sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 21, 10 10:25 AM
Absolutely the WORST game ever and that is saying some. If you do not follow EXACTLY the proper order you are frozen out the game. This has happened to me now TWICE and I have given up after paying $6.99. I have played many of these adventure games throughout the years including Siberia and SIberia II. The girl actually looks like the girl form that series. However, I have never had an escape door for the puzzles. For example, in the beginning I did not open the package with a knife; instead I opened it with the nail file. Thus, the logic controlling this game, froze me out and I could not longer continue. In the next incidence, I didn't take a picture of the markings at the RR crossing and then entered the theater and now it won't let me escape. Keeps telling me I am missing something. I have read the strategy guide and have the reel and the picture of the seating area. I have been playing adventure games for 15 years istarting with the original 7th Guest, plus all the Nancy Drew games and MOnkey's Island etc. However, nothing compares to the sheer stupidity of this game. Very poorly constructed, lousy graphics as well. I realize there are those who think this game is the greatest thing they have ever played. However why don't you try some other adventure games out there. After that, I think you will agree that there are just too many glitches. However if you read the strategy guide throughout the game, I guess you will get through. Believe me, there are few games that have as many glitches as this one.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 21, 10 12:44 PM
This is a GREAT game. And I don't see anywhere that if you don't follow a sequence you are "frozen" out of the game. The only problems I had were graphically and once I turned off my Aero and followed the instructions later in the tech problems post, and turned off the "shadows& fx" and the "background animations" in options, haven't had those problems. This is a pure adventure game, not a HOG, this is like a Nancy Drew or Syberia game. You utilize left click, right click, double click both on scene items and in inventory. This is probably not for those who like hand holding. I've had to check a couple of times with the walkthrough. This is so much fun! You become totally immersed in the case!

I'm not super happy about the dialogues though... they are...either badly translated or just strange at times. But I don't mind. I love playing in the lab.

Wonderfully crisp and clear scenes (although the cut scenes/movies tend to be a bit pixelated at times)

I am thoroughly enjoying this and it is much better (except for the dialog) than the last one.

This is NOT a bad game, it is a GREAT game, but you have to LIKE this type of game to enjoy it. If you like this type of game, you will LOVE it. If you don't like this type of game, you won't.

This is definitely a thinking, solving, sleuthing game. Also, I would rate it for adults or I guess PG13 for content and a tiny bit of language. This is a murder mystery.

Also, I still cannot play it from the Game Manager. Have to go to the file and start it from there. I don't mind that though. But it would be nice if it worked perfectly.

For the person looking for a great Match 3, try the Cradle of Rome 2! Great Game!

[Post New]by ldollins5006 on Dec 22, 10 3:51 PM
Loved this game and the Hunt for the Puppeteer!! What are some other large file games that may be similar to these 2 games. I'm new to the large files but i'm loving it. I played Sinking Island but didn't seem to enjoy it near as much.

Thanks

bfglgp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bfglgp on Dec 22, 10 11:20 PM
Is there a way to skip the VERY LONG introduction? If I have 15-20 minutes to play, I don't want to waste 5 of that on watching the intro again.

Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

[Post New]by bumblenut2 on Dec 23, 10 5:48 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by bumblenut2 on Dec 23, 10 5:51 AM
Having the same problem as the last game in this series the pointer is all over the place love these games but can not seem to get a reliable down load.

[Post New]by bumblenut2 on Dec 23, 10 5:55 AM
bfglgp wrote:Is there a way to skip the VERY LONG introduction? If I have 15-20 minutes to play, I don't want to waste 5 of that on watching the intro again.

Just press theescape button and bypass all the intro

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Dec 23, 10 8:39 AM
Cards of Destiny is an enjoyable game for adventure lovers. It is designed for experienced adventure-gamers as there is no Help system, no directions, and no on-screen hints like sparkles or glows. There are, however, clues that assist a player in resolving some of the puzzles. While it may be annoying to hear our heroine say "no way" this is actually a hint that you've either selected the wrong item or that something must be done to it before it is usable.

Most of the situations/puzzles are not so difficult that you can't figure them out even without a walk-through. I say "most" because I had to resort to one to successfully pass the power plant scene. Egads, lasers!

Not a game for the easily frustrated. But for die-hard adventure gamers, it's worth playing.

Mercy_red
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Mercy_red on Dec 24, 10 6:36 AM
I do agree with some others out there that there are glitches out there, I didnt collect the bricks in the yard and went into the theatre and it wouldn't let me out to go get bricks to operate the mechanism for the curtain. I had to go back to a previous saved game, note to the developers that this needs to be ironed out, I have been playing adventure games for years and have played all of the main ones mentioned and the game never lets you progress if you still need to pick up or take note of something you need later on. On the other hand I really enjoyed this game but guess I only had one glitch and if it had kept happening I might not have been so enthuisastic

Mercy_red
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Mercy_red on Dec 24, 10 6:40 AM
ldollins5006 wrote:Loved this game and the Hunt for the Puppeteer!! What are some other large file games that may be similar to these 2 games. I'm new to the large files but i'm loving it. I played Sinking Island but didn't seem to enjoy it near as much.

Thanks

Have you tried Mysterious Island 1 and 2., theres a new one out called Lost Horizon on dvd rom, and both Syberia's are good

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Dec 24, 10 9:28 PM
I definitely give this game . The technical and grahics are smooth and I can relate to the location of where the action is *New York and Jersey City. I love the adventure, mystery, detective games, searching for clues, objects and keeping tabs on the necessary clues to secure the game at the end. I have no problem with the length or as some say the slowness of the game. This is all fun to me which is necessary to do good detective work. Remember not all cases can be solved in 24 hours. Lov'n it!

[Post New]by case_closed on Dec 25, 10 6:14 AM
Holiday wish list for game reviewers:

Gamers are looking for "game reviews" !

1) If you don't like a cetain type of game it is NOT necessary to jump on every review thread of this type of game to tell us so once again - wew get the picture

2) If you refuse to buy games that do not provide an opportunity to "try the game before buying" it is NOT necessary to jump on every review of this type of game to tell us so once again - we get the picture

3) If you "only" play the "trial" we don't consider it a "game review" therefore it's not necessary to post

Thank you and have a safe and happy holiday!

Edited on 12/25/2010 at 6:19:37 AM PST

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Dec 26, 10 7:00 AM
Case-closed - chill we are all friendly amateurs here just giving our opinion. Guess with 2 posts you are new to the pond maybe you did not realize the forums are always the same-just us fish trying to let others know what we found out in the trial to save money and time for others. If you are looking for a pro to tell you all about the game, there are sites that do that. They don't have to buy the game then find ot that it does not work on their machine or that it is far from interesting, or even that the promo says hidden object to get the attention of **** fans but there is only one **** scene in the game.
I've gotten to know some of these fish by their reviews and know what ones tend to like the games I like. They have saved me some time and money.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Dec 26, 10 12:59 PM
This game is really great. had on problem with any of it and the "?' is for hints.
Tells you where to go and exactly where to place your item of inventory.
have played all three of this series. Waiting for the next one.

[Post New]by wendylosangeles on Dec 27, 10 1:51 PM
love love love this game. I have played all the other Art of Murder Games, and maybe I am just used to the tricks of the trade, but I have found this one to be slightly easier than the others. Thoroughly enjoying it yay!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Dec 27, 10 7:29 PM
Played Demo Only
I was disappointed in this game. I played Art of Murder: Hunt for the puppeteer and really liked it so was expecting something like it or better. First, there were no voices and the dialogue was hard to read or click through. The dialogue was not done well and got tedious after awhile. The quality was not what I expected.

The person who complained about linearity of the game. I opened the package with the nail file also instead of the knife and kept on playing just fine. It did not stop the game.

Alt-Tab minimized the game so I could refer to the walk-through to find out how to get out of the apartment.

No glitches for me, the worn-out dialogue and lack of voice overs turned me off of the game.

[Post New]by case_closed on Dec 28, 10 7:02 AM
lentenrose....thanks for your response but it appears that you did not understand what I posted so I'll repost it as we are quite obviously talking apples and oranges:

Holiday wish list for game reviewers:

Gamers are looking for "game reviews" !

1) If you don't like a cetain type of game it is NOT necessary to jump on every review thread of this type of game to tell us so once again - we get the picture

2) If you refuse to buy games that do not provide an opportunity to "try the game before buying" it is NOT necessary to jump on every review of this type of game to tell us so once again - we get the picture

3) If you "only" play the "trial" we don't consider it a "game review" therefore it's not necessary to post

Thank you and have a safe and happy holiday from the chilled one!:

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 8:01:03 AM PST

[Post New]by earthfairies on Dec 30, 10 11:03 AM
This game is just Awesome!!! I cannot say enough good things about it. It seems to go on forever. Absolutely one of the best games I have played here. I love all of the Art of Murder series and this one is my favorite. So many twists and turns and just when you think it might be the ending it keeps going. Kudos to you Big Fish for bringing us this game and a big Kudos to Interactive City for making the Art of Murder Series. Please keep it up. I can hardly wait for a 4th or 5th or 6th in the Series of Nicole Bonnet FBI Investigations.

[Post New]by radarguy on Jan 1, 11 9:56 AM
so far, I don't like this game at all! no instruction, no help, just wander around blindly and try to find some way to play the game! I've bought alot of games from this site but this one just seems to blow....

[Post New]by radarguy on Jan 1, 11 10:01 AM
is anyone else disappointed by the lack of instruction, explanation, or assistance of any knid about how to play this game?

Go to: