grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades

[Post New]by grover3e on Jun 8, 11 6:27 PM
Lasted a loooong time, so I felt I got my money's worth, but was a bit bored by the whole thing, and was ready for it to be over by the end (but, of course, I had missed three cards, and that took forever!). I think I was spoiled by Green Moon.

TWO OF FIVE STARS

Slowpokie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Slowpokie on Jun 25, 11 11:27 PM
I loved this game. I got the standard version. It took me a longgggggggg time to get it done. I am guessing 9 hours while relaxing and enjoying myself. When I saw that you had to collect cards I was guessing that I would miss a bunch but I was so surprised to see I didn't miss a single one. Honestly...ERS is turning out to be one of the best game makers in my opinion. This game was worth every penny I spent. I can't wait to forget it and redo it in a few months. I am sooooooooo happy that I bought this game. Funny thing is when I first did the demo I wasn't sure I was going to get it. It seemed too hard. But I took a chance. All I can say is Wow! It is that good.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 10:23 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3.5 stars
Story – 2 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Kathyju77
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Kathyju77 on Aug 20, 11 7:11 PM
I just played this game for the second time and loved it even more!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 25, 11 9:49 AM
I played the trial version after someone on another thread recommended it. Love it! It's a must-buy for me!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 13, 11 11:18 AM
Bought the game and just finished playing. Took a long time (a good thing!) and wasn't too hard. Don't remember who recommended it here but I'm glad I wrote down the name and looked for it.

I love how you start out with only a few rooms in the mansion and then as the game progesses you access more and more rooms. I am so glad I bought this game!

(only downside to this game was music sounded a bit repetitive to me, and sometimes would edge into a Spanish/flamenco sound that didn't quite fit the mood, but music can be turned down)

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 13, 11 11:21 AM
Liasmani wrote:Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3.5 stars
Story – 2 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

I totally do not get your ratings system. With no explanation why you rate each item in your list the way you do, I find it to be no help at all.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 14, 11 12:14 PM
crowtrobot wrote:Bought the game and just finished playing. Took a long time (a good thing!) and wasn't too hard. Don't remember who recommended it here but I'm glad I wrote down the name and looked for it.

I love how you start out with only a few rooms in the mansion and then as the game progesses you access more and more rooms. I am so glad I bought this game!

(only downside to this game was music sounded a bit repetitive to me, and sometimes would edge into a Spanish/flamenco sound that didn't quite fit the mood, but music can be turned down)

I agree completely - loved this one! Can't wait for the SG of the next one!

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Sep 15, 11 10:38 PM
Loved the game! Have to agree it was challenging without being too difficult. Loved the mini-games. I liked having all the secret rooms-- I personally enjoy having to go from scene to scene-- it makes me really remember what I saw where!! Super graphics-- just wish there was more to do in town, at the other mansion, and at the shack. Really enjoyed it! I would have preferred a little brighter lighting in all the HOG scenes, but it was ok. Great game! Hope there's a sequel!

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Sep 27, 11 8:45 AM
I just bought this as I was offered it for a bargain price and only had 5 minutes to decide. There was no time to trial it or even to read many reviews. At the price i paid it was a bargain. I thought the graphics were great, the puzzles were all fairly straightforward but the music drove me mad and I turned it off. It's quite a long game and there's lots of legwork required as there's no map.

The biggest disappointment was the hidden object scenes. To start out with they weren't too bad, there was an extremely generous click penalty and the objects were easy to find. But as the game went on they became much more frequent and very dark and very small. Some items didn't pick up on the click unless you had the cursor in an exact spot on the item. Some things were so well hidden that even with the hint button I struggled to find them.

I am with a few other reviewers here by not having a clue what the fog on the SG box was all about.

On the whole it's a challenging game without being impossible.

Edited on 09/27/2011 at 8:46:41 AM PST

sudsysuzy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sudsysuzy on Oct 7, 11 8:45 AM
Another great game from ERS. Very good graphics, tolerable music, decent HOG scenes. A map would have been nice but was able to get through with just a bit of confusion (old age?). The mini-games were especially good - both variety and level of challenge. Story line was interesting but it wasn't fully fleshed out. Ending, as seems to be the norm, was hasty and disappointing.

Enjoyed the play and will probably play again. Looking forward to a sequel?

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Oct 12, 11 4:08 PM
Really good game. Great graphic, plenty of HOS's, voice overs are good, good story line & no technical problems. Would highly recommend.

4 1/2

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 4:09:18 PM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 27, 11 1:38 PM
tejasgal wrote:Demo'd the CE of this game to get an idea what it would be like. Very good game. Waited for SE to purchase, since I NEVER spend the money on CE. Anyway, this is up there with RTR for quality, length and game play. A little dark in some scenes but still could find what I needed. Got lost a few times, but actually managed to find my way thru without walkthru. Yea! If you like good HOG with good story, this fills that. You won't be sorry for purchasing this one. Well worth it for good game play, good mini-games, length. Ending is not the most satisfying but leaves the door open for another game to come.
I don't play with the music on so can't comment on that.
Enjoy, all you HOG Fishie Fans!!

What is RTR?

[Post New]by suede52 on Nov 15, 11 3:31 PM
]Well done- quite lengthy so worth the money -easy enough to be relaxing

[Post New]by justbetheclay on Dec 4, 11 10:53 PM
This was absolutely the best game I have ever played !!!! I played a LONG time; the story was captivating; even the music was appropriate. The amount of different places to go to was incredible (I didn't keep track). Hands down the best money I've EVER spent on any game EVER!!!!!!!

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Jan 26, 12 8:16 AM
Agree with most of you, great game Just a couple frustrations. I played all the way to the end before I discovered I missed a card. An "Area Cleared" would help. Also, no hints to help with the next move (not HOG scenes). The moves seem to be disjointed and search and click is the only way to figure it out. I felt I needed the walkthrough way too much. PS: I discovered which card was missing by clicking on the card pile next to the menu button.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Mar 4, 12 9:06 AM
really great game. graphics music mini games. well done big fish xo

doziedoats
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by doziedoats on May 30, 12 1:02 PM
Double Wow!! this one kept me scratching my head for weeks. Yeah, I know, I am not a wiz kid but I did love the whole damn thing. I wish there was going to be another one to follow suit but they don't seem to do it that way very much. "sigh".
Anyway I sure did love it.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Jan 23, 13 7:12 PM
This was a great game with a good story. Nice graphic's. Lot's of HOS and puzzles. All fun.

[Post New]by Mlottdaley on Feb 12, 13 8:25 AM
Frustrating as hell! I've gotten stuck and can't move on at this point. I was looking for the next step for over an hour and finally gave up.There needs to be hints throughout not just in the hidden object rooms! I want my $4.99 back! Or I want to know what to do next. A game should be challenging and fun, not frustrating.

Go to: