abuscher
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Eternal Night: Realm of Souls

[Post New]by abuscher on Jan 19, 11 8:22 PM
cool game but it takes forever to change scenes. gotta sit and watch them heroglificks light up one by one. yawn!

[Post New]by shellseeker on Jan 20, 11 4:25 PM
i just bought the game and i do not like the long waits between scenes, it kind of ruins the continuity. I am working on the lights in the frog stones. i have to quit because the leg of the grass hopper won't go on, it keeps telling me the grass hopper is too heavy !! but all in all the graphics are very nice, the puzzles are good, but the hints are obtuse !! this is the first game i really don't like.

[Post New]by bonnyboo12 on Jan 21, 11 1:58 PM
I found this game a pain in the rear end. The cursor kept floating which made it very difficult to avoid bubbles! It seemed to take for ever to load the different levels and this had to be done every time you wanted to go backwards or forwards. It even took ages to load when you wanted to quit the game! There were error messages to contend with as well. I managed to finish the game but only by skipping some mini games. I was determined to complete it but was not sorry to see the back of it.

Quickie
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Quickie on Jan 21, 11 3:57 PM
Like the game, but it's a no buy for me. HATE the down time loading from the start to the different scenes. Too much time. Pity.

[Post New]by sec542007 on Jan 22, 11 6:07 AM
I hated this game. I bought it out of boredom and wish I hadn't because now I'm even more bored. I still haven't finished it and doubt I ever will. Most people seem to like this game but I am certainly not one of them.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 22, 11 1:18 PM
I was shocked and happy to see Poodlebear writing a review! So were others - Poodle - we miss your reviews!!!
I'm on the fence on this one - have only played half the demo time; found it very confusing. Guess I'm one who didn't pay enough attention to the directions...

[Post New]by patti85stu on Jan 22, 11 8:55 PM
Looks like my type of game but doesn't work on my puter. Spent 30 mins of the demo trying to shut it down.

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Jan 23, 11 12:55 AM
Thanks to everyone for th ereviews... flashing lights and a short game mean I won't even bother trying it. As a fibro sufferer the flashing lights make me ill and the short game play means it's not worth the money. Maybe if it was a DD I would risk looking away on the lights but full price is a NO from me.

JosCafe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JosCafe on Jan 23, 11 6:01 AM
Awful, Awful, Awful.

I had to manually change my graphic settings and then everything else worked to slow. The mouse jumped, stalled and then moved too fast.

I don't have slow computer and I can play high graphics intensive games on it, but this one never got steady.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 23, 11 12:57 PM
DragonLady - thank you for the info about the scene changing hieroglyphics. It was annoying to switch locations and get stuck for a minute waiting for the new scene. But I'd noticed it was getting faster - did not pay any attention to the glyphs themselves. Unfortunately was on that screen when the demo ran out. Now it looks like I'll have to buy just to check out your observation!
The game IS different and the graphics incredible. Once I got the hang of the charms, the game started moving right along. I didn't get all that far, not even underwater, so it will probably not be a two hour game for me. Being slower has its perks!

Pooh_Bah
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Pooh_Bah on Jan 23, 11 8:55 PM
I really liked the game, but found one irritation - on my computer, at least, the cursor was sluggish. This made it difficult to capture the pink bubbles without bumping into green bubbles. It wasn't so bad for the earlier charms, but by the last one where you had to capture 31 or so pink bubbles, I finally had to give up and just skip the puzzle. I HATE skipping puzzles. But the game is inventive, colorful, great graphics, reasonable story, and imaginative puzzles, some of them requiring a lot of thought. All-in-all, well worth the price.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 26, 11 2:30 AM
Ahhh.... right up my street I love it .

katinhat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by katinhat on Feb 1, 11 2:39 PM
where is the spear? and the colored peaces help

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Feb 1, 11 10:31 PM
That was a weirdo game ! I really enjoyed it, though. It was a little slow or jumpy at times, but I thought the whole concept was unusual and created a new world I hadn't seen before!

New, thoughtful ways to solve something, engaging atmosphere, and even a little humor made this a game I enjoyed returning to.

Blessings!

katinhat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by katinhat on Feb 2, 11 11:08 AM
This game has to much loading, and it takes forever. I do not have this trouble with any other games. It is driving me crazy, I wish I had never bought it.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 10, 11 8:09 PM
BORING! If I have to look at the walkthrough every second to proceed - I'm not getting it - too frustrating.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 26, 11 1:06 PM
I forgot I had downloaded this game, and after finishing some others, went to play this one after discovering it, in my left behind folder.

Anyway, I absolutely loved playing this game. Though not too long (took me approximately 8 hours to complete), but the graphics and cut scenes were fabulous! Love Egyptian history, and art. The story line was interesting, and the mini games superb and unique, but fairly easy to complete fast.

The challenge in the game, as to what to do next, was great, and there is very little hand holding, which I like very much. It really was not hard to figure out what to do next in a logical sequence, but patience is required.

Only negative, was that near the end of game play, the game would crash periodically (already mentioned in the technical forum). Also, too slow of a wait on load time between location scenes.

Over all, this game was well worth the purchase! I can't wait for the sequel!

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 1:46:53 PM PST

[Post New]by Suzitex on Mar 18, 11 6:26 PM
Picked up a loaf of bread and could never get beyond that. What a waste of $ and time. Looked like it would be a good game, but if you can't get it to work - whats the point!

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Mar 25, 11 7:41 AM
A wonderful game BUT.........it's mildly annoying when any game sends you back and forth between the same scenes but it is damned annoying when you have to wait for reloads every two scenes.
It's a great shame this happened because the storyline, music, graphics, voiceover and mini games were of the highest order. (Perhaps this is why there were so many 'loads'?) Having had my grouse I will still buy the sequel, should there be one, despite myself!

Many thanks.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 7, 11 11:26 PM
arthurC wrote:Cherbtoo wrote: the flashing bright lights as you enter the Afterlife tunnel might affect some of you " ..

That's me out then. I can't even risk it.

Why of why the developers think triggering migraines and epiletic fits in their clientele is clever, I'll never know. They add nothing to the enjoyment of the game and could easily be left out .. so why do they insist on including them????

Well those are some of my favorite effects though... I love the bright lights/flashes/sparkles all of it... makes the game more enjoyable to me. Maybe they could offer two versions... with or without like they do with the casual/advanced modes? I don't want to prevent someone from playing games but I hate to think no games in the future would offer those effects. Just an idea.

Go to: