Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome II

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Oct 19, 11 1:09 AM
Although this series is easier than MKftP and the graphics are simpler, I like it more. I like chopping down trees and having more resources to gather, and it more level to upgrade for each building. The art appeals to me. It seems to be isometric and three dimensional, and I like that there appear to be chasms and mountains and depth.

I got expert on almost all the levels on the first try. The only one that tripped me up was the bonus level. On the third try I realized I had to prioritize gathering certain types of resources and that did it.

This series is my favourite of the "road building" TMs.

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Nov 9, 11 1:59 AM
Roads of Rome II for Mac. SQUEEEE!!!

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by snookataylor on Nov 15, 11 2:02 PM
I am not a lover of Time Management games, but Roads of Rome 1 and II were brilliant - why, because there was a RELAXED MODE. I really loved these two games - even more as I used my credits for them. please can we have more with a relaxed mode. Thanks.

SweetJim
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by SweetJim on Nov 21, 11 7:02 PM
i cannot get the last set done on roads of rome 2. tried about 100 times if I tried once....just cant win it.....any suggestions???

[Post New]by ladyscherff on Feb 27, 12 4:45 PM
Love all the Roads of Rome games. The only level I can't get expert is the last, level 41. I have tried 100 different ways. Can't get enough gold and end up just sitting and waiting. Anyone have any idea's? Thanks!

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Aug 17, 12 12:06 PM
I like all three games in the Roads of Rome series.I have arthritis in my hands and can do all three. There is something oddly satisfying at seeing the little workers complete tasks at your click. Also it is satisfying to see the road grow as you go along.The graphics are good and increase in skill with each game.
They are good on the first game.really pretty on the second
and a little disturbing on the third one with the fires.

[Post New]by HOTFLASH271 on Aug 27, 12 10:12 AM
karaff wrote:Need Help

Stuck on Episode 2 level 2, don't have enough gold to complete level. Have I missed something?????

By the way love the game so far.

Edited on 08/27/2012 at 10:13:02 AM PST

[Post New]by HOTFLASH271 on Aug 27, 12 10:14 AM
please tell me how you got by the level without all the gold coins i am stuck......thank you

[Post New]by playermimi602 on Aug 29, 12 5:59 PM
I liked this one because I thought it was much easier than the first one. I'm only half way through but I have been getting expert on all levels even in the Timed Mode. I eventually got expert on all levels in the first one, but it was more difficult to me. I can't wait to play the third one.

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Dec 18, 12 4:00 AM
love all the roads but does anyone else find it odd that the little fisherman pulls out a ham why not a fish or any ocean life just sayin any comments?

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Dec 18, 12 4:05 AM
right on cherubabes exactly right fish NOT HAMS a little distracting hams out of the ocean what next?

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on May 20, 13 5:32 AM
I normally don't like TM games but I love this game. It does require strategy to get a good score so it isn't about fast clicking. I get a kick out of the gathering of resources part - food, stone, gold. The finale at the end of each game where the entire team applaud you is very satisfying.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 16, 13 7:51 AM
Well, better than the Roads to Rome as it allows you to achieve a few more "expert" levels, but still becomes way too difficult especially toward the end to get anywhere close...this is frustrating as I don't see anyone ever achieving Expert level in this game.

The constant need to build roads gets really boring although this version did have more to do, but the road building is getting annoying...I can see a more balanced tasks being OK, but it is that road building that really ruins ones ability to achieve a high level.

I actually may play this one again, but it still isn't the "grabber" that other games from this developer has produced..I give this one a 3.5 out of 5....I guess I'll see what Roads to Rome III is...maybe they get better as they go along.

Go to: