hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted: A Haunted Carol

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 7, 10 4:51 PM
There's no way I'm buying this game because it's too short and too easy. I was on Chapter 5 when my demo ended. It just isn't worth $7.49 for the 4 remaining chapters.

sue5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sue5 on Dec 7, 10 4:51 PM
This is the quickest game I have ever played, it was quite good but not worth buying. I was stupid and bought it cos I thought maybe there was going to be more to it. Okay for beginners.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Dec 7, 10 5:11 PM
I checked the walkthrough after I finished my hour demo. I got about 2/3 through the game. It was a good game to play, but not long enough for me to purchase. Maybe later on as a Daily Deal...

[Post New]by stftokimo on Dec 7, 10 5:25 PM
I guess I won't be playing the demo. I keep getting error #771

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Dec 7, 10 5:56 PM
Graphics are good and l liked story line. The objectswere to easy for me, almost finshed the demo. this is a cute game, but to short for me, a no buy (for me)

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 7, 10 6:08 PM
My fellow leisurely players, elldee, joyce (senior moment here) and others, you know who you are, yes, isn't this a little pleasure for December? Maybe I wouldn't have used a $6.99 credit on it, but why even wait for a DD when I get it free? Well, I earned punch codes from buying 12 or 18 games a month, or 6 DDs cheap, but all and all these are the little enjoyable treats I like (best things in small packages?). Nope, I'm not racing or watching the clock either, I'm watching the game. And usually see more and more interesting graphics detailing I missed when I replay. I never replay long games, too much time already invested and frustration, stuck, unstuck, now where was I? What are we doing again?

Last year I had a gift cert from someone and I went for another "short, stupid" Christmas game, a match3 'PERFECT TREE". Had a hard time finding it today as I thought Christmas Tree, it is under P. Easy but fun m3 then trimming your tree with the goodies from different ways, buy them, upgrade, put packages under tree, lights etc. OK just 100 levels, lots of complainers but hey, it was so much fun and got me in the "Spirit" a few levels a day. Some of the Christmas or winter themed m3 balked at my system, older games. So, this Carol too is just up my alley this year, and can replay if I choose to just relax and listen to my Christmas music.

This time of year the last thing I need to eat up my valued time is one more long complex game I keep postponing to resume. If I get interrupted, no problem on this.

What would make a great holiday game would be my fav It's A Wonderful Life!! going back in time, changing your life by unforseen happenings and seeing how it was right for you when it felt otherwise, and a guardian angel, Clarence trying to earn his wings. I can see options for different outcomes. Get started devs. Meantime, I'm enjoying this, smooth easy play, no glitches, no pressures on top of what's already filled my mind. Just play with it, and yes, what wonderful true to era and locale scenes and objects anyone can see. Fits my bill. Sorry for those who are so disappointed, maybe next year.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 7, 10 7:03 PM
I played the demo and got caught up in the storyline so I bought it! I liked that the clock puzzle was skippable if I didn't feel like playing it. It was the same puzzle over and over but I didn't mind because lately I've been skipping puzzles anyway because i'm stressed looking for a new job, LOL! Anyway I enjoyed the game and I'm glad I got it.
ETA: there were a few other puzzles too but honestly I am so stressed right now I skip about every puzzle in every game, LOL!

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 7:04:42 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 7, 10 7:23 PM
Well, the ****'s are fairly easy to find. It is sort of a fun game. Nice clear picture, and a bit of a twist on the story. The only thing I really didn't like were the sparkles...they were so light, you almost missed them. Have to look at the WT to see how far i got before I decide to purchase. Already almost through the 3rd spirit. Weren't there only 3? Happy gaming.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Dec 7, 10 7:48 PM
jencollett wrote:marley murdered by Scrooge - it's a travesty. There is scope for a wonderful game based on what happened to Scrooge!!!

This game however is only average and I won't br buying

I agree - this is such a classic tale with a wonderful message of the power redemption, forgiveness and love that to make it about murder is being guilty of MURDER!!!!!

The story has sooooo much in itself that could have made a wonderful Christmas game for this time of year - toooo bad!!!!!

A no buy for me - if game developers want to steal another person's idea they should stick to the heart of the original author or come up with their own tale - shame, shame!!!!!
IMNSHO

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 7, 10 7:52 PM
dancemom1 That sparkles thing gave me a grin. Comments are so full of hate handholding, hate sparkles, then who likes them. I'm one who gets giddy seeing a whole mass of sparkles when a scene opens (the saving grace in RTR to keep me going, the HOGS where I can relax and hunt between going for puzzle help). That was something I thought on this one, look hard, those sparkles may fade out, they certainly didn't yell at you LOL. Same thing with us refusing games with teeny objects, I didn't need one hint on any of them even on a small laptop. But the scenes are all easy on the eyes and nicely drawn.

So, I enjoyed my 54 minutes late in the night, still in chapter 3, not sure which angel, maybe the second with 6 chapters to go, installed the rest and went to sleep. I'll get back to it tonight and finish. My only confusion was when I went around a few scenes and had a crowbar, couldn't open that boarded window, then found a doorknob, went back and used the knob first and was in the shop. But my crowbar disappeared and I swear I hadn't used it, boards were still on the window somewhere. Maybe I was too sleepy to remember using it, or if out of sequence it didn't matter. When I went back the boards were still there. Have to check that out tonight, probably player error not a glitch as is usually the case with me. That's enough challenge for me late at night, if something doesn't work I know is the right tool, maybe have to do something somewhere else and go back to accomplish it. Some adv ihogs others call linear, or non linear, I got PMd misusing the terms, seems there is a "semi-linear". OK, I just can't call a game linear when I have to keep going to and fro to complete tasks that wouldn't work before this or that. Linear in the devs order I guess. Still didn't need WT to figure anything else out. That's a big plus in my gaming. 10 years gaming I don't need a "starter" game for beginners, I like a"finisher" game so I can either play again if it was fun, or go on buy something else. I guess I just like to buy pleasure, not pain. Is that taste level or difficulty level that puts a game on the charts? If we used stars I'd give 4, being seasonal only.

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 7:58:10 PM PST

ryanjohn
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ryanjohn on Dec 7, 10 7:56 PM
Will not buy because:

--Game too easy
--Too short (on a budget so length does matter to me)
--Puzzles were so easy they shouldn't have been in the game
--**** scenes were not crowded enough to make it a challenging search

Pros of the game:

--Great storyline
--Good graphics
--Nice combination of HOG/IHOG and adventure
--Relaxing game if you have the money or credit to spend

slruser
Salmon
Salmon
2,654 Posts

[Post New]by slruser on Dec 7, 10 8:14 PM
In the spirit of the season, I bought this game today with no real expectations. I resisted reading any reviews and did not even trial it before purchasing. I completed the game in about 2 ½ hours, so I was glad that I got it with a credit.

While this game offers superior graphics and some lovely holiday scenes along with the spooky stuff, I would not consider it of the ‘dark & eerie’ genre. The developers have taken great license with the original Dickens tale, so literary purists should be forewarned.

The game is not timed and leans more toward a straight HOG, rather than an adventure. The gameplay is very linear and with only one level of play, there is no way to avoid the hand-holding guidance. I tried the Hint system just to see how it performed, and found that Hints recharged almost immediately. There are no real ‘mini-games’, however moving between time periods (past, present and future - as called for in the traditional story) involves aligning clock hands, etc. Very repetitive and I was quickly bored with this little task, although it can be skipped.

By far, the gorgeous graphics are the best feature of this game. The scenes are extremely detailed and I found myself gazing at them, hoping for a more sophisticated hidden object challenge. My overall feeling is that this game is fine for a quick holiday diversion that doesn’t involve Santa and elves. However, experienced gamers should not expect a challenge or lengthy play time.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 7, 10 9:06 PM
puzzledone,

what a great post. Here's one of your fellow leisurely,
players having just a delightful time with this game.
Finished in just slightly over three hours and enjoyed
every minute of it. The perfect day for an easy diversion
and got it for a PC coupon, too.

Joyce

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Dec 7, 10 10:00 PM
A significant game for this time of the year. I throughly enjoyed playing this game. Ran out of trial time, but will purchase. The story line is noteworthy and with a twist of legend. It's not that difficult, but gives you an allegory in good taste. Definitely a and Lov'n It!

Nolaj
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Nolaj on Dec 7, 10 10:53 PM
Everything worked fine, I have problems with my regular computer with the cursor wiggling, but not my laptop.

Now my only complaint is for the price it was way to short of a game. I expected it to be good for a good long time, but not. If I had realized how short it was I would not have purchased it.

It is nice on the graphics and works well, so guess I need to not complain.

Blessings for the New year.

tinatoerat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by tinatoerat on Dec 8, 10 12:11 AM
jencollett wrote:marley murdered by Scrooge - it's a travesty. There is scope for a wonderful game based on what happened to Scrooge!!!

This game however is only average and I won't br buying

I agree...a sad travesty that twists the original story beyond belief.
Scrooge=evil is not the story of A Christmas Carol. You could do a twisted Christmas Carol without this.

Also pretty dull gameplay.

[Post New]by thewitchwv2 on Dec 8, 10 12:28 AM
I purchased this game. It has some definite gliches. Graphics are ok, and gameplay, although a little slow is ok, but some can only get to a certain point and can't play any further. Should at least give credits on other games in exchange. Would not recommend for purchase until all of the bugs have been worked out.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 8, 10 12:41 AM
This Game had great potential with it's very interesting storyline, but it was way too short! If it wasn't so short, I would have bought it but as it is now, no sale at the moment. Will wait until it comes out for $2.99.

[Post New]by OptimusPrimal on Dec 8, 10 2:53 AM
I really liked this take on the traditional christmas carol tale. It had a good mix of adventure and HOG levels and it took me a while to find everything. The best part is the scenes which look great and really detailed! Check it out if you're after something a little different for the holidays

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 8, 10 2:57 AM
Nice graphics, short and easy. But I'm very disappointed that the story is so different from Dickens' book. It loses all it's charm. Where is the idea of redemption ? Christmas is coming fast, it would have been a good idea to get a happy ending with Scrooge too, like in the book. He never ever was a murderer, a vicious usurer, just as Marley. Dickens is just an easy pretext to make silly people like me buy the game. Could have been such a great, longer game if the story had been followed, a shame and a pity. I do regret having bought it, will never show it to my grandchildren, will have them read my old book.....

Go to: