Re:Post any Nightmare on the Pacific technical issues here only

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Feb 15, 11 7:21 PM
I have just tried the trial of this game from Oberon and it played right to to the end of the trial. So I thought I would try it with Big Fish before buying, I cannot put the wheel together to shut off the water nothing moves.

agd1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by agd1 on Feb 19, 11 5:33 PM
The game needs a little more work to be compatible. I just finished it (I think) on a Windows 7 laptop after changing the compatibility settings to Vista Service Pack 2. This was after trying to play the game & my screen would start flashing, and I was unable to proceed without breaking out of the game and rebooting. Once the compatibility settings were changed, I was able to play the game, til I reached the end if the current level. Then the flashing would return & I could not continue without rebooting. A shame, because I enjoyed the game & the theme was a nice break from all the haunted/murder/death games that seem to be out nowadays.

SR13
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by SR13 on Feb 20, 11 10:34 AM
I notice that a lot of people are having the same problem as me- that is good intro. then dramatic music & black screen with "loading" on it whilst it loads & loads & loads. Finally I realised that it was stuck in a loop & could only get out by pressing the Start button.
Read some of the posts on the forum & discovered that this game is apparently a bit of a memory hog. I have windows XP but I think it is probably a memory problem with my computer rather than the game or XP. I will try to improve my RAM & give this game another go because, from the short bit I saw, it looks as if it has much potential.
I agree with others that have mentioned how helpful tech help are. Customer Services have always been most prompt & efficient when I have had need to contact them. I cannot fault BFG on this at all, so well done & a thank you from me. So do click on the green envelope if you are having tech problems, etc- don't just put up with it & go away frustrated.

john_murray2
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by john_murray2 on Feb 21, 11 4:46 PM
I get this error come up and i have xp home version 32 bit is there a chance in getting a patch for this problem? it will run good thru the game then it just locks up and then i send a error report.

mtoston
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by mtoston on Feb 26, 11 12:41 PM
Although it took a long time, I did finally get to the helicopter leaving and then to the ships deck with the sparkling tool box. Now, everytime I move my mouse the game freezes for about a minute, then comes back until I move the mouse again. So...obviously, this gets me nowhere since I have to move the mouse in order to progress.

[Post New]by tgr2000 on Mar 5, 11 10:01 AM
Just tried to download game again and cannot get anywhere, Any way of getting a cr back for this game, It looked like a good game.

Go to: