Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life

[Post New]by piano77 on Mar 1, 11 6:32 PM
First of all, this game has a TON of glitches. You can get majorly stuck and have to go back and repeat a whole section of the game. I had to do that twice.

I thought the story line was interesting, but then as it got to the end and finally ended, I realized that nothing was really resolved. I hated how abrupt the ending was. If you are going to build a story like that you need to answer the questions and give a better ending!

If I had none the ending would be like that, I wouldn't have played this game.

I did like the graphics and most of the conversations, though, but no satisfactory ending to give me any sort of worth for my time spent on it.

[Post New]by cantbelieveit on Mar 3, 11 3:21 AM
reddice wrote:Just finished the game. Figured out the lever setting for the elevator was waaaayyyy on the left. Loved the graphics, very beautiful illustrations, kudoos to the animators!!! Dialogues were inane sometimes...is that babble? Who writes this dialogue? I find there's a lot of unresolved story, like Sylvie promised to bring back a copy of her book to the museum director and also a copy for the antiquiary man in Cairo. Characters are developed and then they disappear? It would have been nice to return to the museum or France to resolve issues like the animosity between Antoine and the inn keeper. What about the sitting on the bench with a cider or melancholic time? Seems like the creators ran out of steam or I think they had a timeline. Seems if you want it really badly you get it very badly... Also very glitchy game, needs work!

[Post New]by tandork on Mar 6, 11 6:20 PM
In a word...FRUSTRATING!!! As others have said, this must be an old game. It makes you do things in SUCH a STRICK ORDER that it takes a lot of the fun out of the game. And the first location has never-ending repeating verbage that will drive you NUTS!! Not new to these kinds of games, but had to kept checking walk-through 'cuz things were so UN-intuitive. If you buy...Good Luck.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 7, 11 10:19 PM
dragon7380 wrote:I quit this game after less than 5 minutes. I want to play a game, NOT watch a movie. If I am not allowed to click through all the BS they present, I will not buy the game. You can make a movie, or you can make a game, but stop making games with movies in them.

Less dialog and more games. We end up with all this Dialog and the games are getting shorter and shorter because of it. Make up your mind what you want to do, make a movie, or make a game, You can't do both and make it enjoyable.

Actually I have the opposite opinion... I love love love when games/movies/novels merge into one big bite of entertaining goodness. There are other games with no story line that you might like better but adventure games are really all about the story and the "BS" is part of the game... clicking thru it is rather like reading an Agatha Christie book and just skipping right to the last page to find out who dunnit. Try puzzle games maybe if you like the puzzle aspect or straight hogs if you like the H0 scenes and pass on adventure games.

zser
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by zser on Mar 9, 11 12:34 PM
CasualGran wrote:In one of the other threads I've been reading Doctorgoods comment and I think he said it all pretty much. It's a very slow-paced game with annoyingly moving characters and too much talking. Furthermore it takes ages, so I'm experiencing it, to find stuff and finally use it. Funny, though. I really loved the Syberia games when I played them in 2004. Have I got boared in the meantime with similar point-and-click games?

Anyway, I won't buy, although it's a well made game on itself. Very atmospheric graphics, interesting story and fitting, tolerable music.

Would give it 3 out of 5 just for production values.

But to all who like this Adventure Game: Happy Gaming!

Edited on 03/09/2011 at 12:39:35 PM PST

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Mar 10, 11 5:25 PM
I played 7 minutes - the music at first kept stopping then starting - the dialog in the workshop was very, very long and boring. Had to skip past it. When I saw how slow it was I quit. If the characters moved faster and the dialog was better might have bought it. Thank goodness for the trials on these games.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Mar 23, 11 11:11 AM
I have stopped and started this game so many times I see it in my sleep! I simply cannot get to the ending. I get every thing OK and even load the fruit in the thingamabob, get out of jail, light the torch, place the fire things one at a time but when I go to light it what'sw his face says "You need to add more fruit" well no can do and there I sit.Same darn place for a week. HELP!!! is ther any one out there who can tell me what I am doing wrong ! It is driving me a little kookoo

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 23, 11 12:09 PM
SIRSLIMMYEEL wrote:I have stopped and started this game so many times I see it in my sleep! I simply cannot get to the ending. I get every thing OK and even load the fruit in the thingamabob, get out of jail, light the torch, place the fire things one at a time but when I go to light it what'sw his face says "You need to add more fruit" well no can do and there I sit.Same darn place for a week. HELP!!! is ther any one out there who can tell me what I am doing wrong ! It is driving me a little kookoo
Did you add the herb in the saucer? Did you do the filter puzzle?

actorres86
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by actorres86 on Apr 7, 11 8:31 PM
First of all, let me say that I have been playing BF games for a while now, and this is the first game that I absolutely hate. There are so many glitches that it isn't even funny. First I got stuck in Venice because the character didn't pick up an inventory item, so I restarted the game from the beginning. I got as far as Cairo the second time around, only for the same exact thing to happen, leaving me stuck and unable to finish. I followed the walkthrough exactly, and I still got stuck, so I knew that it had to be a glitch. Most of the games that I play are adventure games of this nature, and I have never had the problems that I've had with this game. Needless to say, I uninstalled this game. I just wish that I hadn't wasted hours of my time playing, only to get stuck in the end. Until the glitches are fixed, I warn everyone to avoid this game at all costs!

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 8:32:13 PM PST

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 11, 11 4:41 PM
What I played of this game was good. However the frequent glitches were too much to handle because you'd have to start from the beginning. After having that happening twice, I decided to throw in the towel and ask for a game credit. Hopefully this can be fixed one day. Until then, I'm kissing this game goodbye! LOL

otogo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by otogo on Apr 17, 11 4:10 AM
Painfully finished...boring, confusing walkthrough, inventor should be making movies not games with all the stupid dialouge. Music and graphics are however great. Could not wait for it to end.

[Post New]by Phin13 on Apr 19, 11 6:04 PM
I have to say this was a really disappointing game. I still haven't even finished it. The pace is excruciatingly slow and the dialog takes forever, I don't even read it (which is probably why I am struggling to get through the game). Some of the puzzles (i.e. the windmill, setting course, etc) are just a long string of trial and error rather than requiring any sort of skill or thought. I usually play these games straight through because they are so gripping - I've been working on this for well over a month and am probably just giving up at this stage because I can't get the damn elevator to work. Sad I had such high hopes!

Edith9
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by Edith9 on Apr 25, 11 1:02 PM
I´ve just finished this game and it was mostly good experience. Interesting story, nice graphics (not the best you´ve seen but still eye catching), music is OK. It´s classic adventure with classic gameplay - you´re looking for stuff, combine things and talking with other characters (maybe there is too much talking for one game). Unfortunately I also suffered some bugs (it seems that game is full of them) as a missing valve or no count in airship, which made me almost give up playing, At the end I searched web for save files and it helped. But it spoils general impression of another adventure of Sylvie Leroux. Final score - 6 out of 10 (without bugs it could be 8).

meanymouse
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by meanymouse on Apr 25, 11 7:52 PM
Man this is slow! Its like Nostradamus, I finally quit that one none of it made sense. you couldn't figure it out on your own becausae it made no sense and even following walkthrough-which I hate- you couldn't follow game. Feel like it was a big mistake buying it. Maybe it will get better.

Your Comments and Reviews for Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life

[Post New]by Redhead47 on May 7, 11 7:07 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by Redhead47 on May 7, 11 7:11 AM
I think this game is absolutely rubbish - it keeps bombing out. You have to keep going back and redoing all of the long laborious tasks and puzzles and then you still are not able to continue. Things don't go into your inventory even though you have left the laborious boring dialogues to run completely through without interruption. I think I must have tried 10 times to reload and replay this game and I am bored with it now! Please refund my game tokens I paid for it with so that I can purchase something better! Oh and I still have not received my fishy soft toy which really isnt the end of my world but it annoys me as I have been a member for about 4 years and loads of other people I know received theirs - why did I not receive one! Rather give me game tokens to buy decent games with please!

Respond to my post please as I am p****d off with this game.

[Post New]by LilReb28 on May 7, 11 3:43 PM
This is the worst game I have tried to play in over a year with BFG. If it wasn't for a walkthrough, I would have had no idea what to do. Finally gave up when I accidentally found out how to get the ramrod out of the gun, but it did no good. I was unable to get the ramrod to do anything. What a waste of money. This is not even a good adventure game.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 7, 11 4:21 PM
Redhead47 wrote:I think this game is absolutely rubbish - it keeps bombing out. You have to keep going back and redoing all of the long laborious tasks and puzzles and then you still are not able to continue. Things don't go into your inventory even though you have left the laborious boring dialogues to run completely through without interruption. I think I must have tried 10 times to reload and replay this game and I am bored with it now! Please refund my game tokens I paid for it with so that I can purchase something better! Oh and I still have not received my fishy soft toy which really isnt the end of my world but it annoys me as I have been a member for about 4 years and loads of other people I know received theirs - why did I not receive one! Rather give me game tokens to buy decent games with please!

Respond to my post please as I am p****d off with this game.

Bigfish rarely responds directly to comments buried in this thread. You will get a response if you contact Customer Support by using the on the right or Live Chat on your Game Club Account page. Tell them about missing your Felix also. Sometimes sending them gets overlooked without a reminder by the member.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 7, 11 4:24 PM
LilReb28 wrote:This is the worst game I have tried to play in over a year with BFG. If it wasn't for a walkthrough, I would have had no idea what to do. Finally gave up when I accidentally found out how to get the ramrod out of the gun, but it did no good. I was unable to get the ramrod to do anything. What a waste of money. This is not even a good adventure game.

This is a true or pure adventure game, and it is good if you like that type of game. Seems that you are not used to playing true adventure games. They do not offer a lot of help in the game -- you have to figure out what to do -- that's part of the game.

You put the ramrod in the bottom of the chest to open the bottom drawer.

[Post New]by memorycrisis on May 31, 11 2:58 PM
Just finished The Tree of Life. Very good game. Highly recommend this one. I enjoyed The Scorpio Ritual too but found this to be much better.

Go to: