The Good, The Bad... The Ending!!!!

[Post New]by MunchkinGoddess on Jan 16, 11 7:06 PM
Well i tried this game over at another site when it first came out a few months ago. and i lOVED IT! but didnt want to spend the 19.95 for it.

So low and behold i used a free credit when i saw it was up on BF...

i bought it today around 2pm & finished it about 6pm ... playing off and on.

LOVED the Graphics, the story, my heart was racing and i held my breath every time she did! lol

Overall i would give this a 4 out of 5 only because the ending came too soon for me. the puzzles werent challenging enough lots of back and forth ... and the deal with the husband had me annoyed a bit. typical male just lay there untill its over! haha

Other then that i liked it but was just a bit dissappointed that it was kinda short.

and Reviews for Nightmare on the Pacific

[Post New]by Eng61teach on Jan 17, 11 11:12 AM
I dont know how someone could spend 8-9 hours with this game. It took me 2 hours, and I still don't know if I am finished. The last part kept jumping around so much, I couldn't figure out what was going on. The graphics were great, and the action was really good. I just got confused quite a bit and it still only took me 2 hours.

I did not write this especially in January. Really hope no one is getting into my space. II did not start this game until July

Edited on 10/06/2014 at 6:11:07 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare on the Pacific

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 17, 11 6:20 PM
The gameplay is okay - I have seen better game, but its average. But I have big problems with the screen solution: I have a widescreenlaptop and the game is very little. I could play in "desktop-mode", but I don`t like that. No buy

nickylar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare on the Pacific

[Post New]by nickylar on Jan 17, 11 7:41 PM
Spoiler alert:

I liked the game but can't figure out what happened to the father Tom. At the end, there was only one adult male on the deck, the steward. Tell me if I missed something.

Thanks,

ffell
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by ffell on Jan 17, 11 7:43 PM
I installed this game & tried to play. The intro went ok, but when I got the "LOADING" message my computer locked up. The "LOADING" message remained on the screen & background music sounded repetitive. Task Manager said that the program was running, but when "End Program" was selected an error message said that the program was not responding.

Uninstalled the game and re-installed. Trying to play got the above results. I'm on a PC with Windows XP & have never had a problem with any other Big Fish games.

I installed Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull at the same time & it seems to work fine.

mylab8it
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mylab8it on Jan 18, 11 11:19 AM
graphics and sound effects great, to the point that they played on one of my greatest fears, drowning. Really freaked out initially but managed to get through it. Well, until the scuba portion, LOL. Had a bad experience on my first scuba lesson and this sort of brought all that back. Have now finished game, and will enjoy something less anxiety producing.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Jan 19, 11 11:58 AM
Blimey, that was short.

It's taken me just under two hours to complete.

Nice game, but heck, where's the rest of it?

[Post New]by Guardwolf21 on Jan 19, 11 1:23 PM
Hello I just played a 120 min demo of his game and my review is: Its a fun game but little too easy finding the objects was simple the puzzles were easy as can be and the game its self i had 55 mins left to play beat it with 55 mins to spare so that can tell you its a very easy game sorry i wont waste my money on it if you can beat the game just by playing a demo its a waste

lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on Jan 20, 11 9:59 AM
crap game - too much to-ing and fro-ing

Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare on the Pacific

[Post New]by aaron112 on Jan 20, 11 11:08 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Nightmare on the Pacific? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by aaron112 on Jan 20, 11 11:12 AM
game is driving the wife mad wish now not bought cant find certain things no help hints she think she will go mad worse game we have bought should get refund or game credit

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 22, 11 4:00 AM
I purchased the game even though I knew it was going to be short, because I was enjoying it so much. I did finish in less than 2 hours, but that was because I used the walkthrough when I got stuck so I didn't waste a lot of time chasing around, trying to figure out what to do next.

It had some interesting "solutions" to progress in the game, and the graphics were great. I am very prone to motion sickness in games with the 360 degree panning, but there was none of that here - just tilted decks, a bit of moving water, nothing that triggered the motion sickness (as a comparison, I only lasted a few minutes playing The Stroke of Midnight, yesterday's TGT.)

I'm going to white-out the rest of this, because there are spoilers. Highlight to read my impressions of the endgame.

After the complicated work to free the son, the crewman, and the husband, I was disappointed in the amount of "effort" it took to free the daughter - the game could have been extended another half hour easily by making it a bit tougher to get her free, and it wouldn't have taken too much more work for the developers - the graphics were already there, they just needed to add a few more tasks and revist a few H0 scenes to pick up more "useful objects." The solution for the husband could have also been extended at least a little by having him obviously moving from the elevator shaft, so she would expect him to meet her later rather than just assuming he didn't make it.

For those of you who did NOT find out what happened to the husband, play the game again and make sure you pick up all 13 personal possessions. Other gamers have suggested that this might trigger his being saved. Use the walkthrough - they are all listed in there.

Overall, I am glad I purchased the game. Yes, it was short, but the storyline was interesting, the HOG scenes were well-done, the graphics were great, and I had fun playing it.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 22, 11 4:06 AM
aaron112 wrote:game is driving the wife mad wish now not bought cant find certain things no help hints she think she will go mad worse game we have bought should get refund or game credit

Refunds are given if the game does not work on your computer, not because you get stuck. If you need help, there is a walkthrough available at

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/nightmare-on-the-pacific-walkthrough/

that gives detailed instructions, including screenshots, to help you through. I can't make a link, so just cut and paste the web address.

Edited on 01/22/2011 at 4:07:32 AM PST

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Jan 23, 11 4:32 PM
Did anyone notice that Denise was sometimes spelled with 2 n's and sometimes with 1. Couldn't the developers remember how many n's were in the name? And who in their right mind spells Denise with 2 n's?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 23, 11 5:43 PM
just not a sell for me...

if normal was easy, i don't know what easy would've been... here are your tasks, here are the sparklies to lead the way... the voiceovers were less than appealing...

so when they ask would a rose by any other name smell as sweet... sweet as an onion maybe it might be pretty, but that's about all it's getting from me!

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Jan 23, 11 6:14 PM
I'm on an APPLE iMac .... there does not seem to be a specific section for us APPLE computer users to use so that's why I'm posting here.
So far I've only played the "Trial" version, and agree with the majority of remarks. One BIG THING I did find is that this is the FIRST time a game has filled the screen of my iMac ... an awesome 47 cm wide by about 15 cm high .... it looks just like a widescreen DVD. The sound effects are super and it's easy to really get involved in the game. Lots of **** scenes and some good PUZZLES too. ...... If only I could keep from getting lost in trying to get from here to there. I'm frequently puzzled by what and where I should be next. Otherwise it's a very good game, and different from the haunted houses, ghosts, or history rambles. I'm on he fence wondering if it's worth purchasing .... I think I've already completed 3/4 of the game ... we've rescued the boy, the steward and know where the husband is ... we just have to get to him and find the daughter and we can board the last lifeboat and get rescued.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jan 26, 11 7:37 AM
I found the game took a long time loading. I used up my 60 minutes of free play almost entirely on loading but then again I have WindowsXP.
The game was fun to play and I greatly enjoyed it but did think it was a bit short. I found the graphics and storyline very interesting.

[Post New]by Rigel808 on Jan 29, 11 12:05 AM
For the first time, I quit and uninstalled before a trial period was up. The game took forever to start, and each screens load was measured in minutes.

[Post New]by mackisa on Jan 29, 11 9:42 PM
This game was way too short. Only took about 2 hours to finish, so not worth it. Very disappointed. Play was okay but too much back and forth.

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Jan 29, 11 9:53 PM
well I just used my credit on this and I have Vista and now it will not let me do the water wheel or anything else?? HELP!! OR I WANT MY CREDIT BACK!!

Go to: