Re:Welcome to Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life forum

[Post New]by lustigewitwe on Mar 17, 11 3:06 PM
I am in the Second part of the game (Venice), and I am at the very end and there is a cinematic that is supposed to play that transports the character to the third act (Cairo). I have done all necessary steps and checked against many walk-throughs to make sure I didn't miss any steps, but it will not let me leave and says "I still have something I need to do here"... but I don't. Further, I have gone back to previous Saved games and gone step by step, and I still am not able to proceed.

I really don't want to start this game over for a third time as I've already invested many hours getting to the point in the game I am currently in. Any one have a solution to fix this?

Thanks

hytte
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hytte on Mar 18, 11 10:10 AM
After getting stuck twice and starting the game all over, after having red all user's problems with this game, I suggest that Big Fish get rid of all the bugs in their games before selling them.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 18, 11 10:14 AM
I suggest that Big Fish get rid of all the bugs in their games before selling them.
It's not BFG's game. The developer is City Interactive. BFG CS is working with them to resolve the current bugs.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 18, 11 10:53 AM
lustigewitwe wrote:I am in the Second part of the game (Venice), and I am at the very end and there is a cinematic that is supposed to play that transports the character to the third act (Cairo). I have done all necessary steps and checked against many walk-throughs to make sure I didn't miss any steps, but it will not let me leave and says "I still have something I need to do here"... but I don't. Further, I have gone back to previous Saved games and gone step by step, and I still am not able to proceed.

I really don't want to start this game over for a third time as I've already invested many hours getting to the point in the game I am currently in. Any one have a solution to fix this?

Thanks
You have to let the dialogue appear on the screen before clicking past it. If you click too fast it doesn't record properly in the Notebook and corrupts the game. Check your dialogue by clicking the Notebook on the upper right. Is dialogue missing? If so, you game won't finish. Before starting from a previous save, exit out of the game. Then you can come back in and play from a previous save. Do NOT fast click dialogue. That seems to be the "key" to completing successfullly.

[Post New]by lustigewitwe on Mar 18, 11 11:50 AM
I did what you wrote and still can not go out it simply says ists something more i have to do . I red all the forums and people are very amgry at this game and i am also a very impatience person and going not put up with this because i play to enjoy and not to get angry

[Post New]by katieplayer on Mar 22, 11 6:07 PM
I, too, am stuck in Venice. My drivers are up to date; I've started it twice. Why are so many people having problems with this?

[Post New]by ivycat32 on Mar 22, 11 11:20 PM
snova wrote:
COMPUCHIPS wrote:I have a problem, when I have to go to get valve,in the conversation she's suppose to give me the money but it doesn't go on inventory and then go to get the parcel and we talk but no parcel help!

i'm having a similar issue. the money doesn't show in my inventory, and when i try to speak with the officers it tells me there is nothing to say. i have no idea what i'm missing?

I had the same problem, but the parcel can be found in your notebook under documents...click on it and it will show the valve in your inventory. I never did see the money she was supposed to have given. Hope this helps!

[Post New]by msyvette on Mar 23, 11 8:12 PM
i have also started over a couple of times. I have even saved at numerous points in the game and it still isnt' working correctly. I started over for the fourth time. i saved the game and when i came back to play half the dialouge was missing. what can i do. i even followed the walkthru. but the dialouge always disappears.

Ramrod

[Post New]by nannytucket27 on Mar 30, 11 5:38 PM
How do I get the ramrod out of the gun

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Ramrod

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 30, 11 5:57 PM
nannytucket27 wrote:How do I get the ramrod out of the gun
Click on the pistol in your inventory to make it a large picture. Then right click on the pistol and the ramrod will come out.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 30, 11 5:59 PM
msyvette wrote:i have also started over a couple of times. I have even saved at numerous points in the game and it still isnt' working correctly. I started over for the fourth time. i saved the game and when i came back to play half the dialouge was missing. what can i do. i even followed the walkthru. but the dialouge always disappears.
Exit out of the game. Then restart either from the beginning or from a "good" save. To see if it is a good save, check the dialogue to make sure it is all there. To prevent dialogue from disappearing, make sure you let it all display on the screen before clicking to advance it. For me the fast clicking through the dialogue is what "corrupts" the game.

Welcome to Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life forum

[Post New]by schnurrli on Apr 5, 11 8:20 AM
denisegraue wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life players.

I have gone to the porter 3 different times to get the toner. I can not get it from him.

[Post New]by schnurrli on Apr 5, 11 8:24 AM
Hi, I got the same problem with getting the resin, Antoine s going to fetch it but he never does. I started the game already twice and it is no fun at all if you get stuck all the time.

Thanks for the help

[Post New]by quizknight on Apr 6, 11 4:31 AM
after spending around 10 hrs trying to get out of venice,including going back to saves , printing a walkthough and going to the forums ,and not having any luck.
i uninstalled the game reinstalled it, and started from the begining.
using the walkthrough to the letter , 4 hrs later i am out of venice , not looking forward to the next glitch ,hope this helps.

[Post New]by libra4560 on Apr 9, 11 2:24 PM
donnasw8 wrote:I have a question about getting the parcel from the customs office with the valve in it. I go through the conversation, but don't get anything from the officer. I have tried several times, and still nothing. Thanks.

[Post New]by libra4560 on Apr 9, 11 2:31 PM
You have to get the parcel from the office through the window when the officers to to the yacht to catch the eyepatched murderer. click on the window, on the right click on the fishing pole and than point it on the parcel. You do not take the parcel just see the address and put it back hope this helps. I am having trouble getting the black birds scared and leave. Is there anyone there that knows where to click.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 10, 11 6:11 PM
libra4560 wrote:<snip> I am having trouble getting the black birds scared and leave. Is there anyone there that knows where to click.
I think this is where you find a stick in the bushes somewhere close by and use it on the black birds.

[Post New]by Servant_to_a_Cat on Apr 23, 11 11:44 AM
I am just getting started with this game. I can't find the key to open the desk. I've wandered all arond the question marks {?} ande checked out the scenes. I bought this game, but I can't seem to make any headway. The whole style of this game is very different from the ones I already own. I must agree that it's not much fun getting the woman to go where I want her to go. Sometimes I have her going in circles! Back to my question, How do I open the desk?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 23, 11 12:04 PM
The walkthrough for this game will help a lot in getting you started with it. Click on the topic "Walkthrough" toward the top of this forum and follow instructions to get to it. It explains how to manipulate things and what to do.

Claire will give you the key when you talk to her after doing everything needed up to that point. You need to let the dialogue completely play through with this game. A lot of clues are found in the dialogue.

[Post New]by Servant_to_a_Cat on Apr 23, 11 12:18 PM
Never mind. I finally found the draw and got the tweezers. I'm now having trouble moving the chest's dials. Is this game just too big for my system? I wanted it put on disc when I ordered but was told it wouldn't fit so I had to download it from your web site. I kid you NOT, it took a full WEEK! I started downloading last saturday and just got it late last night.

Go to: