and waiting, I managed to get back in to a bit after I left but then the time was up.
So if the developers could find where they need a resource release, it would help a lot of us. I have an older computer and usually have to dump the custom cursor, but on this game I also had to uncheck the voice over. I could barely get through the starting movie bit.

punky26
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by punky26 on Dec 5, 10 9:47 AM
The game froze when doing the puzzle in the study. The screen went black. It happens everytime I zoom in on the puzzle. This is the 2nd freezing problem I have had with a Big Fish game in a week. I am cancelling my membership.

[Post New]by pgaugy on Dec 5, 10 9:47 AM
My screen went black on the town puzzle and I can't get past it either. Skip button frozen.

zoohouse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zoohouse on Dec 5, 10 9:58 AM
I'm not quite sure why I bought this when I had a problem with the demo, but I did. Thought maybe it would be alright after reinstalling, but instead it just froze in a different location. First time I couldn't get past talking with the bartender, this time it was the forest scene. I dumped the bucket of water to put out the fire(it sizzled and everything) but it didn't go out and I was not able to fill up the bucket again.
I guess I will patiently wait for BFG to fix.

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by tarbarme on Dec 5, 10 10:53 AM
zoohouse wrote:I'm not quite sure why I bought this when I had a problem with the demo, but I did. Thought maybe it would be alright after reinstalling, but instead it just froze in a different location. First time I couldn't get past talking with the bartender, this time it was the forest scene. I dumped the bucket of water to put out the fire(it sizzled and everything) but it didn't go out and I was not able to fill up the bucket again.
I guess I will patiently wait for BFG to fix.

My issue was the fire and I had about 8 minutes left on the demo. I haven't gotten the game yet and was hoping this would be fixed soon.

Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by sorshasinead on Dec 5, 10 11:04 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by sorshasinead on Dec 5, 10 11:09 AM
Hi, All.

I seem to be having the same technical issue. No problems until the puzzle on the Altar. The 3 runes are supposed to automatically be placed in the puzzle, then you should be able to click on each rune and designate a pathway to each end place for each rune that does not cross over any of the other 3 rune paths. However, once this puzzle was brought up, my entire inventory disappeared and nothing works. The SKIP button is not charging, any of the 3 runes cannot be moved, whether or not you click on them, and nothing advances the game. The game therefore stops dead in the water, and you can't receive the key that you are supposed to get at the end of the puzzle. Because the SKIP button does not work, your game is useless and cannot advance. I will try live chat tomorrow to see if there is a fix for this, but otherwise, the glitch stops game play completely.
Very frustrating.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Dec 5, 10 11:20 AM
have most of the minatures,houses,bridge.exc.but when i go back to servents room all the feathers have disappeared from mask.when i hit hint button,tells me i need to move the wagon blocking path.have already done all of that.so i,m stuck.nothing to be done..

kshee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by kshee on Dec 5, 10 11:56 AM
I am stuck in the servant's quarters. Up until then game was fine but when I went to retrieve feathers from under the bed the scene went dark and I cannot exit out of that area. Inventory is gone now. Tried rebooting but the same thing happens. I am going to ask for a refund.

[Post New]by dindywoo on Dec 5, 10 11:57 AM
mercyone wrote:I'm having trouble with the model town, can't place the pieces in fact can't move them at all. I closed out the game and went back in and still nothing, anybody have any ideas, I almost forgot the skip button is either not working or frozen.

I had exactly the same problem. Was really enjoying the game. What is going on!!!

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Dec 5, 10 12:12 PM
When I clicked on the acorn at the base of the tree near the Commons gate, the game froze up and my inventory disappeared. I closed the game and restarted it, but my inventory was still gone. Done.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Dec 5, 10 12:33 PM
[b] HELP gosh I was giving rave reviews of game thinking it is fantastic and then it happened. I opened town gates talked to bartender went out side noticed clean windows and wanted to dirty them. I saw mud puddle I had not noticed before and dipped the bucket in the puddle. The screen goes dark, nothing happens, no way out and my bucket is gone. I exit the game and return to the game and OH NO my bucket is gone from the inventory with the knife and I am not sure what other inventory items are gone. Please help how do I get the knife and bucket back? BFG I bought this game like others complaining and we need this inventory problem fixed ASAP. If anyone else has had this happen and can tell me how to get my full inventory back I would appreciate it. Really sad this is a great game and I usually never restart games or replay them.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Dec 5, 10 12:45 PM
kittyruss wrote:I got to the bucket to put dirty water on the taverns windows and it wont let me gat the muddy water,HOPE THEY GET THESE GAMES FIXED ITS MY 3 one unable to get full play .

YES at least misery likes company and I know I am not the only one. I did the same thing put bucket in muddy water, screen goes black, not able to do anything so I go to menu exit and return and start again. My save game was saved but the bucket is gone and the knife in inventory don't know what else is missing. Nothing left to do. I have vista home premium, nivida Geforce 8800 3 gig ram. Please BFG get the game co. to fix this inventory problem we are counting on you.

cardlyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cardlyn on Dec 5, 10 1:11 PM
i lost my inventory 4 times by find it back when i exited the game entirely (back to game manager). Now i'm stuck at the Paris House after giving the flowers. Ihad to go back to game manager cause i lost my inventory and came back to the game. Have my inventory , no flowers and can't get more flowers from the forest. All that in less than 2 hours

rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by rozanne123 on Dec 5, 10 1:59 PM
After reading this I am sorry I bought the game, nothing but problems. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. It locks up, error messages and disappearing inventory. I hope they post when they fix it all.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Dec 5, 10 2:21 PM
So much for a leisurely relaxing Sunday catching up on demos!

I seem to be screwed earlier than most peeps. After distracting the guard I went in the back of the wagon & supposedly "took" the bucket. It's both in inventory & still in the wagon! And now the wagon screen refuses to close; the X is dead & even clicking outside it, which usually works, doesn't. I can't continue on to go anywhere w/ this popup still in the way.

This looked like it was going to be better than Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets, but since so far all I did was escape from the burning house & play a stupid chase game thru the cornfield (seriously, is this a kid's game to incl that?) b4 freezing up, who knows?

WHAT is up w/ all these tech messes? I'm sorry, we don't work for tech support & we haven't volunteered to be beta testers. We should not have to waste our time following troubleshooting links merely to get a DEMO to run properly. I've just updated Flash & nVidia recently; there shouldn't be an issue at all for me. Lots of ppl seem to be having the same prob I did, but in different spots in the game. Obvs this game has MANY issues & needs a rebuild if we can't even get a demo to perform.

No sale when I'm stuck after 10 min of play! Are you kidding me? How does BFG acquire their games that they don't notice how horrifically tech-impaired they all are lately? No one actually PLAYS them to make sure they work b4 offering them for sale? They should. Then they would find these messes & get them fixed b4 trying to sell them. "Trying" being the operative word b/c it's always a bad sign when the tech issues thread is longer than the comments & review thread. That means a lot of ppl are going "NO SALE".

Y'all need to get some kind of better testing system in place here. There appears to be absolutely no quality assurance to customers w/ these lousy games. This is NOT how it used to be here.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Dec 5, 10 2:54 PM
Thanks to scarlet lldy6 and all the fishes for the info on Salem. The tech issues have gotten so bad on these games, before I even try the demo, I go to the forum and read what has happened to everyone. This forum started on 12/4 and everyone is STILL having issues so this game is a pass for me. Guess BF hasn't checked the forum lately.

I have always had a full punch card ever since they started it, but, last month I didn't and probably won't for a while until they stop putting out so many games each day that we have to work around the tech issues to play the demo! I think they rush to get out the games and maybe when "whittling" down the collector's editions to regular editions, glitches happen. Oh well, will go back to playing poker and solitaire from a disc I purchased and installed myself.

[Post New]by Quincy11 on Dec 5, 10 3:09 PM
after solving the town map, my screen went black.

Go to: