DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hodgepodge Hollow

[Post New]by DixieKat on Jan 19, 11 11:54 AM
very cute and colorful fun for all ages. a game to relax with. enjoyed demo but will wait till this one is a daily deal

[Post New]by PopcornPrincess on Jan 21, 11 12:08 AM
I'm 70 years old and I loved this game. Does anyone know of another game that is like this one? I hated for it to end. I have over 100 games and I've only finished about two of them. I'm so addicted to these games. Every time I buy one another one comes along and I have to buy that one and I never seem to finish any of them. I did finish Hodgepodge Hollow though. It was really fun and cute. I think anyone who is not sure about this game should just give it a chance. I think they will love it.
Popcorn Princess

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jan 21, 11 4:41 PM
Wow. The graphics in this game were incredible. That's why I purchased it. I love the style of whoever did the artwork. I would buy any game with those pictures in it. The game itself is very sweet and calming. It was worth the price for me just for the artwork.

Edited on 01/26/2011 at 8:17:03 PM PST

[Post New]by highlite on Jan 26, 11 12:38 PM
Great, fun, clean game! I am tired of all the ugly skulls and blood & demonic story lines.

This was bright and a fun game. We need more of these type games!!

biscuit99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by biscuit99 on Feb 3, 11 6:00 PM
I am really enjoying this game!

[Post New]by Squidipuss on Feb 4, 11 5:46 PM
I finished this game two days ago and am ready to play it again. I love the drawings, which remind me of drawings in award-winning children's books. All the background details and the fun touches - just great.
I also enjoyed the funny books and info about gnomes - just too funny.

Before this I'd been playing a depressing murder mystery game and just didn't enjoy it any more. So Hodgepodge Hollow was a great change.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Feb 19, 11 12:38 AM
Just finished this game and it was really nice and relaxing to play. Beautiful and unique art-style, which was the main reason I purchased the game. Mellow, soothing music. Easy gameplay, with some hidden object scenes and a fair amount of "find 20 of this thing", which I actually enjoyed more! Some of these objects were well-blended into the background, but not unfairly so. The storyline was cute, and the ingredients themselves were lots of fun to collect and combine into potions.

This was a great game for unwinding after work! Normally I wouldn't be keen on the lack of gameplay challenge, but it really fit in well with the rest of the game for the relaxation aspect.

[Post New]by sarahcita on Feb 19, 11 12:07 PM
Just finished this game, and I hated to see it end! It was one of the most beautifully drawn, relaxing games I've played. I also own over a hundred games, have finished many HOG's, but this is one of my favorites!

I really disagree with many of the negative reviews. The gorgeous artwork, dreamy quality, wonderful music and overall beauty of the game makes it well worth the price! I wish I could get mp3's of the music - it would soothe my granddaughter (and me!) to sleep in a trice!

Great job, Jolly Bear Games, and Big Fish! Thanks for a game that I will play and enjoy over and over!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Mar 19, 11 9:50 AM
What a delightful, creative, fun game! I bought it for my grandchildren to play. I played it first to get an idea of what the game was all about. They'll love it! I know I did! It had an interesting story line, one that would appeal to the imaginations of children. It's cute, even funny in some places, and charming. I'll enjoy playing it again myself.

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on May 3, 11 2:35 PM
I enjoy this game. The look is unusual for a H0 game, which is probably why they're marketing it as a kids' game; I found the artwork charming. This game avoided my pet peeve of having to look through someone's trash bin for things completely unrelated to the storyline; looking for potion ingredients made the game a little different than the usual dark & heavy adult games. I had NO technical problems.

[Post New]by SpicyCinn on Jun 2, 11 11:44 AM
What a refreshing game. I just loved it. Hated it to end. Relaxing fun game with GGRREEAATT animation. Reminds me of our old coloring books. Thank you so much. Do another one ok.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jun 6, 11 1:01 AM
This has been on my list forever. Finally got it with a punch card credit. I LOVEEEE this game. I usually hate games that are just plain find me games but this is relaxing, adorable & whimsical. Its like pure hidden where its relaxing and has no time limit. It has choices to make the screen have better graphics and clear picture. I even like the music in this game, a first for me. Usually Im turning it down or tuning it out. I usually don't like finding all of one object either but I loved it in this game. There is always an exception to the rule & this is one. I think anyone of any age would enjoy this game. A child would love it, Im 29 and I love it & my mom was overlooking it and was like "aww I would love to play that when you are done". This is even a game I can see my grandma liking lol well done

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 10:32 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by southbelle on Jul 19, 11 1:57 PM
Probably Spoilers

I LOVED THIS GAME! I was searching the internet to find if there was a second one. I like the charming, relaxing and magical graphics and storyline. I found it to just be a good time game.

I would definitely try and probably buy a sequel to this game.

[Post New]by marvelina55 on Aug 24, 11 9:30 PM
This game is listed as a "family game." I checked it out for two girls--aged 8 and 12. First, the hidden object screens were so undefined that my 12-year-old bright child could not find objects that she clearly understood. Secondly, some items such as a butter churn were semi-obscured so that, even if she had some knowledge about what to seek, she couldn't discern the object from what was visible. Finally, on the first tier of search and find tasks, when we came to the troll, the instructions were so unclear that she had to call on me to figure out what was asked of her. I would not buy this for even bright young children. The game was cute from my point of view, but not well drawn enough to keep my interest...and its arty quality made it difficult for children.

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Aug 26, 11 10:57 PM
Really cute...does get a little repetitive, but its colorful and refreshing

[Post New]by tinyseahorse on Aug 28, 11 8:21 PM
WOW FINALLY SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND BRILLIANT. A WONDERFUL GAME FOR MOST ANY AGE . OUTSTANDING GRAPHICS, CUTE STORY, LONG PLAY, NOT TOO HARD ON OLDER EYES AND RELAXING TO PLAY. A REAL KEEPER AND IM NOT ONE TO PLAY STORYLINE GAMES MORE THAN ONCE BUT THIS IS THE EXCEPTION. DONT LET A TRIAL DISCOURAGE YOU INTO THINKING ITS THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER BECAUSE ITS NOT AS THE GAME DOES CHANGE UP DURRING PLAY. LOVED THIS UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFULLY DONE GAME.

[Post New]by shamrocknurse on Sep 1, 11 6:07 PM
This is a really cute game, relaxing. I am stuck at the Mermaid level. I put the mermaids on the lily pads and take the recipe, then the next screen does nothing. I can not figure it out, any help?

[Post New]by grammanudge on Sep 8, 11 3:36 PM
Too too cute! I loved playing it - loved the soft soothing music - and the drawings are wonderful!! I actually bought it for my grandaughter but then later I played it too.
She was intrigued (age 8) and enjoyed playing it - but I LOVED it! Love the illustrations and some of the "innuendoes"? (bees knees, cat whiskers, et al) I guess Im just a child at heart but am so tired of all the violence, turmoil and chaos in the world that I find this escape into such a charming place absolutely wonderful! Definitely not a man's game! but I simply and thoroughly LOVED it!!!! (I like the young adult fiction in the library, too!!)

[Post New]by grammanudge on Sep 8, 11 3:37 PM
shamrocknurse wrote:This is a really cute game, relaxing. I am stuck at the Mermaid level. I put the mermaids on the lily pads and take the recipe, then the next screen does nothing. I can not figure it out, any help?

Go to: