Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Crossworlds: The Flying City

[Post New]by karenlynn40k on Jan 9, 11 7:42 AM
this game is quite frustrating. If anybody knows how to fix the flat tire on the bus please share. i have looked everywhere for something to find without luck thanks in advance

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Cynkee on Jan 9, 11 7:44 AM
Leemo wrote:The trial finished too soon so I bought it right away. The game doesn't seem too easy which is nice. Spelling mistake in the first sentence wasn't too impressive but haven't noticed anymore so far. Game runs well, bright points in HOG scenes make it difficult to see what's in that area (on my PC anyway) and the music doesn't irritate me for once .

Looking forward to the rest of the game.

I, too, was turned off by the typo in the very first scene. But the game is improving with time, and I may buy it.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jan 9, 11 8:03 AM
Thought provoking game. Enjoying this one a lot.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jan 9, 11 8:07 AM
mercyone wrote:The transporter reminds of the egg Mork (Mork & Mindy) landed in when he came to earth. That's if any of you remember that show with Robin Williams & Pam Dawber.

Yeeessssssssss [mercyone], good observation!

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jan 9, 11 8:12 AM
jaylake wrote:Just finished it and in line with other comments seen, I am so glad that I did not resort to any walkthrough and it was a challenge. Yes it was frustrating at times but was worth it in the end......

Love hearing that!

[Post New]by Buttonbear on Jan 9, 11 8:15 AM
played the full 60 minute demo and this game is AWFUL. Boring, no 'feedback' for clicking other than 'sparkles' for a HOG scene so you have no idea if an item should be clicked on or not. No variation in gameplay - very few 'external' puzzles compared to the new breed HOGs. You have to keep tracking back over the same ground several times. When there is an external puzzle to complete there isn't anything to denote 'you've completed the puzzle - stop clicking!'.

Graphics and sound are stunted in comparison to the other games out there and the storyline is pretty weak.

I have to admit the HOGs were well thought out with some items hidden and everything repositioning itself after you've played a scene at that location once BUT the graphics are so weak and the naming of items is poor - 'Gnome' turning out to be a scratched drawing rather than a Garden Gnome which would be the assumption of about 98.9% of people playing the game. And it gets boring going back to the exact same spot every time...

I know it's the first working week of the New Year but I'm not going to waste even a credit to get this game - poor show BFG, must do better...

Edited on 01/09/2011 at 8:22:20 AM PST

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jan 9, 11 8:37 AM
Just downloaded the demo. But the spelling of "beggning" in the first scene has already put me off. We'll see.

NYtaxi
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by NYtaxi on Jan 9, 11 9:46 AM
Bin eben mit dem spiel fertig und es war wirklich sehr gut. ich habe keine hints benötigt. es war etwas schwieriger, dafür aber interessanter. endlich konnte ich mal wieder meinen kopf einsetzen und nicht langweilig irgendwelche dinge suchen. danke und ich hoffe, es kommt bald ein zweiter teil. lg tina

Regal99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Regal99 on Jan 9, 11 10:07 AM
This was the best!!!! Granted I need some help from the forum, thanks to all of you. But I finished this game with ease. The ending world is alot simplier than the others. Can't wait for part 2. There's nothing like a thinking persons' game. I think I'll start over again.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Jan 9, 11 10:11 AM
Just finished the demo. Started off with reservations because it seemed too much HOG and not enough action.(for me I hasten to add). Some items were small & a little difficult to grab but got used to that after a while. Couldn't do the wire game because they were just not clear enough for me so I had to skip. Don't really like to do that but at least there was a skip button.
As I started to move through the game it became increasingly interesting and I think I will probably buy at some stage but not until the walkthrough appears just in case. I usually try to manage without consulting a WT but like to know there is one there if I get really stuck.

heypaula
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by heypaula on Jan 9, 11 10:37 AM
i have just spent 33 minutes circeling the living room!!! i love hog games..rtr and all the others but this was has me totally confused and feeling very foolish...the hint buttonshould be able to help but it doesn't....HELP!!! thanks and happy new year to all...love reading all your reviews and comments thanks for that fishies...

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Jan 9, 11 10:54 AM
heypaula wrote:i have just spent 33 minutes circeling the living room!!! i love hog games..rtr and all the others but this was has me totally confused and feeling very foolish...the hint buttonshould be able to help but it doesn't....HELP!!! thanks and happy new year to all...love reading all your reviews and comments thanks for that fishies...

Don't give up, it really does get better.

jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jpflier on Jan 9, 11 11:09 AM
kiminee wrote:I tried, really tried, to enjoy this game. Hint system is absolutely horrid, giving area (sort of, close) instead of actual, and taking way too long to reload. Sometimes still couldn't find object even after hint. Glitchy too - when looking on **** screen for robot heads, said I had 2 left to find; used three hints, all pointed to same area, clicked and clicked and clicked and nothing there; left the game & came to forums, no walkthrough, no help; went back to game to look again and now said I had found all heads. GRRR!!! Objects are poorly rendered in many cases ("granola bar" looked like silver wafer; "packet" looked piece of paper, one screen jaw is gray rectangle (for robot) in another looks like a denture, etc. etc.). Some hidden objects nothing you would recognize - like "cyber onion ring" - well, it was round. Often had better luck in **** scenes clicking randomly on parts of scene that didn't look quite right than I did looking for the objects themselves. Got stuck on stupid stuff that shouldn't have happened - like digging in yard by robokids, used shovel, dug hole, nothing there - used shovel other places in yard, no hole, nothing - had to select shovel, dig, select shovel, dig, select shovel, dig all on one same spot to find it.

Upshot: game play interferes with game enjoyment!!

Couldn't agree more, I tried to like this and just couldn't. Too much frustration trying to play the game. Not enjoyable at all.

Definitely a no-buy here.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 9, 11 11:58 AM
one of the most inane games i have encountered

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 9, 11 11:58 AM

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 9, 11 11:59 AM

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jan 9, 11 12:47 PM
I had to laugh at the derogatory comments about the "European" games--many of the really good games come from Europe, and the Russian ones usually have an eerie, hallucinatory quality that makes me think of Bulgakov in graphics. Having said that, I didn't think this was the best of the Russian games: the start in the house was misleading because the rest of the game is far more entertaining and the graphics are better.

I almost didn't buy the game because it took me a while to free myself from the usual HOG mentality (having lots of different kinds of puzzles, lots of hidden object scenes, and lots of tasks to juggle), but I started enjoying the graphics and just thinking about one puzzle at a time. The trick is to get the scenario going, which requires a lot of wandering around and clicking aimlessly, but once you get the scenarios going they are all pretty straightforward--almost disappointingly so. The final part in the castle in the air only took me about fifteen minutes, and some of the puzzles throughout the game aren't that challenging.

Some of the hidden object scenes are tricky, but start by looking at the edges of the graphics, where a lot of the objects are partially hidden. I agree that occasionally the objects don't really look like the description and are hard to find, but once I bought the game, I only used the hint button once--(Spoiler alert: one of the last hidden object scenes has a watermelon more or less hidden by a tambourine on the left, and I never would have seen the tiny melon sliver.)

Anyway, I agree that you have to give this game a chance and you have to think about it a bit differently than you do the usual HOG, but I found it a nice Sunday diversion.

Edited on 01/09/2011 at 12:49:28 PM PST

MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MooeyG on Jan 9, 11 1:03 PM
I am going to give it a chance, given the posts that I have read here. It seems it starts out slow - or even a little lame - but gets much better as you move through the game. Thanks for the input!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 9, 11 2:05 PM
I was soooooo stuck in the beginning and was going to write this game off. However, because of what some of the fishies said, I persevered without a walkthrough, and guess what........ I really like this game. Yes, it is on the tough side, tougher than some of the other games of this type. Not having a walkthrough forces me to THINK. I'm getting through it, albeit slowly......but thats OK.......I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere. Hope other fishies give it a fair chance, you probably will not regret it.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 9, 11 2:37 PM
I don't post very often but read the forums alot. This is a game that really needs to be given a chance. It took a little getting into at first but I am glad I gave it a try. It makes you think but honestly one should be able to get through it without a walkthrough with a little time. I for one am happy to see a game that takes longer than 2 1/2 to 3 hours to complete. I would say this took me at least 6 hours. It is well worth the money. I am looking forward to the sequel.

Go to: