Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 29, 10 12:40 AM
I don't believe this is a HOG, but an Adventure Game.

Please TRY to classify the Games correctly, PLEASE!

Sorry No Sale from me!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Dec 29, 10 2:43 AM
I finally found a game with a witchcraft based story that I will not play. One look at the screencaps and video and I was disappointed. Not a buy for me either..that's a shock for even myself lol. I'm glad a have unplayed games in my manager because lately if we do get a new HOG its either a CE or a stinker. I said I wouldn't complain, but this was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Its like they know we love this gene so all these companies our throwing anything together as quickly as possible to make a buck...well it looks like they won't be making a lot on this one.

Edited on 12/29/2010 at 2:44:55 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 29, 10 4:44 AM
Well I am going to add another thumbs up for this game. I didn't have too many problems finding the crystals, although I agree some were hard to see. However 'mousing' over the outline shows exactly what to look for, which did make it easier. Once I got out of the cave area, the objects became a lot easier to find, although not overly obvious. My monitor is very bright which may have helped but I only used a couple of hints in the hour trial. The game was very pretty to look at, mini games pretty easy, dialogue...well, banal at best but it didn't put me off the game. And Gray the cat turned into a handsome man, which was a nice touch!

Overall I liked it a lot and will buy it.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 29, 10 4:57 AM
i used to try
then buy

now i try
now i scan the forum
before buy

this had good graphics, music was o.k., story o.k.

finding the objects, well s--ked, the artist who created this was into blend, blend, blend...someone with 20/20 vision was in trouble...i got tired of using the hint...then flipped to walkthru on this very first 5 minutes...not fun...that was on the try it!

adventure...maybe if u did not have to have your handicaps ready (walkthru/hint)
hidden objects...not!...it was vanished into obilvian....fire the artist pronto...

thats all i have to say about that....yep!...no buy

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 29, 10 7:55 AM
I liked this game. It's one and only drawback for me was the difficulty in finding the objects. Other than that, I liked the story, liked the scenes and liked the music. I played it the whole way through yesterday and just may go back and play it again.

[Post New]by lalalady39 on Dec 29, 10 8:43 AM
Game is beyond stupid! Only the person that designed the graphics could possibly see in the dark recesses when to find objects. Every item had to be found thru the hint button. Got as far and no hint to finding the key to the green man and gave it up!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 29, 10 9:57 AM
like most here, i to found it pretty nigh on impossible to find the objects.
no buy here!

queencate
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by queencate on Dec 29, 10 10:56 AM
no fun for me , i even used a magnify glass to try and find items either too dark or behind something , i like challenge but good grief !!! very disapointed

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 29, 10 11:07 AM
Apart from using the hint button again and again couldn't find the items requested, or merely by dumb luck. Not at all funny, hint after hint.............

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Dec 29, 10 12:54 PM
This game not for me. I got to the 4th level in the demo and only I think had 2-3 more levels to go which means it would have been quite short. Some of the items were quite hard to find untill you got the hang of how they were hidden overall I would only rate this at - 3.

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Dec 29, 10 3:07 PM
tuttepeever wrote:Such a huge disappointment. The graphics were pretty but too difficult to find the hidden object. My finger wore out using the hint button.

A definite NO BUY for me.

I did not like this game, either. It was VERY hard to find the hidden pieces. The hint button played the game more than I did. The cursot changed to a hand so I thought it was something useful. It wasn't. I deleted the trial game after half an hour.

lakelly
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by lakelly on Dec 29, 10 3:44 PM
I have to agree with the majority of the posters in this forum - this one is a total no-buy. Especially in the first cave (the Green Man), many of the objects were nearly impossible to find. Once I cleared that level and moved onto the Air level, many, but not all, of the objects got easier to find but still generally hard to spot. I got most of the way thru the Water level before the demo ran out and I have to confess, I used the hint button more on this game than any other game I've ever played.

I also found the "recharge the magic" game incomprehensible once I got to the second level. I know I needed to connect the two ends but could not figure out what else I needed to change and ended up skipping all of those games.

Nice graphics, fairly interesting story line (but really, Mad Maggie???) but the ridiculous difficulty in finding the items was just over the top. I love HOGS, IHOGS, FROGS, etc but this one is just a no go for me

peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by peachycat on Dec 29, 10 4:54 PM
Awful game. The FBI would have trouble finding items.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Dec 29, 10 5:03 PM
I went through the whole demo hoping that it would get better as it went along.
Nope. It just kept getting worse.
I put up the WT and the game side-by-side on my screen just to try and find the items.
When I have to do that for the entire time that I am playing the game, well, that just takes the fun out of it.

I thought the graphics were really pretty but what good is that when you can not find a darn thing. No buy on this for me.

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Dec 29, 10 6:43 PM
Too dark...my eyes gave out trying to scan for items.

I didn't actually see the Playfirst logo on this game...did I miss it? Certainly not up to their usual quality.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Dec 29, 10 6:58 PM
I enjoyed the trial, but I have to agree some of the objects where to blended to find without the hint button and yes your eyes do get tired. It is too bad really because I would of bought if the objects where not so blended and the game would be longer. I think I would of made 2-3 hours at most for total play time.

I did have one glitch which occured after the trial was up my screen went fuzzy and had to refresh it to get it to stop. weird!

Oh well I would of liked to know the story about the cat, but not enough to buy.

I give it a 3 out of 5, maybe a DD buy

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Dec 29, 10 7:15 PM
Played Demo Only
What a beautiful game with great potential, but disappointing. The graphics were superb. The music was appropriate and the storyline intriguing. I wanted to like this enough to buy and finish the game. However, the objects in the beginning were impossible to find. I had to click around even after using the hint button. After the cavern scene objects were easier to find, but still somewhat difficult. The gameplay is what makes this a maybe later buy. And the maybe later is because I really like the story and graphics.

Edited on 12/29/2010 at 7:17:32 PM PST

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Dec 29, 10 9:22 PM
I have just finished playing this game and I have to say that I truly enjoyed every minute of it! At first I didn't think I would like it, but I decided to plow ahead anyway. The objects are indeed small and some hard to find, but after a while I had no problem finding them and only used the hint button a scant few times. My personal opinion is that this game has not really been treated fairly in the comment department and if you can get past the objects being so well hidden and get into the game, it's actually quite good. I am glad that I tried the game for myself, because I feel I would have missed out on what turned out to be a very enjoyable game!

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on Dec 29, 10 10:19 PM
I love fairy games but this one really frustrated me. It's hard to enjoy the game when your not finding any of the hidden objects. This is another one that I had to clean my screen all the time because of the nose prints! And I still couldn't find anything! I quit after 20 minutes!

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Dec 30, 10 2:24 PM
Yes, it's different from any other game, but I bought it and I like playing it, though it's pretty hard. Quite a change and I like changes.
You have to look very very good and my 65- years old eyes still can do that (NO glasses!!).
I'm enjoying myself very much for about 30 minutes, then play another BF game (I bought lots of them, lately) and then continue with Tamara.
You have to "learn" how to look at things in this game.

Wishing you all a very happy new year and lots of health (and of course more good and nice games here to play)

Yvonne

Go to: