scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of Mortlake Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by scs2 on Jan 13, 11 11:55 AM
It's frozen my MacBook twice now. Is anyone working on this? The game gets good reviews, but I've now spent over 10 of my 60 free trial minutes waiting through a VERY slow load and then having to reboot.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 13, 11 2:00 PM
Hi susan3285 and scs2,

For technical issues with the Mac version of Mystery of Mortlake Mansion, I'd recommend taking a look at this help article:

Mac Game Errors

I'd also recommend contacting our technical support team, as they'll be happy to help further and they can also report issues to the game's developer. They can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

susan3285
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by susan3285 on Jan 13, 11 8:27 PM
I have downloaded the stuffit as per the tech support and the game still will not open. Does no one try these out before offering them for sale? Do you intend to fix this error?

smoge
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by smoge on Jan 14, 11 11:44 AM
Another unhappy MacBook Pro user here. It took 10 mins. for the game to load and then I sat for another 10 through jerky graphics, sound cutting out and an inability to use the cursor. As soon as the glitches abated long enough, I quit.

I spend only about an hour a week playing games. I just don't have time to chase down solutions or spend half an hour with customer service every time a game fails. I'd expect that testing would fix bugs before a game is released on BFG. Even as economical as BFG is, it's hard to justify paying for membership and games when the few games that are challenging enough to warrant purchase don't even work.

Perhaps when my children are grown, I can become a "gamer" and take time to fix glitches. Sadly, for now, I'll have to look elsewhere for relaxation.

Until then, happy gaming, Big Fishermen/women.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 14, 11 10:37 PM
Another Mac user here. Took a long time to load when first starting game, over two minutes just to get to the main menu. Very aggravating when playing a timed demo.

Then the very first runic note didn't go into my inventory. Took me forever to figure out why I couldn't progress in the game. I started over under a new profile and it went into my inventory this time and I was able to progress.

Game was very slow moving from scene to scene and jerky in places.

[Post New]by wildmage141 on Jan 15, 11 7:01 AM
Another Mac user here. It took at least 3 minutes to get through the loading screen, then it just sat at around 95% loaded. I waited a minute or so then force-quit and restarted. I managed to get to the main menu (after some horrifically jerky and spastic video and audio) and then the screen went blank. Cue another restart.

As a result, I have used up 6 minutes of trial time without even getting into the game.

This is one my first MAJOR issues with any game from BFG and am really disappointed.

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Jan 15, 11 11:13 AM
sular wrote:i just downloaded this game but i could not open it. it does not open. i try to open it in everyway. so what should i do BFG?

I downloaded the trial version for Mac and spent THIRTEEN MINUTES on THREE separate occasions waiting for the game to load. It shows the initial screen with the thermometer bar "loading" (incredibly, painfully slowly) and then just stalls out.

Waste of time. Complete and utter waste of time.

#BIGFISHFAIL

BeccaKay
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by BeccaKay on Jan 18, 11 1:48 PM
Another Mac user here. Same thing. I got about 15 minutes of gameplay in my hour. I would love to buy this game as there are so few anymore for 10.4, but it would drive me nuts waiting so long for everything!

[Post New]by crimson_heart on Jan 18, 11 6:33 PM
Another mac user (imac running 10.6.6) having the same issues as mentioned above. I, too, have had problems with the game loading, stalling during cut scenes, and crashing. I was able to play a bit (as long as I was patient) and I really liked what I saw. I would like to buy the game but won't do unless these issues are resolved. I hope for myself and others it gets updated. Thanks.

[Post New]by consultspeakjen on Jan 20, 11 7:24 PM
First off, for some reason, I haven't seen an answer for on this forum yet, I too recieved the demo mode and not the full mode with my purchase. This happened on 2 other games purchsed at the same time. Secondly, the graphics were all messed up and everything is pixilated, the birds looked like flying squares, and the seek and find games were impossible due to all the items being a big pile of overlapping dark undistiguishable squares.

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Jan 22, 11 3:16 PM
I have put all the ingredients in the bowl to make the acid but the window won't close so I can't use the flask. I can't go any further without the acid. When I close and reopen the window it tells me I need a recipe and to put objects from the table into the bowl. I'm a Mac user and it takes forever to load.

BeccaKay
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by BeccaKay on Jan 22, 11 5:19 PM
BFG? Is anyone out there? No answer for Mac users on this game yet?

BeccaKay
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by BeccaKay on Jan 23, 11 3:22 PM
So, tell me, if there's no technical help for this game, why is this thread here?

[Post New]by vurdebrud on Jan 24, 11 1:59 PM
After the part where you find the Crystal Charging Manual, my pc crashed not due to the game but another reason and when I restarted it and ran the game again, the manual for charging the crystal was not in my inventory
Any suggestions?
I was unable to search again for the stuff on the floor in the Shadow Study and retrieve it once more and am dissapointed
Help!?

[Post New]by grnrambler on Feb 3, 11 6:28 PM
After purchasing this game and playing for awhile I was prompted to purchase a Security Shield software. This was a virus. Please recheck your game for viruses.

[Post New]by helendiet on Feb 21, 11 2:44 PM
I am having a problem where the 'item' will not accept what belongs to it. Example the teddy bear's ear. I have the ear and needle and thread, however every time I go to put the ear on the bear I get a message that it does not belong there. I am stopped dead in my tracks, can't go forward in the game. Seems like others are having problems with it too, what a shame.

[Post New]by yamininaidu on Feb 27, 11 10:28 PM
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-of-mortlake-mansion-walkthrough/

i too lost the manual and been stopped in the game.. donno wat to do........

[Post New]by Liesje1988 on Mar 11, 11 3:10 AM
Can't get any further aswell. When I'm in the bedroom and I want to take the key from the cupboard then I can't click on it. I can click on it in the shadow bedroom then getting the leaf. But when I'm in the normal bedroom I can't click anything. So Frustrating!!!! argh!

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 5:54:29 AM PST

[Post New]by MollicusMoo on Apr 26, 11 6:27 AM
I have been keeping an eye on this thread waiting for a solution. I purchased the game but it will not open! I get as far as the opening scene and the game just closes itself - no error message, nothing - every time I try to play it. Occasionally the computer then blue screens. I have tried everything in the help section. What is going on with this game and how do I get my game credit back?? It would be great to get a reply from BFG???????

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 26, 11 6:48 AM
MollicusMoo wrote:I have been keeping an eye on this thread waiting for a solution. I purchased the game but it will not open! I get as far as the opening scene and the game just closes itself - no error message, nothing - every time I try to play it. Occasionally the computer then blue screens. I have tried everything in the help section. What is going on with this game and how do I get my game credit back?? It would be great to get a reply from BFG???????

Have you contacted BFG tech support directly? You can do so by using the green envelope to the right of these posts.

Go to: