Re:Post any Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower technical issues here only

[Post New]by frauholda on Mar 1, 11 5:21 PM
Hi Fishies,
My problem is that I've found all 4 gold gears, but the game only recognises that 3 of them have been discovered. So I cannot find another one - since they are no longer where they had been waiting to be found! - and cannot go on because the game demands the watch with the gold gears is necessary to progress.

So....very reluctantly I'm going to shut down and start over. I wish this problem had shown up before I bought the game. I'd have kept my dosh for something less frustrating!

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Jun 14, 11 9:30 PM
I apparently made the mistake of buying too many items at the General Store. It seems that if they are not purchased as needed, they never appear in inventory. I lost the pickaxe, the symbol on the right hand wall, and the gear this way.

Now I cannot open the box in the workshop and there is no pickaxe for the courtyard scene.

Am gonna ask for a replacement credit. No way am I gonna re-install or create a new profile, go through all the crashes (again), and risk being stuck somewhere else in the game.

[Post New]by MinnaFish on Aug 6, 11 10:37 AM
evansmommy wrote:I was really enjoying this game until...... I was at the Museum. Clicked on the lock and the entire game shut down. Just shut itself down. I thought, oh well, and reopened the game. MY GAME IS LOST! The game erased my profile and now I have to start all over again. I've never ever had an issue like this before. What gives? This sucks.....

The same thing happened to me so what gives!!!! Should I get my money back or what?

MyBullet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by MyBullet on Sep 18, 11 8:17 PM
According to many other fishes, including evansmommy, suzypen, jesterwitch, bella81762, iJane, johnmouse, MinnaFish, me (MyBullet) and maybe others, there is a problem where at a certain point, ususally after getting the dandelions and the diamond gear, we get thrown out of the game and loose everything. Our profiles are completely gone, the data we worked so hard to put in is all gone. It seems to be a problem with Windows 7 for the most part. I wrote tech support who wanted me to delete everything about the game and reinstall it. First I don't want to have to start all over again. And secondly, if I do decide to start over again, I don't want to have the same thing happen to me again. Have any of you fishes, done what the Big Fish Techies said to do and started over again? I'd like to know if you were able to finish playing the game if you started over. Or did it throw you out again and loss your progress. I was told that I could get a replacement coupon to get a different standard version game. Has anyone successfully reinstalled and was able to complete the game? I'd like to know before I try to start over again. Otherwise, I'll just get a different game in place of this one. Thanks for the input.

azace42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by azace42 on Sep 28, 11 2:21 AM
I had many issues with the game freezing up, but I simply went through Task Manager, closed out the game, restarted it, and it started right back up with no harm. Never lost anything or had to re-do anything. It was irritating to have it freeze, but it was easily recovered. I have a very fast laptop with Intel Core i5, and Win 7 x64 with a huge hard drive and gobs of RAM, and that was the worst that happened. Even the puzzles were not thaqt hard to get. I did discover that until you progress to a certain point, and have all the conversations you must, you can't play some games. I ended up with a nice T-bone left in inventory - I skipped trying to distract a multi-ton animal with one steak and went right for the goat (shades of Jurassic Park!) so never needed it.
All in all, a great game!

Go to: