Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by pibbo207 on Feb 1, 11 8:38 PM
I have met the gondolier in the lecture hall. He says he has something for me...and then the game stops. He does not give anything to me and the characters just stand there looking around. I cannot get out of the scene to move forward. Please help.

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by lebertav on Feb 3, 11 9:59 AM
Baybear wrote:I"m not getting the mask or flare from the masked partiers in Venice. I gave them the autographed book and the woman mentions the flare, but then all converation is ended and nothing goes into inventory (I scrolled the inventory arrows and nothing new was there). I went back and forth and tried to talk to them again, but no conversation was allowed and no mask or flare. I loaded an earlier portion of the game and "came through again" using the walkthrough, but again... no mask or flare were given. Sounds like a bunch of bugs in this one.

[Post New]by tosh53 on Feb 4, 11 6:07 AM
Hi to all..Love adventure games,but this one has me really frustrated.I cant get to Cairo done every thing possible .But I must say BF are very good they tried to help and I did what they told me but still no joy,so they gave me a coupon code to get another.I have heard other game sites are not so good at offering another game..But please BF will you try and get your adventure games right this is the 3rd one i have tried,and had faults with.

[Post New]by ms9281 on Feb 5, 11 10:55 AM
I'm having the same problem with Sylvie giving Sarah the money and it won't let you put that map on the console. I when back and started over to many times, and I'm to far in the game to do it now

FINISHED IT!

[Post New]by Mizcheef on Feb 5, 11 3:31 PM
This has the makings of a really good adventure game but they have to iron out all the glitches. You have to save your games all the time because when you find you can't do something that you should be able to do, according to the walkthrough, it helps to go back to a previous save and it usually works out OK.

My complaints are that there is far too much dialogue, and it's also difficult sometimes to see who is speaking. There's a lot of walking about too but at least you can make her run by double clicking where you want her to go.

The video pieces are awsome, especially the balloon flight to the island.

If the makers can clean it up, you should all enjoy it. Until then it's a bit frustrating.

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by tsdragon on Feb 5, 11 3:49 PM
Luv2Solve wrote:
Elirana wrote:
jlroeder wrote:Ok, doesn't look like anyone has had the problem I am having....I can't get the chest open ....I have listened to the dictaphone...talked to Claire several times....looked at the jupiter thing and the gale pictures....but the chest still won't open! What am I doing wrong?????

Set the clocks in order that was given, ie Gale, Jupiter, Date from Claire. Gale no. is on board, Jupiter no. is on ceiling of hall. If Claire hasn't told you her special date then you have to do other things to trigger it. A tip...press the dial and not the hands on the clocks of the chest. The hands move Lt. or Rt. depending which side you click. Took me a while to realise not to try moving the hands. LOL

Good luck...you'll need it with all the gremlins in this game.

No matter what I do, can't enter combo. Only allowed 3 total clicks. Gives me message: "Too many combinations...it requires more than a bit of luck."

Frustrated!!! Will ask for refund if can't get it to work. Sounds like a really messed up game.

You have to have talked to Clair to get their date, looked at the pictues in the woorkroom to get the number for a gale, and looked at the ceilng of the main room to find jupiter. If you haven't SEEN or HEARD all the clues, it things you don't have the combo.

The Elevater doesn't work

[Post New]by Kaokaokao on Feb 6, 11 4:51 PM
I've already done all I have to do on the Bimini Island. I got help of two different walkthroughs from the internet. I brought the windmill work. And the elevater doesn't work. Why? I'm stuck again.

It must be a bug. I got no whip in Cairo from the trader, too. From this point my computer became very slow. I must repeat all the game, then I got the whip. It was frustrated.

I repeated to play all of the scenes of the Bimini Island again. This time it doesn't work....

[Post New]by trinastanton on Feb 7, 11 7:53 PM
I have had nothing but problems with this stupid game. I have restarted four times and have wasted countless hours. Yet, I am no further than I was. The first problem I had was receiving the toner and the resin. The janitor says he gives them to me, yet they never showed up in my inventory. I started again, this time, I received the toner and used it. When I returned to ask for the resin, he says, I will be right back, he goes inside his house, the door closes and he never returns. I am left standing outside the door. U cannot ring his doorbell again. I started over two more times, and the same thing happened. He said I will be right back, closed the door, and there I am standing and waiting. He never returns. The game does not freeze and I do not receive any error codes. I can still walk around, but I cannot progress in the game without the items. We customers that bought this game, should be compensated for all the hours we wasted for nothing. I have been a member for quite awhile. I don't have to be though. I could save a lot of time and money if I cancelled. Another point I would like to make is this...why is it that u can BUY after the early afternoon hours, but cannot reach anyone in customer service or technical service? I think I know the answer to that one...I am a very disgruntled customer right now. btw, I didn't play the trial first, just bought it and started playing. In my opinion, it would be in your best interest not to sale anymore of these until the problems are resolved. Save someone some time and misery. I bought it cause it was number one..yeah right, number one problem!

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 7:59:17 PM PST

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Feb 7, 11 8:12 PM
Have you tried any of the walkthroughs to help. Would it be right to look around and to talk to other people in the mean time while he is looking for it. This is an adventure not a hidden object game. The rules are different. You save manually on this game.

In this game you have to do certain things in order or you will get a glitch.

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 8:14:19 PM PST

[Post New]by Sandy_Lynne on Feb 7, 11 9:36 PM
I had much the same issue as many people: I got to the part where you talk to the trader at the marketplace in Cairo, and he is supposed to give you the whip. He didn't give me the whip, and now I can't talk to him anymore, and I'm stuck. Is there a way I can get my credit back for this game?

game glitches

[Post New]by questaree on Feb 10, 11 12:08 PM
I am now on my 2nd install since purchasing this game. I haven't been able to get the toner from Antoine even though he says he gave it. I am starting to wish I'd read the forums before buying this game. The demo worked perfectly for me.

mcguind
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by mcguind on Feb 11, 11 7:30 AM
In answer to trinastanton..... When you can't ring the doorbell go to the Inn and chat. When you return you should be able to ring the bell.
I've got as far as Cairo now and the screen freezes. Will try an earlier save and see if that helps. This game really has problem.

Edit to add...... Earlier save worked and I'm up and running again.

Edited on 02/11/2011 at 8:36:22 AM PST

[Post New]by debsl26 on Feb 12, 11 9:09 AM
Guys I've just finished this game - eventually - as I had the same kind of issues you seem to have had.
It must be a major glitch with the software and I've messaged BFG also.
All I can suggest is to SAVE SAVE SAVE as often as you can!
I had to repeat most of the tasks and seems that unless you do things in the exact specified order you will end up getting stuck. I had the problem with the innkeeper/ water/ flour too amongst countless others!
Very frustrating but thanks to some excellent walkthroughs I was able to follow the order of the game to the letter and this seems to fix things.
However, until I understood what was going on, this meant I quite often had to do loads of backtracking so again, I can't stress enough that you will have to save this game after pretty much most tasks and do not pick up, combine or use anything until it is absolutely necessary to do so (easier said than done though!).
Good luck and am happy to receive messages if you need any help.

Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by nanau49 on Feb 12, 11 12:32 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

[Post New]by nanau49 on Feb 12, 11 12:34 PM
There seem to be major issues with this game. I am in Gibraltar and have gotten money for airship but can't get past this area. Just wander around, can't speak to anyone or see anyone at the hangar. Anyone get past this? Any suggestions?

[Post New]by lindy1549 on Feb 13, 11 7:29 PM
I finished the tree relief in the palace, found the seeds, talked to the count, and he told me to run. When I try to get in the gondola, I get "I can't leave yet, there is something else I need to do here". I also picked up the stone pieces under the window, and restored the Mary Celeste plank. Help please!

shazamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by shazamer on Feb 13, 11 8:06 PM
I'm having the same problem with the toner. I think this game needs a rebuild.
If I thought I needed an update to my computer to fix it, I'd do that, but I'm really updated on everything. Don't know what else I can update.
Aside from that, it's really not fun to have to keep interrupting the game play to try to figure out what the problem is ...this time.
For example: did I miss directions somewhere that said to right click on...anything?
And if I finally get the toner, am I going to have the same problem in Cairo?
It's really a shame because I would like to finish the...?game? it's just too aggravating.
Suggestions: besides saving constantly so you don't have to start from scratch...
put a skip option on the intro dialogue; it was great..the first time around.
put a screen toggle option in; since it's absolutely necessary to refer to the walkthrough, it would be really nice to be able to refer to it without quitting the game. (short of making a hard copy of the whole walkthrough)
If there aren't going to be any hints, get rid of the stupid question mark; it's just redundant.
After she walks someplace once, provide a link to the location you want her to explore again. really...her walking the same route over and over again gets tiresome.
I'm done with this game. I'd really like a refund.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Feb 14, 11 5:59 PM
I have PM you for the help - these are not technical issues. You just need help for the game to move on in the game.

Edited on 02/14/2011 at 6:01:45 PM PST

[Post New]by Gecko1221 on Feb 14, 11 6:29 PM
I'm so bummed. This game has been running perfectly through brittany, venice, and what I assume is half of cairo and I've really enjoyed it. I turned the game off after saving (for the umpteenth time) and now when I turn it back on I can't get the whip from the camel trader in cairo. I beat fatima, partially cleaned the scarf, dried it, talked to everyone, worked out the water pump, milked the camel, try for a lemon, talk to the trader and he offers me his whip - but doesn't give it to me. Have tried reloading saves from different points and they all give me glitches in various places now. The forums all say the same thing...is my only option REALLY to uninstall, reinstall and repeat hours worth of game I've already played before???

[Post New]by frgreen43 on Feb 15, 11 4:36 AM
I keep having problems changing places. I had to restart to get out of Venice to Cairo, had to restart. Now having problems getting from Gibraltar to Air ship. I have done everything that has to be done but when I say good-by nothing happens. Is it because I still show money in my inventory? Help

Go to: