janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:"Cannons in swamp" explanations compiled here

[Post New]by janetwhat on Oct 14, 11 6:56 PM
WilJul

I have come this far today and am pooped, so I will pick up again tomorrow and give this a try - AGAIN,

Thanks.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 15, 11 9:37 AM
janetwhat wrote:WilJul

I have come this far today and am pooped, so I will pick up again tomorrow and give this a try - AGAIN,

Thanks.

Good luck, janetwhat! You can do it!
WilJul

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Oct 17, 11 3:01 AM
WilJul wrote:
janetwhat wrote:WilJul

Thanks.

Good luck, janetwhat! You can do it!
WilJul

Worked perfectly with your explanation.

Thanks.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 23, 11 8:52 PM
Excellent news! Congratulations!

"Cannons in swamp" explanations compiled here

[Post New]by fatlady60 on Jan 4, 12 11:38 PM
WilJul wrote:I have compiled several different explanations for solving the "cannons in the swamp" puzzle. Perhaps one of them will be the one which makes you go "ah-hah!" (I have not credited the original posters (forgot to copy that part) I hope you all don't mind. Let me know if you do and I'll remove yours.) First a few things you should know:

* All of the solutions to the cannon puzzles are generated randomly each time the game is played. So any solutions found in the walkthrough, strategy guide, or from other players WILL NOT work in YOUR game. You must find the exact solution on your own.
* You must find all of the small pieces of the map - or stamps - before you can solve this puzzle. Once you have found the map pieces in your game they will automatically be added to your map around the left, right and top margins. There are 18 map pieces total, or 6 per cannon.
* When you zoom in to a cannon you will see a symbol on the top. Under that will be a row of six small buttons. Under those will be three buttons numbered "I", "V" and "X".
* You can zoom in on the map to see sections of it better by clicking on it twice. Click once more to zoom back out.
* Each detailed explanation is separated from the next by a row of several stars***

OK, here we go:

Zoom in on the cannon and note the symbol at the top.
Open your map. Find the corresponding symbol on the map. There will be two of them. Between those two identical symbols are six small map pieces or stamps with a small, cropped portion of the map on it. Look closely at the stamp piece and find the corresponding location on the map. At that location will be a Roman numeral. Write it down. Now find the other five roman numerals corresponding to the other five map pieces. Once you have all numerals, close your map, and pull up the cannon. Enter all six roman numerals in the order they were listed on the map (from left to right if using the top of the map pieces, and from top to bottom if using either side pieces). Once you have entered the numeral correctly one of the small buttons above the I,V,X buttons will depress. Each time you enter the correct numeral a small button will depress. Once you have entered all numerals correctly the cannon will rise, click on it to get your skulls.

Most importantly, make sure you have all of your stamps around your map. There should be no stamp-sized gaps between them. If you're missing any, then go through the game and find any unsolved puzzles.

Minska
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Minska on Mar 30, 12 12:25 AM
Am on the last cannon.

The number for the second symbol (the one with pars of the necklace and sword in the top left corner) is xxii when I enter it nothing happens)

[Post New]by Katbalz on Apr 2, 12 5:12 PM
I am having the same problem....last cannon...second entry. It won't take the roman numeral that corresponds to the map piece. HELP

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 21, 12 3:44 AM
This only occurs when the numerals are incorrect. Sorry, I 'd suggest you double check it. Good luck!

[Post New]by Jonipewes on Apr 29, 12 4:24 PM
Help me if you can I am stuck on the last cannon in the swamp, I have taken the boat to the cannon and it will not accept the code, I have written down all six codes from the map I have rechecked the map several times and am sure I have the codes correct I am trying to put them in the correct order but the only code to get a button to go down is the last code on my list that I wrote down. The other cannons and their codes worked fine, I am really stuck on this any help I can get would be appreciated.

anjowi49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by anjowi49 on May 11, 12 12:57 AM
I have the Mac version of this game, and I am having trouble with the second cannon. The first cannon I solved and I also solved the third one (that you have to use the raft to get to) but on the second cannon, it's like I have the wrong list of numbers, because they don't work.
What do I do? Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 11, 12 6:44 PM
anjowi49 wrote:I have the Mac version of this game, and I am having trouble with the second cannon. The first cannon I solved and I also solved the third one (that you have to use the raft to get to) but on the second cannon, it's like I have the wrong list of numbers, because they don't work.
What do I do? Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

anjowi49 & Jonipewes, have you tried the following suggestions from the first page of this thread?
Suggestions:

1) Make sure you're using the exact sequence of 6 numbers, and that it's the sequence matching the symbol on the cannon.
I know I'm repeating other posts, but: each cannon has a symbol that corresponds to the map bits on only one side of the map, and they have to be entered into the cannon in the exact order the bits are arranged in- for the 6 bits on the top of the map, that's left to right, and for the bits on the sides, it's top to bottom.

2) Double-check the incorrect number on the map to make sure you wrote it down correctly. (I've played the game through 4 times, and on my 3rd go I wrote a number down wrong... put VII when it was VIII.)
Also, there are a couple of numbers on the map that are sideways; all the ones I've had read from bottom to top (left to right if you'd turned the map sideways once to the right), but I won't swear that's true for every number on the map that's sideways. Point being that if your number's on the map sideways, try inputting it backwards from the way you wrote it down.

3) Double-check the stamp/map bit the number's based on; zoom in to the map, and make absolutely sure it EXACTLY matches the map. There are several locations which are similar, and there are several locations where numbers are close together... in both cases you may have written down a wrong number. (I did that too!

If you've tried all of that and still can't get it, you may need to check in with tech support. Are either of you playing the iPad version? It seems to be verrrrry glitchy!
Good luck!

[Post New]by Jesterina on Jul 10, 12 1:09 AM
I had problem with a cannon , not because of the numbers, which were correct, it was the order , in my case I had to enter numbers from left side of map from bottom to top. Yahoo!

The ones on right were top to bottom.

So besides numbers being random, I guess order is random also for everyone.

Edited on 07/10/2012 at 1:11:34 AM PST

[Post New]by Doneliz on Jul 25, 12 11:10 AM
Thank you. I finally got all of the skulls - went to the clearing & put the skulls in
there proper spots according to the walk thru nothing happens. I rechecked
the 13 skulls in their right places. So what do I do now - no ship appears in
the swamp!
I went back to check on a few things & for some reason when I took the
13th Skull another one came out right after maybe that is causing the
glitch because I have an extra XIII Skull in my inventory. I am stumped!

Edited on 07/25/2012 at 12:27:43 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 28, 12 2:39 AM
Doneliz wrote:Thank you. I finally got all of the skulls - went to the clearing & put the skulls in
there proper spots according to the walk thru nothing happens. I rechecked
the 13 skulls in their right places. So what do I do now - no ship appears in
the swamp!
I went back to check on a few things & for some reason when I took the
13th Skull another one came out right after maybe that is causing the
glitch because I have an extra XIII Skull in my inventory. I am stumped!

Hi doneliz! Are you using the placement schematics you received from your game? You cannot use the placement order found anywhere else (ie the walkthrough or strategy guide), as this is unique to every game. I've not yet heard of anyone acquiring 2 #13 skulls, that is bizarre. I'm just not sure if that would affect your ability to complete the puzzle or not!

[Post New]by Memewolliams on Aug 12, 12 1:27 PM
If I enter wrong number, do I have to rest cannon somehow before I try again?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 14, 12 4:37 PM
Memewolliams wrote:If I enter wrong number, do I have to rest cannon somehow before I try again?

I believe if the number is wrong all the small buttons pop up so it sort of resets for you and you must start again.

Edited on 08/14/2012 at 4:39:55 PM PST

WickedOne9
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by WickedOne9 on Feb 24, 13 3:14 PM
WilJul wrote:
Memewolliams wrote:If I enter wrong number, do I have to rest cannon somehow before I try again?

I believe if the number is wrong all the small buttons pop up so it sort of resets for you and you must start again.

I haven't tried this yet, but I am SURE it will work - just wanted to Thank You, WilJul for your help!!

Love these games but they sure tire out my brain

[Post New]by MissEng on Apr 13, 13 10:43 AM
So I'm on my third cannon and I'm stuck. The first number didn't work BUT the second one did. The rest of the numbers don't work. I even tried plugging ALL the numbers from the map in. Help please.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 13, 13 11:08 PM
MissEng wrote:So I'm on my third cannon and I'm stuck. The first number didn't work BUT the second one did. The rest of the numbers don't work. I even tried plugging ALL the numbers from the map in. Help please.

Hi MissEng! Welcome to the forum!

I'm not quite clear on how to help. I'm not sure exactly what the issue is. You need to the enter the roman numerals in the order that the map pieces are listed. If your first number on a cannon is wrong the cannon will reset and you have to start again until you get the first one correct. In other words, you really can't get the first one wrong and the second one right, if I'm understanding you correctly.

Just make sure that you are entering the correct series of Roman Numerals in the correct cannon, that you have matched the map pieces precisely to their location (many of the map pieces have only very subtle differences that must be matched to the map) and that you have entered the numerals exactly as they appear on the map (for example, many folks accidentally added or subtracted an "I". Also, if the numerals run vertically on your map, try entering them forward or backward if it's not easy to tell which way they should go.)

There are many more tips and explanations on the first page of this thread. Have you tried looking at some of those to see if they would help? Good luck!

[Post New]by djinnandtonic on May 27, 13 3:55 PM
Thank you WilJul. I never would have figured out the cannons myself.

Go to: