Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 3, 11 9:11 AM
I habe bought this game already on Friday and enjoyed it very much. Its more an adventure game, then a hog - very hard one in my opinion, but really a good game.

dragnet1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dragnet1 on Jan 3, 11 11:00 AM
I played the free hour and then purchased the game but it was pretty "meh" for me. There are some pretty big leaps you have to make in using some of the objects. And I really don't like having to revisit areas over and over again just to make sure I didn't miss anything when I got stuck. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to be led by the nose but I guess I needed a bit more direction then this game gave.

[Post New]by gassybat21 on Jan 3, 11 4:48 PM
my game keeps crashing
deleted redownloaded x3
updated flash etc
help!!!!!!!

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jan 3, 11 8:41 PM
Is anyone else having problems with this game? I had to turn the T-rex back into a fossil a second time before I could enter the Exhibit Hall of the Museum. Now I have to zoom in on a carving in the Exhibit Hall to place 3 tiles and the game will not close in so I can do this puzzle. The game has been fun up to this point.

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Jan 3, 11 10:39 PM
I like the game for the most part. It was quite different, and somewhat of a challenge. No glitter areas to speak of, but not to hard. I like a good challenge game where you have to think of what to do next, instead of every thing done mostly for you. Not a long game but interesting.

It was a refreshing from all of the scary games which of my own personal opinion is quite over done. Witches, and vampires and asylums etc. I think some of the game developers could back off a bit, but that is just me.

I have bought less games because of so much of the above, and I hope the BF gets more of these better games, then I would buy more. Till then I will wait.

Keep up the good work BF. In my opinion you are the best.

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Wishing I had not bought it!

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Jan 4, 11 5:09 AM
Unusually for me, I jumped in the deep end and bought this without playing the free hour. What a mistake.

The game graphics are good but with no 'cursor' help - and very little in screen advice...even the hint button is useless.....and apparently if you get bored and decline one of Otto's card games, you simply do not get the 4th gold gear and are stuck.

No, I'm deleting it and downloading one of my older games............

MrsWhatsit
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by MrsWhatsit on Jan 4, 11 7:51 AM
I was excited about the look and premise of Lost in Time, but there's just too much chitchat for my taste. I found myself annoyed and thinking that Eliza and the pocketwatch should get a room already and let me get on with the game.

[Post New]by 50plusgamer on Jan 4, 11 9:06 AM
I bought this and I find it quite enjoyable, however I turned the sound right down on the speech - I don't like this in games. I also don't like the card game you play with the toy which I am having to do to get diamonds. Its not the easiest game to play and I agree with other fishes who say the hints are a bit of a let-down.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jan 4, 11 1:50 PM
Game loaded and ran fine with no glitches.
Options for sound fx, music, voice fx and mute all. Option also for widescreen
A girl and her sidekick, a few broken clocks to repair and time travel. That is your story in a nutshell.

This is one of those lovely games you can sit back and relax with. Not a HOG by any means though you do have an occasional object search. Even then they are short lists and obvious to anyone. This would fall into more of an adventure/puzzler though this is so laid back that even that category is a mis-nomer.
The Storyline is interesting and full of quirks. Characters with both personality and humor.
No long text interruptions, just small bites of verbal interaction. Most quite funny.
I had set the music on a lower level at the start. It was there but not intrusive.
Not a lot of locations but each one opens up to more area as the game progresses. The scenes are not static and feel alive.
The game is not particularly linear. Once you have opened an area you are free to return to it.
The puzzles in this are well done and the ones taking place in a toy store have the overall feel of a real toymakers handmade game. Simple but intriguing. Others, elsewhere, will have you testing your patience.
The challenge here is to figure out your next needed action. These vary from finding items to using items to talking to the right individual.
The game flows very easy and if you take a moment you can figure out your next move.
The hint button in this refills quickly though other than with hidden objects it will not help you. It will only remind you to click elsewhere.
There are achievements to be had though not all are needed to advance in the game.
Some will think this game is short. I finished this game in about 3 hours. But I spent a lot of time replaying a very imaginative card game that falls in the middle.

I enjoyed this game more than I thought I would. The graphics, banter and overall feel were very relaxing and entertaining. The manipulation of time in the story was a nice twist and added extra challenge at certain points. Only 3 hours but quite a fun 3 hours none the less.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jan 4, 11 4:34 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Really people... what part of "SPOILER ALERT" don't you understand?

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jan 4, 11 4:39 PM
This game had no problem at all with me and it was a great game, which I was surprised. I usually don't like time warped games or being in the past present or future ( Thank heavens this didn't have any of that). The graphics were really clear, the characters were very nice, and I think it's a long game.

I liked that the hint system recharged very fast. One problem I didn't like was picking up the coal and the Diamonds.. I had a hard time looking for them until the sparkled a bit and then I was OH .. There's one . At first I got very frustrated in finding Otto's part but then I got it all resolved and continued playing.

Another thing I didn't like is that I thought that my characters voice was going from lower to louder and vice-versa. I thought I was crazy at first. But then i was like okay it's not me it's the game. I can hear it loud now.. and then one minute I had to check that all the volume was up. I don't know if this a glitch or is my computer behaving a little bit crazy ...( I think it's the gamer not the computer or the game )

It's a great game and it's definitely a buy for me,

I give it a 4 out of 5

Trouble

[Post New]by emeri1md on Jan 4, 11 7:55 PM
Like some others, I started having issues part way through the game. A few times, I had to hold down the power button to turn it off, it was so bad. I just tried starting it up again, but now it's making me start over.

Overall, the game wasn't bad. Of course, I can say that about many HOG. I wish that more would try different ways of doing things, such as the actual hidden object scenes part of the explorable area, have free form exploration and **** searching, make the search objects part of the game, or permanently remove found objects when revisiting a scene. I've seen only one recent game do the first, none do the second, several otherwise mediocre games do the third, and maybe saw one or two do the fourth.

In other words, stop rehashing the exact same techniques (and themes, too) and take a risk. Wow me!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 4, 11 9:56 PM
i wasn't entirely sure about this one when i played the first bit of the demo , but tonight i have decided that i like it enough to push through to the end and see how it all works out...

i've been playing a couple of the new nancy drew games where a tiny sparkle leads you to pick up coins - so actually being able to see the coal and diamonds is GREAT! besides, i'm always looking for the little extras hidden in scenes, so...

i'm giving this one a for ingenuity and tickling my 'collector/achievement' bone

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 5, 11 6:24 AM
I bought the game, I like games like this one, give's you something more to do..
I hope they have a walk through..lol
Happy New Year Little Fishes in the pond..BFG Rocks

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 5, 11 7:44 AM
The graphics are beautifully done. The gameplay is IHOG with some HOG. There are mini games which are skippable. There are also achievements, ie collect 50 coal. The storyline is humorous and well written.

This game is an A.

ronrs
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ronrs on Jan 5, 11 11:01 AM
It shut down my computer each time...3 attempts. Had to delete it.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jan 5, 11 11:30 PM
Bink_In_AK wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Really people... what part of "SPOILER ALERT" don't you understand?

EXACTLY!
pffft...I'm fed-up with the lot of 'em.

[Post New]by gamergoon on Jan 6, 11 11:02 PM
Nice graphics. Good sounds...overall it is quite a likable game

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Jan 7, 11 1:33 AM
I loved the game, even though I used a lot of hints and consulted the walkthrough quite a few times......right until the end. But I cannot do the final task: set all the clocks at 12. Even after consulting the walkthrough, and watching the videos of how to solve the clocks, (trying to write down every move), I just can't do it. And it's the only puzzle in the game that you can't skip! So I won't be able to see the ending; I'm disappointed. I just never have been good at the puzzles where you have to move more than one ring or disc, and every time you touch it, it moves something else you already have put in the right place. Too bad!

[Post New]by debofme on Jan 7, 11 6:43 AM
gassybat21 wrote:my game keeps crashing
deleted redownloaded x3
updated flash etc
help!!!!!!!

Go to: